User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Conflicts between science and religion

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

kage

1 john 2:15,do not love the world should not be read as an utter rejection of the world,for "God....loved the world" (john3:16),Rather,John warns against DEVOTION to a world system that is opposed God.

October 31, 2009 at 6:10 p.m.

copperman

MODERN-DAY religion is, for the most part, very much a part of the world, so it shares in the world’s celebrations and reflects its nationalistic spirit. Its clergy often acknowledge that fact, and many of them like it that way. In sharp contrast, Jesus said of his true followers: “They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.”—John 17:16. To be no part of the world, they had to be no part of religious systems that were deeply involved in the affairs of the world and that had absorbed doctrines and customs from ancient Babylon, the longtime enemy of true worship.Today known as Babylon the Great SEE REVELATION 18 After these things I saw another angel descending from heaven, with great authority; and the earth was lighted up from his glory. 2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a lurking place of every unclean exhalation and a lurking place of every unclean and hated bird! 3 For because of the wine of the anger of her fornication all the nations have fallen [victim], and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the traveling merchants of the earth became rich due to the power of her shameless luxury.” 4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind.

October 31, 2009 at 5:40 p.m.

kage

Yes we do screw up but thats were Gods Mercy,Grace and Forgiveness comes into play annd thats why He sent His only son and when we screw up and are truly repentant we are forgivin,God does not love us any less or more because we screw up or because were real good,and walkin the walk is between you and Him but you need to make sure it is in line with His word,and also He did not say keep away from all the evil in the world He said not to worship it or put it before Him,if we keep away how would ya witness?

October 31, 2009 at 3:57 p.m.

copperman

What is the walk? There my friend is where most people fail. Jesus while on earth, gave instructions as how we are to walk and what we are to DO. One was to keep away from pagan religion and false god's. Is your worship free from contamination of false religion? If you or your kids are out for Halloween tonight, your worship is contaminated. Most religions do teach that a person should not lie or steal, and so forth. But is that sufficient? Consider this,Would you be happy to drink a glass of poisoned water because someone assured you that most of what you were getting was water? 2 Cor. 11:14, 15: “Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness.” Here we are cautioned that not everything that originates with Satan may appear hideous. One of his chief methods of deceiving mankind has been false religion of all kinds, to some of which he gives a righteous appearance.

October 31, 2009 at 2:54 p.m.

kage

And when you accept Him as your Lord and Saviour and walk the walk He created you to walk you ARE doing His will..

October 31, 2009 at 2:47 p.m.

kage

It starts with believe and when you follow Him He does the rest..

October 31, 2009 at 12:29 p.m.

copperman

O Kage don't you mean 3 1John 2:17 ...He that does the will of God remains forever. To remain in God's love requires more then believing. Evan the Demons believe. James 2:18-23. Faith without works means nothing to God AS the Bible teaches.

October 31, 2009 at 9:13 a.m.

kage

CIAK Said: Morality in a human being is what in my eyes is what God requires of us . To have science or religion say they have the only answer is arrogant.

There is really only 2 things the Lord requires of ya 1)Love the Lord with all your heart soul and mind 2)Love your nieghbor as yourself.

The answer your looking for can only be acomplished the day you accept Him into your life as your Lord and Saviour and i know that from experience,but hey,if i'm wrong whats it gonna hurt ya,,,but if its true :S

October 31, 2009 at 8:56 a.m.

CIAK

Morality in a human being is what in my eyes is what God requires of us . To have science or religion say they have the only answer is arrogant.

October 30, 2009 at 7:55 p.m.

kage

You cant explain God the way your askin Ciak,it is a personal experience WHEN you accept Him as your Lord and Saviour and walk the walk He created you to walk, He opens your eyes,mind,and soul and heart to His ways,believe me i've been around the block,i use to be one of those guys if i found out you were a believer i would ride ya like no other,i hated it, but when i accepted Him He gave me understanding,enough for each day and the more you follow Him the more things just happen,you know that you know that you know..it wasnt crap..and science..God created it,just dont put it before God..

October 30, 2009 at 5:29 p.m.

CIAK

A case for science http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/3094/how-galileos-spy-glass-upended-science What we now know wasn't brought into existence by religion or what the Church taught as the gospel . Science in it own way has the same exact arrogance as the church . To say We know and that is it phew what a statement .

October 30, 2009 at 4:32 p.m.

tinner666

If today's EKG is any indication, I'll try to report back what I find on my trip there. Maybe I can then shed some light on things for you. :laugh: :laugh:

October 30, 2009 at 3:47 p.m.

Pot Gregory

To me, science and God are coexistant, by this i mean that science proves out there is a God or Divine Being.

October 30, 2009 at 12:48 p.m.

CIAK

I can understand why the frustration of Jed and others when breaching this subject or one like it . A conversation debate barley can move when one liners no explanation other than quoting scripture argumentative combative loaded with conflict . If we can back off and open our ears ( flesh ) and converse . Please . The url I opened up shows science and religion in unison as one . Without sciense you would not be putting roofs on or much of anything else .

October 30, 2009 at 11:22 a.m.

kage

The Holy Spirit is also the power of God..

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Baner Ad - Safety First: Tremco
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June