User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Conflicts between science and religion

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

CIAK Said: , spirit is looking for the why is this . Science is trying to figure out the how it all goes together .

I'm just practicing my Master Moron status ( that Mr Moron to the knaves) trying to have a little fun and still keep it serious.

November 5, 2009 at 8:00 a.m.

kage

Ciak-science does answer wordly questions,but it DOES not answer Spiritual questions..

November 5, 2009 at 7:41 a.m.

kage

Copperman-Thats called surrender and standing in are believes,fight the good fight,endurance.Also He said we would do greater things. Rosary beads are just that...beads... Ciak-??

November 5, 2009 at 7:33 a.m.

CIAK

We should be careful. In all respect . This is what it looks and sounds like when brought to you with spiritual brow beating Think about the technology to communicate this way ??? Sciense a great tool for religion . It is all around . Every and any time you pick up or do anything Science answers the how .

November 5, 2009 at 7:29 a.m.

CIAK

Dum de dum , Oh yeah the roll of a servant . A very important message for all.

November 5, 2009 at 6:50 a.m.

copperman

Kage what about these verses. This is a command to all Christians. If fact to even be considered a christian one needs to be a foot step follower of Christ and do the work he did. He also know that would cause people to hate you, just as they hated him. "A slave is not greater then the master". Think about that the next time "someone knocks on your door".ACTS 20:18 When they got to him he said to them: “YOU well know how from the first day that I stepped into the [district of] Asia I was with you the whole time, 19 slaving for the Lord with the greatest lowliness of mind and tears and trials that befell me by the plots of the Jews; 20 while I did not hold back from telling YOU any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching YOU publicly and from house to house. 21 But I thoroughly bore witness both to Jews and to Greeks about repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus. 22 And now, look! bound in the spirit, I am journeying to Jerusalem, although not knowing the things that will happen to me in it, 23 except that from city to city the holy spirit repeatedly bears witness to me as it says that bonds and tribulations are waiting for me. 24 Nevertheless, I do not make my soul of any account as dear to me, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received of the Lord Jesus, to bear thorough witness to the good news of the undeserved kindness of God. 25 “And now, look! I know that all of YOU among whom I went preaching the kingdom will see my face no more. 26 Hence I call YOU to witness this very day that I am clean from the blood of all men, 27 for I have not held back from telling YOU all the counsel of God.

MATT. 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

November 5, 2009 at 12:24 a.m.

egg

Quite so ... or merely a strong believer capable of serious momentary lapses, which abusers are famous for. After all, they have extraordinary heart and an inability to manage it without distortion. It is for this reason that some people have Rosary beads always near at hand.

November 4, 2009 at 9:58 p.m.

kage

the urge to proselytize is always strong

being honest on what i've learnt so far,converting ya aint my business thats Gods..

but it only involves help with specific abuses and it has been proven that religion alone is not enough to straighten out a person's life in the long-haul.

This would be a religion without Christ..

November 4, 2009 at 10:10 a.m.

egg

Mike and Jed, you give me too much credit. With my ringside seat, I am in a better position than you to observe the workings of my mind and I assure you that if I have any exceptional strength at all it is not my IQ but my range of motion. We each have our own special array of gifts. I put myself above nobody. When all is said and done, whatever gifts we have and whatever accomplishments we achieve are truly no more than a reflection of something a single individual has no hope to control or take credit for.

Ciak's last post was quite to this point.

As to kage's escalating urgent verbal certainty I feel the need to say this: I have little doubt that his life is being illuminated by a Living God and of course being human, the urge to proselytize is always strong, but it is a serious and dangerous mistake to overstep your own relationship to God in pursuit of meddling with someone else's. As a woman named Byron Katie succinctly puts it...there are only three things in life, your business, my business, and God's business. When a person focuses on my business it is a political matter, not a spiritual one. You can't take care of your business when you are dealing with mine. AA enjoins service in order to help the server, but it only involves help with specific abuses and it has been proven that religion alone is not enough to straighten out a person's life in the long-haul. You can share, but when you become strident, it transforms humility into nothing more than an empty cipher.

November 4, 2009 at 9:36 a.m.

CIAK

On a lighter side .......... Did spoons evolve into forks ??? :laugh: :laugh: My Christian brothers are taught the doctrine of St Augustine, who died AD430, if there appears to be a conflict between demonstrated empirical or solid knowledge or a literal reading of the bible then the scriptures should be interpreted metaphorically. It was the same when the earth was considered the center of the universe and interpreting the Bible to fit that idea was chopped up and rolled over and regurgitated to reflect it . The church was wrong . Science was correct . I believe the bible is a dynamic book constant in it message that it can never be fully understood and should be interpreted for each generation collectively ... Science is a very good tool in this pursuit . Religious , Science fundamentalism tries to cast their long dark , dark ominous shadows over the minds of men who say and think different . Fundamentalism is a Trojan Horse driven by and filled with fear . IMO

November 3, 2009 at 11:28 p.m.

kage

Often we hear people say, "I'm on a spiritual journey. I am trying to find the truth. I am trying to find the light. I am trying to find God. I'm searching for God." Yet the Bible says that no one is really searching for God.

You would think that with all the religious belief systems in the world, this could simply not be. Yet God plainly declares in His Word, "If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me" (Jeremiah 29:13).

Let me be blunt: If you are seeking God, then you will find your way to Jesus Christ. And if you don't find your way to Jesus Christ, then you are not seeking God.

You might be playing religious games. You might be dabbling with various belief systems. But the true seeker will find the true God, and those who claim to be true seekers yet reject Jesus Christ are not being honest with God or with themselves.

Religion is humanity's search for God. But Christianity is God's search for humanity.

I have heard people say, "I found the Lord 10 years ago," as though God had been lost. But God wasn't lost; we were. God is seeking to save us, and if we really want to know Him, then we will find Him.

People do not come to Jesus Christ because they bristle at the thought of being sinful. They are unwilling to accept God's assessment of them. They are unwilling to acknowledge their guilt. That just bothers them.

Instead, they want to believe they can get to heaven by their own merit, by their goodness, and by their own deeds. But the Bible says that simply isn't so.

November 3, 2009 at 7:47 p.m.

copperman

Woody That's exactly what the Bible teaches “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.”—Matt. 7:13, 14.

21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness.

Not all religions are correct as Jesus taught in the bible. Everybody is not ending up in the same place no matter what they believe. That's what the bible teaches. Not my words. But I do Believe them.

November 3, 2009 at 6:58 p.m.

wywoody

With all the major religions having fragmented into multiple spinoffs, plus all the smaller religions each claiming they are correct, there's one thing for sure. Unless God is all accepting, at the gates of heaven, the vast majority of people will be smacking their palm to their forehead saying "Holy sh*t, it was those guys."

November 3, 2009 at 6:38 p.m.

tinner666

"After some investigation . I found what was the main stream world wide idea before the scientific revolution . It was authored by Aristotle called the Great Chain of Being . The argument for no God I don't know how long that concept has been in existent . May be some good atheist could shed some light on it . Give it a try and don't run away when and if challenged . It could be educational if kept on a level of information God vs atheist ."

OK. I don't believe anybody 'up and made' man. The 10 commandments are a great idea. Treat me the way you want to be treated. Do unto others, etc.

There are things beyond the belief of many. I have seen things not seen by many others. Supernatural, yeah. I have seen what I fully believe to be an UFO. It helps in my belief that the AF jets chasing it were left in the dust. So, I believe. I have seen a ghost or two. One 'resides' not far from where I now live. After taking others to the place and having them experience that, they also believe. Spooky and real eerie stuff. Temp drop and all. Awesome.

I believe other planets have populations of some form or other. We haven't explored any other galaxy yet, of the millions out there. We'll see. Do you wonder what we'll find when we get to the edge? A wall? If so, what lies beyond? Another room like we now live in like motes of dust? What's down the hall after that?

Religions are a form of opinion, just like my non believer opinion. Opinions are hard to change. But nothing to fight over. With words or swords. Debate? Sure.

We should all just live together.

Consider lifestyles like religions. Just as varied. Drive down a street and see how others keep their homes of yards. Just because somebody doesn't conform to our ideals, doesn't mean we should make them our enemies. Religious beliefs sure can create some strife and violence. Totally uncalled for, I believe.

Whew! A lot of disjointed words from me! :unsure:

November 3, 2009 at 5:21 p.m.

CIAK

Some of the resistance to the idea there is a God is based in a very real and damn scary eye opening wake the @#*&% UP Event.... 2001the terrorist attacks .It transformed a fundamental harmless curiosity of religion and GOD into a "lethal and very , very dangerous curiosity". Before that GOD and fundamentalism were viewed as a little weird humours and some what harmless .Religion GOD had a veil that protected them from normal criticism. The gloves are off . I think the whole discussion is about that at this point . It will get past this if we are patience and allow the jabs and pokes to run off us like water off a ducks back . I think we understand that religion and science are very much in harmony and in tune with each other .

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS Roof Hub - Banner Ad - Spring 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)