User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Conflicts between science and religion

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Pot Gregory

CIAK: [ RE: Conflicts between science and religion ] , Thursday, October 29, 2009 @ 5:48 PM I am a : Roofer This Holy Spirit you talk of was it here before Jesus ? I think of it as a conscious , directing guiding us toward the person we are meant to be , If we have not closed our minds to it . If it was left here for a guide what was the guide before ? I'm not buying the idea it wasn't part of the human experience before Jesus .

The Holy Spirit has been around as long as God and Jesus, at least according to the Scriptures. His job became very prominent after Christ left, even tho he has been here all along. Before the days of John the Baptist, God spoke to the prophets himself, Jesus did also in an incarnate state and sence. And maybe not as much a guide as a reprover and teacher, which does maybe speak to the conscience. I see the Holy Spirit as the ultimate messenger boy of God.

October 29, 2009 at 6:21 p.m.

kage

Ciak,the only way i can say it,is when i came to believe He just opened my mind to it and its something you just know that you know,God says it which i believe and The Holy Spirit,Jesus,and The Father are one..a trinity,sorta like the sun is a trinity,the sun is The Father,the light from the sun is Jesus and the warmth is The Holy Spirit so there was no who was here first...

October 29, 2009 at 5:48 p.m.

CIAK

This Holy Spirit you talk of was it here before Jesus ? I think of it as a conscious , directing guiding us toward the person we are meant to be , If we have not closed our minds to it . If it was left here for a guide what was the guide before ? I'm not buying the idea it wasn't part of the human experience before Jesus .

October 29, 2009 at 5:24 p.m.

Pot Gregory

.........." How do you come about your self assured conviction you are right about understanding " I want to emphasize I'm not being confrontational just curious . If you can put it in your words without using the scripture to say it for you might be easier to understand . Just plain ole roofer speak if you know what I mean .

When Jesus left, he said he wood not leave us without spiritual help and guidance. He told of a Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, that wood be sent of the Father, that wood teach and bring things to OUR remembrance. The OUR, being people who have been born again, or saved, as we sometimes say it.

I don't know about kage......but i kan relate to this.

October 29, 2009 at 4:59 p.m.

Pot Gregory

Jed.....lol, and I mean it in a nice way if there is one. One day you will understand some of the religous community, I just hope you dont wait to long.

Hay chuck , I'm not attempting to answer for kage, but I want to give you my take about what , I think you are asking.

Most of your modern day religions, claim to be religions of faith, well faith is fine, if you have something inside of you to back it up, or that agrees with the faith. If one doesn’t have the Holy Spirit inside them, then their faith is just something they have concocted up to make them feel good about their particular system of beliefs. If they have no Sprit inside , then they have no actual contact with God, only that which they have been taught, (by religious men or women)to believe as the correct way to be a Christian., ie, the man made way, leaving the Holy Spirit out of the matter altogether. This being said and done, and man being the sinful creature that he is, occasionally gives over to his own lusts, and has no real help of guidance from the Holy Spirit via God the Father. What are some of mans vices, power?, greed?, yes , just to mention a few. Some want to be followed, some want to be rich , well beyond what is necessary. These men or women, IMO, are the reason you see unfriendly splits in beliefs.

Am I getting warm yet?

October 29, 2009 at 4:20 p.m.

CIAK

Did you avoid answering the second part of my question ? I'll repeat it here .........." How do you come about your self assured conviction you are right about understanding " I want to emphasize I'm not being confrontational just curious . If you can put it in your words without using the scripture to say it for you might be easier to understand . Just plain ole roofer speak if you know what I mean .

October 29, 2009 at 3:43 p.m.

kage

Flesh- Doing things on are own,keeping God out,our own steam,no help from The Lord,depending on ourselfs not the Lord..in the bible Jesus says "Give me ALL your burdens",He means all of them small or big...

Jed, then you must be narrow minded in the oppisite way..eh??

October 29, 2009 at 2:59 p.m.

Jed

kage Said: Ciak,one word...flesh

Two words. Narrow mind.

October 29, 2009 at 11:51 a.m.

CIAK

So you are saying it is the flesh that plugs the ears ? Can you expalin flesh ??

October 29, 2009 at 11:17 a.m.

kage

Ciak,one word...flesh

October 29, 2009 at 11:02 a.m.

CIAK

kage Obviously you are a fundamentalist . Solo Scriptura . I ask you this question not to be confrontational . I ask it sincerely . Is there understanding with in the written works of the Bible . Which if I understand you correctly you are quoting . If so , why are there so many splits and infighting within the confines of the people who claim to have the only understanding ?? How do you come about your self assured conviction you are right about understanding . It happens within the scientist community where there is blind understanding . Even in the face of legitimate questions .

October 29, 2009 at 9:16 a.m.

kage

If ya want some understanding on how ya can understand read : Colossians 1-3...when you truly accept Him He gives ya understanding..

October 29, 2009 at 7:24 a.m.

Pot Gregory

There was a statement made earlier about God having humor. Look at the platypus, I think found in Australia? Deffinate proof of God's humorus side..... ;)

October 29, 2009 at 6:37 a.m.

Pot Gregory

CIAK: [ RE: Conflicts between science and religion ] , Wednesday, October 28, 2009 @ 1:37 PM I am a : Roofer No conflict here ......... Click Here To Go To URL Awesome, " a picture is worth a thousnad words ." I don't know who said this for those who are keeping score .

Our God is an awsome artist , aint he?

October 29, 2009 at 6:34 a.m.

Pot Gregory

Yo lanny..well said. I had forgotten about the agenda factor, and it goes in both directions....always ABOUT MONEY, AND/OR POWER!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Construction Solutions - Banner Ad - Where do you like to get your training from manufacturers?
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2