User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Conflicts between science and religion

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

kage

Matthew 28:19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

November 15, 2009 at 7:29 p.m.

seen-it-all

kage said Egg any believer in Christ has the authority to baptize in the Father Holy Spirit and the Son,that is scriture that is part of the commission.

Why didn't any of the Apostals baptize anyone this way? Any place in the Book of Acts they all baptised in Jesus name.

November 15, 2009 at 6:59 p.m.

kage

dennis Said: Kage, not much of an answer,but no offense taken. I understand where you are coming from. Just go easy on the scripture. Try using your own words. That cut and paste scripture stuff really turns people off.

satans mission is to blind us from anything of God,satan HATES us with a passion,so if ya have no need or care about God that is a lie from satan,why would God go against Himself,He does not want anybody to perish but He also will not force us,Dennis I was not trying to offend you,I just pray that you and everybody else will see who God really is and how much He loves us,dont judge God by mans actions,meet Him personally and see for yourself how MUCH He loves us.

November 15, 2009 at 6:38 p.m.

kage

There was a dig somewhere in Egypt and they found a rubber boot and guess what else according to there tests that they do it was the same age as the old artifacts...go figure

November 15, 2009 at 6:09 p.m.

CIAK

To follow up on eggs historical reply , before the Jews the Aryans are now considered by science and historians to have lived near or the not ice covered North Pole and the oldest tribe or cultured known to this time . This is a part of their scripture passed down before the Jews of old. With smiliar stories until written. There's an incredible thread here mentioned about a "Golden Age" of humankind..when humans were so close to their Creator they didn't need writing or speech or tools to sustain themselves..and then the Zoroastrian story......... God and humans relationship to Him go father back than most have been taught .

November 15, 2009 at 5:33 p.m.

kage

If ya really understand why Jesus went to the cross for us alls you can do is Praise Him,thats all you want to do and also, There IS no Good News if ya dont preach it.

November 15, 2009 at 5:28 p.m.

kage

Egg any believer in Christ has the authority to baptize in the Father Holy Spirit and the Son,that is scriture that is part of the commission.

November 15, 2009 at 3:09 p.m.

dennis

Kage, not much of an answer,but no offense taken. I understand where you are coming from. Just go easy on the scripture. Try using your own words. That cut and paste scripture stuff really turns people off.

Egg, Do you ever listen to RadioLab. I think its WNYC. I heard a good story recently about baboons, a transgender mayor in Oregon, domestication of foxes and the possibility that someday man may be a little less "aggressive".

Ciak, I agree, won't read that scripture c&p.

November 15, 2009 at 2:14 p.m.

copperman

Fair enough Ezekiel 33:6 “‘Now as regards the watchman, in case he sees the sword coming and he actually does not blow the horn and the people itself gets no warning at all and a sword comes and takes away from them soul, for its own error it itself must be taken away, but its blood I shall ask back from the hand of the watchman himself.’ 7 “Now as regards you, O son of man, a watchman is what I have made you to the house of Israel, and at my mouth you must hear [the] word and give them warning from me. 8 When I say to someone wicked, ‘O wicked one, you will positively die!’ but you actually do not speak out to warn the wicked one from his way, he himself as a wicked one will die in his own error, but his blood I shall ask back at your own hand. Acts 20:26 Hence I call YOU to witness this very day that I am clean from the blood of all men, 27 for I have not held back from telling YOU all the counsel of God.

November 15, 2009 at 1:05 p.m.

egg

"And Jesus approached and spoke to them" So which of these eleven was Kage? This gives Kage authority to baptize Dennis or to presume knowledge through some simple powers of "deduction" (that the absence of something proves the existence of another) that he is in tacit consort with the devil ?

Less than four hundred years ago England was a police state with a binding national religion. This religion changed four times in twelve years. It is estimated that over seventy thousand people were executed during the reign of Henry VIII alone. Shakespeare's cousin was hung, drawn, and quartered merely for ministering privately to the Catholic faithful . Others were executed for refusing to renounce their new faith that offered no allegiance to the Pope in Rome. All of these people believed in the same God, the same Jesus, the same Bible, and the same Holy Spirit. This, then, is the epitome of a house divided against itself. Can anyone spell 'demon?'

The simple statement, offered in response to a direct question from an interrogator that "I do not believe" is neither speaking against the Holy Spirit nor the Son of Man nor is it proof either de facto or direct of any spell cast by any man, God, demon, or entity of any kind whatsoever.

We are never more than a sliding glass door away from bloodletting and I will restate it now...if you wish to sing God's praise then be my guest, but there is NO authority given to unleash this other argument.

November 15, 2009 at 9:02 a.m.

kage

BIBLE=Basic-Instructions-Before-Leaving-Earth Yes i read it all,example-the 2 verses above was an attempt to answer Egg on his previous post about "authorization"and we do have "freewill"none of these verses are enforced,it is your choice to follow or not,i mean 10yrs ago i would have been the last person to follow them,i mean hell i use to use bible paper to roll smokes and other smokables in the joint,but when i accepted Him into my life,i dunno He changed something in me and now i just want to share this FREE gift from God,it is for everybody,but i'll be blunt,you wont know until you try..and yes i am a beginner at preachin the Word but its something you just know that you know.And just for your info Ciak,I am not hideing behind scripture..it IS the basis of my believes so yea i'm gonna go to it once in awhile..

November 15, 2009 at 8:32 a.m.

CIAK

Ok guys , I need to ask , please , please answer this honestly if it is possible . How many of you when you read this actually finish the scripture . For me I almost roll my eyes in the back of my head and glaze over . It as if the Pharisees and Sadducee's are attempting to trick us in their legalize . Solo Scripture's understand what I'm saying . Where did freewill go ?? Please if you must let God speak to peoples heart . That small still voice in side most humans not this bantering of I know scripture . Please stop it . Speak from who you are . Hunkering down behind the wall of scripture ? If you want to speak to be understood talk from yourself .

November 15, 2009 at 7:36 a.m.

kage

1Peter 5:8-9 "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings."

James 4:7.."Resist the "father of lies" and he will flee from you",Thru Christ,these are just a couple verses for the Authorization,we need to be watchful and speak up otherwise how do ppl know..

November 15, 2009 at 7:00 a.m.

copperman

Mat.28:18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” For those who have studied the Bible(and I mean deeply, not just attend church on sunday)Know God real. The fulfillment of prophecy's foretold hundred's of years in advance gives evidence of divine origin. The bible told of many scientific facts that were scoffed at but latter proven true by science, so how did the bible writer know without divine inspiration. For hundreds of years man thought the earth was flat and being held up by a turtle, but the bible told us thousands of years before it was round and hung upon nothing Job 26:7He is stretching out the north over the empty place, Hanging the earth upon nothing; In the eighth century B.C.E., when the prevailing view was that the earth was flat, centuries before Greek philosophers theorized that the earth likely was spherical, and thousands of years before humans saw the earth as a globe from space, the Hebrew prophet Isaiah stated with remarkable simplicity: “There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth.” (Isaiah 40:22) The Hebrew word chugh, here translated “circle,” may also be rendered “sphere.”3 Other Bible translations read, “the globe of the earth” (Douay Version) and “the round earth.”—Moffatt. The Bible writer Isaiah avoided the common myths about the earth. Instead, he penned a statement that was not threatened by the advances of scientific discovery.

November 14, 2009 at 9:25 p.m.

kage

You mean i should water it down Egg?? I'll say one thing,it aint God telling him that he doesnt need Him.

"You are not authorized to be the instrument of fire. So don't go there."

Who says this Egg?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WTI - Banner Ad - Apprentice Podcast 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements