User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Conflicts between science and religion

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

Perhaps a brave non believer will step up ??? " i dunno " time will tell. I adamantly disagree with you . No solid standing ground ?? Lifetimes are spend studying and investigation by scientific non believers . kage don't be so quick to judgement . You might want to take a look at your own blind sides . We all have them . There is room for dialogue on both sides . Real science has taken the punch out of the church view of our place in this universe on a lot of fronts . It is threatening to not have the only and final say about matters . Starting with or before Copernicus and many many church held beliefs of the world and vast amazing universe . Have fallen to the truth of believer and non believers science . Discovery . Way cool.

November 14, 2009 at 9:49 a.m.

kage

Heres something i read today from behind the curtain-

Many people today have essentially believed a watered-down gospel that delete-s the message of repentance. They believe in an all-caring, nonjudgmental God who requires no repentance or a change in their lifestyle. They will say things like, "I believe in Jesus Christ, but my God is not judgmental. My God would never send a person to hell. But I am a Christian."

Yet they cannot have it both ways. They can't make it up as they go.

There are many people, even in the church, who hold to a watered-down belief. This diluted gospel may be the most dangerous plague the church is facing today, because it gives a sense of false assurance to the person who believes it.

The Bible speaks of false prophets who give false assurance. In Jeremiah 6:14, God says, "They have also healed the hurt of My people slightly, saying, 'Peace, peace!' when there is no peace."

It would be like going to the doctor when you are having a heart attack, and having the doctor tell you, "Oh, you are fine. You are being so dramatic! You will be OK."

There are ministers today who say, "God loves you and everything is fine. You can do whatever you want and live however you want to live. Let's just love one another and have a great time."

But that is a false gospel. Yes, God loves us. Yes, God receives any person who comes to Him. But He asks us to repent. He asks us to turn from our sins. If we are not willing to do so, then we are not experiencing biblical faith. And thus, we are not going to receive what the Bible describes as genuine salvation.

November 14, 2009 at 9:37 a.m.

kage

Atheist apologetics?? You really think there IS one,if there is it would never be the same,I think all they got is empty fingure pointing,its all i hear usually between my guys at work,Blaming everything on something else..no solid standing ground..

November 14, 2009 at 9:17 a.m.

CIAK

Mike Christian apologetics aims to present a rational basis for the Christian faith, defend the faith against objections, and expose the perceived flaws of other world views.Part of the reason I would like this topic to continue . What I have not heard from atheist other than empty finger pointing is the Atheist apologetics . If we want to learn from each other it will not be accomplished hiding behind a curtain on either side . That has been my point to kage and others .

November 13, 2009 at 4:30 p.m.

Mike H

FRANK TIPLER, MATHEMATICIAN & PHYSICIST When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics. (Frank Tipler, The Physics of Immortality, Doubleday, New York, 1994, Preface)

More of the same from real and serious scientists that are acknowledging that conventional wisdom just doesn't seem to add up. A conclusion I also reached in my chemistry studies.

http://viacrucis.blogsome.com/category/quotes/

November 13, 2009 at 3:36 p.m.

CIAK

Science is on the march . Sometimes it looks like way back in the day when time wasn't like is today of Copernicus . This is incredibly exciting news . http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_sc/us_sci_shoot_the_moon;_ylt=AjX6bUbR9mM27e47C23zHu_gtY54

November 13, 2009 at 9:04 a.m.

CIAK

Dialogue is the goal . Understanding , listening and communicating the vehicle . Removing our ego's ( flesh ) . It is a challenge for every human I have ever dealt with especially myself . To answer your question CIAK Said: As a believer the notion of God becomes a challenge for me . In the sense I struggle to see He exist . To get myself out of the way listen with that inner voice . My trauma's have a way of making a lot of noise and distract me from seeing God and hearing Him . Maybe not so with you . " i dunno " B) ;) :unsure: :) :) B)

November 13, 2009 at 8:44 a.m.

kage

I'm not attempting to proselytize you or anybody else,its YOUR choice,you say you are a believer,well why you f'n around with all these crazy believes that non-believers believe,and NO i'm not a end-times christian,i'm day by day otherwise how would The Father use me...?and hijackin the thread...have you read some of the questions??

November 13, 2009 at 6:21 a.m.

CIAK

You know kage I guess I misunderstood you . You are attempting proselytize me or anyone that may be in eyesight of this thread . That wasn't the purpose of the thread . High jacking a topic . I'm guilty of the same type of behaviors . I just don't want the topic to run that way . Would you define yourself as a eschatological christian ??

November 12, 2009 at 5:11 p.m.

CIAK

The Milky Way awesome..........................................................http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/04/article-1225129-0713EA460

November 11, 2009 at 10:10 p.m.

kage

No He doesnt worry,but He does care. ;)

November 11, 2009 at 9:57 p.m.

tinner666

Don't worry Ciak. He doesn't. :laugh:

November 11, 2009 at 1:03 p.m.

kage

CIAK Said: As a believer the notion of God becomes a challenge for me . In the sense I struggle to see He exist .

I was trying to answer this ?, if ya dont see that weell...i dunno..maybe reread my post..

November 11, 2009 at 12:25 p.m.

CIAK

Are you asking me about the contrast between "transcendental" and the "comparative" theories of salvation ? What the clarifying or useful distinctions are in an effort to understand the origins or relationships to me ? I'm not sure I understand the questions you asked me or if it was a question . Am I seeing a bit of manipulation to steer the subject ? No offence . What are you asking me ??

November 11, 2009 at 9:17 a.m.

kage

Ciak this is were you need faith,if you are a believer but have seen no evidence of The Father,you need to go to your prayer closet and stay there until you get an answer.And who says we dont have to pay attention to problems in life?The difference is for believers is we can do it thru Christ who gives us the peace,strengh,and courage to get thru it,

The law reveals the mind of God, The prophets too made clear His will; But Christ alone brings life and peace, His words our deepest needs fulfill-D de Hann

What understanding do you have of the salvation of your soul? The work of salvation means that in your real life things are dramatically changed. You no longer look at things in the same way. Your desires are new and the old things have lost their power to attract you. One of the tests for determining if the work of salvation in your life is genuine is— has God changed the things that really matter to you? If you still yearn for the old things, it is absurd to talk about being born from above— you are deceiving yourself. If you are born again, the Spirit of God makes the change very evident in your real life and thought. And when a crisis comes, you are the most amazed person on earth at the wonderful difference there is in you. There is no possibility of imagining that you did it. It is this complete and amazing change that is the very evidence that you are saved.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad