User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Prepare for another downturn

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

Minn Mike I want to , Thank You , Our conversation last year about total loss insurance proceeds being written to the homeowner. You were correct they can be . My attorneys and I were incorrect . That one exchange made this site extremely valuable to me personally, What I mean to say is ah a.... I didn't profit from the funds . B) :) :) :laugh: B) ahem ah ah Well , again " Thank You Mike " .

June 14, 2010 at 8:52 p.m.

Mike H

I'm not sure that anything is "inevitable", unless you take it to the extreme, like you're 55 mph and 3" from impact with a tractor/trailer rig. I think we are still early enough in the game to change the outcome. This is still a country where it's up to the "people", the question is, do enough people care?

June 13, 2010 at 6:55 p.m.

RandyB1986

I agree Mike. I have never really understood that either. I always find CIAK to be very helpful and I too appreciate his input and help. I appreciate many of you guys.....this is one place I can always come and get solid, honest answers/opinions.

Best to you all.

June 13, 2010 at 4:05 p.m.

CIAK

This is another interesting article http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100613/pl_nm/us_obama_economy B) B) :woohoo: :woohoo: :side: :silly: :blink: :side: B) B)

June 13, 2010 at 1:52 p.m.

Mike H

twill59 Said: Chuck, you wanted a conversation.....

Anyway the price of roofing will drop and the cost of your premium will go up.

Whats not to like?

This country does not want dual flush toilets or durable roofs. Our decline is inevitable.

:dry:

You know, I never really understood all the CIAK bashing that takes place around here. I think this post illuminated it for me. I can't disagree with the post. But I can say, that it seems to me like CIAK's posts are more about trying to help each of you/me/us in the market to adapt to the "inevitable".

What's the old saying? "Don't kill the messenger"?

Just cuz a guy is part of the insurance industry, doesn't mean he's the root of the problem. FWIW, see ya. Some might fine words been written here, so far. Good readin'.

June 13, 2010 at 12:56 p.m.

CIAK

Tom They... could also be the lower than "your" price guy who is willing to do the work for what his overhead or no over head and or profit is. Possibly even give something away " free " there is that four letter word again , to get the job . Competition is a bitch when it is running over you because you refuse to move or think of it as something more than what it is . A lost job .... The insurance market is the referral ," food " later on or included in the scope of the work . A satisfied customer and or their friends need more work done The $16 a square is not set in stone and if you can't deal with it move on to the next one .The adjuster is at fault here .

June 13, 2010 at 12:55 p.m.

CIAK

twill59 Said: Randy 1986--- Lets get you thinking here. Indy gets hail stormed what? Twice in 3-4 yrs? NOW the roofing market is dead. Because the Ins. Cos. and their troopers came in and ate it up.

The Ins. Industry would be THEY The roof market would be the FOOD And the $16 a sq. they are offering would be the CRUMBS

I am far from any conspiracy theorist, but as noted before, I am observant and as I try to tell CIAK, my brain has not been murdered yet. Also I can add/ subtract, and this is VERY SIMPLE MATH[/quote Tom They... could also be the lower than "your" price guy who is willing to do the work for what his overhead or no over head and or profit is. Possibly even give something away " free " there is that four letter word again , to get the job . Competition is a bitch when it is running over you because you refuse to move or think of it as something more than what it is . A lost job .... The insurance market is the referral ," food " later on or included in the scope of the work . A satisfied customer and or their friends need more work done The $16 a square is not set in stone and if you can't deal with it move on to the next one .The adjuster is at fault here .

June 13, 2010 at 12:55 p.m.

CIAK

twill59 Said: Randy 1986--- Lets get you thinking here. Indy gets hail stormed what? Twice in 3-4 yrs? NOW the roofing market is dead. Because the Ins. Cos. and their troopers came in and ate it up.

The Ins. Industry would be THEY The roof market would be the FOOD And the $16 a sq. they are offering would be the CRUMBS

I am far from any conspiracy theorist, but as noted before, I am observant and as I try to tell CIAK, my brain has not been murdered yet. Also I can add/ subtract, and this is VERY SIMPLE MATH[/quote Tom They... could also be the lower than "your" price guy who is willing to do the work for what his overhead or no over head and or profit is. Possibly even give something away " free " there is that four letter word again , to get the job . Competition is a bitch when it is running over you because you refuse to move or think of it as something more than what it is . A lost job .... The insurance market is the referral ," food " later on or included in the scope of the work . A satisfied customer and or their friends need more work done The $16 a square is not set in stone and if you can't deal with it move on to the next one .The adjuster is at fault here .

June 13, 2010 at 12:07 p.m.

egg

CIAK, I don't see your error. What was it?

June 13, 2010 at 11:49 a.m.

CIAK

Tom

CIAK Said: I miss spoke. Speaking metaphorically gum chewing and babble is rude, and has no company in a room when literal foreclosure , bankruptcy etc. are the conversation . I see my error.

June 13, 2010 at 11:46 a.m.

CIAK

I miss spoke. Speaking metaphorically gum chewing and babble is rude, and has no company in a room when literal foreclosure , bankruptcy etc. are the conversation . I see my error.

June 13, 2010 at 11:18 a.m.

egg

I think you may be over-simplifying at the moment. Let's take BP just for instance. Drill, Baby, Drill. Incompetence has no single master.

June 13, 2010 at 10:58 a.m.

CIAK

John Kennedy Ronald Reagan George Washington Etc . Loved America and is one with Americans . B.O. is the only president that doesn't and isn't . Other than maybe Jimmie Carter who I am embarrassed to say I voted for. If you can't or don't see it I can't help you .IMO

June 13, 2010 at 10:46 a.m.

egg

"... The idiot you voted into office has created more damage to our children and their children than any insurance claim ..."

Which ones and which years??? Pick a guy, any guy.

June 13, 2010 at 10:38 a.m.

egg

Price, terms, service, product.

I will seek lower prices every time, too, but they don't always indicate a good buy.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting Group - Banner - Master Roofing Estimating
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
EVERROOF - Clemson Giveaway 2 - Sidebar