User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Conflicts between science and religion

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Pot Gregory

These things are tough. You cannot prove "god" to anyone. But to those that have experienced God, you cannot prove otherwise.

You will never convince me there is not a god, for I know God. He knows me, and there is nothing in this world or of this world that can remotely compare.

.....................amen......................and I mite add this also Hebrews 13

2. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

November 2, 2009 at 10:56 a.m.

Mike H

These things are tough. You cannot prove "god" to anyone. But to those that have experienced God, you cannot prove otherwise.

I cannot begin to explain the overwhelming sense of need to turn around and offer a ride to kid (a 20 something "kid") walking along the road the other day? I mean I was going the other direction, had places to go, and there was NOTHING about this kid that looked like he was in trouble, wasn't attempting to hitch a ride, nothing at all unusual................ but this wasn't just a CIAK's "still small voice", no, this was almost a sense of urgency, a NEED to turn around and pick this kid up. Along a busy highway. I turned, about 2 miles up the road from where I passed him. I said to Him "God, OK if this you, I need a break in the traffic. Unbelievably, State Rt. 39, in the heart of Amish country during peak leaf viewing season, virtually cleared behind me. The next car was at least a 1/4 mile back by the time I got to this kid, I rolled down the window, said "You need a ride" and he didn't even hesitate. No fear, no questions, no nothing, he jumped right in and said between heavy breaths "Oh thank you so much. I have walked from Dresden this morning (take a look at Dresden Ohio to Dover Ohio on mapquest).........

The rest of the story is between me and the kid. You will never convince me there is not a god, for I know God. He knows me, and there is nothing in this world or of this world that can remotely compare.

November 2, 2009 at 10:44 a.m.

Mike H

Jed The atheist having the honesty to stand up for his convictions as opposed to the christian who seeks solace in the confines of conformity.

That's the big reason that intelligent conversations between people of divergent spiritual views just can't seem to keep the conversation going. In the end, the "scientist" will come back to the insults. That's a shame. Really, as a guy that was a science major and not normally considered a fool, that's a shame.

BTW, I agree with your last comment to Kage. The "what did I lose if I'm wrong" argument is completely hollow and speaks nothing of a true belief. But it's also quite obvious that Kage's commitment to his belief is not built on that concept.

November 2, 2009 at 10:38 a.m.

Mike H

CIAK Said:
kage Said: Conflicts between science and religion - i see science and religion in this title,im sorry i;m not a scientist,but i am a believer,and the answers your lookin for Ciak can only be answered by askin the Lord yourself,until you do youll be askin till the grave..and as i said earlier dont judge God by mans actions.

kage Im not going to get into a debate with you about my personal relationship with Jesus . The arrogance of fundamentalist . It stinks of judgement pointing the finger etc. Very boring ... I am a believer and have asked and received . This; topic was meant as a debate about religion and science . Not a soap box for a filibuster . A side note ... I have also grown up and know there is a whole life out here. With many avenues to venture . Some take you places that may not fit your current belief . Stretch my brother . Open your ears and eyes .Trust , Life is a journey

Ya know Chuck, in absolutely NO WAY did your post address anything that Kage stated in the quote you were attempting to answer. Nuttin. In fact, it was almost a sarcastic jab (giving you a shred of credit with the "almost") worthy of a total non-believer.

Galatians would be a good place to finish this............................ It's not that long, and speaks pretty darn directly to what you wrote.

November 2, 2009 at 9:04 a.m.

Jed

tinner666 Said: An interesting side note; I go to a church. (Trying to get the wife involved for some reason) Im atheist. The whole congregation knows it. Many try to convert me.

While BSing with the Rev one day, and we were alone, he leaned over and whispered in my ear that I was more Christian than 99% of his believers. He never elaborated on that, but did tell me NOT to change myself in any way. :laugh:

Well said Tinner. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" as they say. I too would trust a self professed atheist before a christian, and not because I am one. The atheist having the honesty to stand up for his convictions as opposed to the christian who seeks solace in the confines of conformity. Simply put, I personally believe that if you do wrong it will come back and bite you. I prefer this as the basis for my own "moral compass" as opposed to commiting sin on the pretext that I will be forgiven because I "believe".

Kage "but hey,if i'm wrong whats it gonna hurt ya,,,but if its true"

Youv'e used this line several times now. Is this the basis of your belief, that you are scared of what will happen if you don't?

November 1, 2009 at 11:58 a.m.

kage

didnt see clip youtube is down or something,but i totally agree with you seen-it-all about most wouldnt know if He is right beside ya,we need to do are part instead of blaming or pointing fingures,but i will not tolerate things that are totally against Gods Word,that is alot of the problems in churches today tolerating things,conforming to the worldly things just to improve there #'s,that is wrong,your either in or out why waste your time,thats the way i look at it...

November 1, 2009 at 11:35 a.m.

seen-it-all

I think what we are seeing today is that as science and religion mix together the result becomes a murky mess where society begins to brand anyone with a strong belief in God as a arrogant fundamentalist. I think that religion has been watered down to the extent that most "christians" wouldn't feel God if he was next to them in a room.

An interesting clip from David Wilkerson author of "The Cross and the Switchblade"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27DIST8qO4I

November 1, 2009 at 11:20 a.m.

kage

are you sayin to be tolerant??because i do live brother,but i WILL stand on my believe on what the Lord is askin of us.

November 1, 2009 at 11:08 a.m.

CIAK

kage Said: Conflicts between science and religion - i see science and religion in this title,im sorry i;m not a scientist,but i am a believer,and the answers your lookin for Ciak can only be answered by askin the Lord yourself,until you do youll be askin till the grave..and as i said earlier dont judge God by mans actions.

kage I'm not going to get into a debate with you about my personal relationship with Jesus . The arrogance of fundamentalist . It stinks of judgement pointing the finger etc. Very boring ... I am a believer and have asked and received . This; topic was meant as a debate about religion and science . Not a soap box for a filibuster . A side note ... I have also grown up and know there is a whole life out here. With many avenues to venture . Some take you places that may not fit your current belief . Stretch my brother . Open your ears and eyes .Trust , Life is a journey

November 1, 2009 at 9:57 a.m.

kage

Conflicts between science and religion - i see science and religion in this title,i'm sorry i;m not a scientist,but i am a believer,and the answers your lookin for Ciak can only be answered by askin the Lord yourself,until you do you'll be askin till the grave..and as i said earlier dont judge God by mans actions.

November 1, 2009 at 9:44 a.m.

CIAK

It is extremely difficult to have a conversation when it is so polarized and directed . I can see why fundamentalist are so difficult to talk with. I know you don't see it and in all likely hood can't hear it . I have JW 's at my door frequently and hear the same fanaticism . I have a Mormon neighbor who over the years of sending the bicyclists to my door. Finally he trust he can talk to me honestly and not from the stand point of his religion . There is a real person behind the curtain of I'm right and I need to teach you what you don't know . Most Humans know what is real until indoctrination. There is a whole science behind it . Example Jim Jones Right wing extremist Muslims etc it is obvious

November 1, 2009 at 9:05 a.m.

kage

Jesus is a friend of sinners,even in His day He hung out with the riff raff of His day instead of the religious folk of His day,and He wants you JUST the way you are!!if He didnt i would have been screwed... :dry:

November 1, 2009 at 8:50 a.m.

tinner666

An interesting side note; I go to a church. (Trying to get the wife involved for some reason) I'm atheist. The whole congregation knows it. Many try to convert me.

While BSing with the Rev one day, and we were alone, he leaned over and whispered in my ear that I was more Christian than 99% of his believers. He never elaborated on that, but did tell me NOT to change myself in any way. :laugh:

October 31, 2009 at 8:40 p.m.

kage

copperman Said: “Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him”? If God himself loved the world, why did the apostle say this?—1 John 2:15.

The apostle is talking about the world system.

October 31, 2009 at 8:25 p.m.

copperman

“Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him”? If God himself loved the world, why did the apostle say this?—1 John 2:15. The Bible shows that God loves the world of mankind simply as humans who are in an imperfect, dying state and in desperate need of help. On the other hand, Satan has organized most of humankind in opposition to God. It is that “world”—human society alienated from God and under Satan’s control—from which true Christians must be separate. (James 1:27) God’s Word warns against loving the wrong desires and deeds of that world: “Everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world. Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever.”—1 John 2:15-17.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS Roof Hub - Banner Ad - Spring 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad