User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Open Your Mind

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

kage

Minn, Your thinking to much,some things in the bible are a mystery and always will be on this side of life,thats where trusting in the Lord is all ya gotta do,He promises He will never leave us or forsake us,just believe what it says in the bible and leave it at that God will do the rest...He promises and He dont lie..

October 21, 2009 at 8:27 a.m.

kage

CIAK Said: If Im hearing jedd correctly His question would be or is this , behind the curtain ? You know , In Oz when toto pulled the curtain back on the Wizard . His responce Dont pay any attention to the man behind the curtain for those keeping score........ If God is omnipresence , all-powerful, the One true loving and compassionate God, why then is there suffering , ignorance, pain , injustice , hate in our world ? How can you answer this question ? i dunno can you ? Is it necessary to answer . I would suppose that given your answer previous , it is something you know the answer to .

There is pain and suffereing because the day Adam took a bite from the apple he gave satan the rite to do what he wants,we are all born sinners and there is consequenses,but the way out is thru Jesus Christ,I mean look at the evil in this world..ya think thats God??..come on,Open your eyes and mind He wants nothing but us to be free from all that,He doesnt want anyone to be condemed,but He also gave us freewill,He doesnt want robots..

October 20, 2009 at 2:51 p.m.

CIAK

If I'm hearing jedd correctly His question would be or is this , behind the curtain ? You know , In Oz when toto pulled the curtain back on the Wizard . His responce " Don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain " for those keeping score........ " If God is omnipresence , all-powerful, the One true loving and compassionate God, why then is there suffering , ignorance, pain , injustice , hate in our world ? How can you answer this question ?" " i dunno " can you ? Is it necessary to answer . I would suppose that given your answer previous , it is something you know the answer to .

October 20, 2009 at 9:07 a.m.

kage

Ya either believe in the bible or not,ya cant have it both ways thats just stupid and wrong,thats what the jehova witnesses did wrote there own,took everything they didnt like out and called it good...stupid.My mind was open to alot of things before i accepted Him into my life,but the day i accepted Him that all changed,and He's proven it over and over..for the good,and its for everyone He has NO favorites.

October 20, 2009 at 8:45 a.m.

Jed

There are those of religious "authority" who believe the book of genesis is a myth. ..............take it for what it's worth and open your mind.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/georgepitcher/100013261/just-because-genesis-is-a-myth-doesnt-mean-its-untrue/

October 20, 2009 at 8:25 a.m.

kage

Minn,read your bible we were created in His image from dirt,He breathed life into us..the women was created from one of our ribs..read the beginning of Genesis..no evolution involved..

October 20, 2009 at 7:31 a.m.

CIAK

minn Practicing my hearing skills trying to hone them as I mentioned in my topic " Basics " Did I hear you say ..... You as well as I and probably most everyone experience a conflict between science and religion . Except for fundamentalists, the rift may not be as serious as it once was . Fundamentalists reject much of the scientific worldview. As for most of the rest of us we retain a belief in God as the source of ultimate meaning and purpose . Science as the means of supplying answer to our everyday problems. I believe science ,religion or a belief in either one of them as simple as you can make it — would provide a meaningful account of our existence. For what it worth

October 19, 2009 at 7:52 p.m.

Mike H

Unabashed sarcasm is often the purest form of hostility. I should know, I can be very good at it.

October 19, 2009 at 2:40 p.m.

Jed

If neither of you'se two has learned when I'm being HOSTILE by now.....yer a lot more stupider than you look. :laugh:

October 19, 2009 at 8:00 a.m.

CIAK

I'm not sure Mike if he means it to be hostile . I started a thread about basic skills . One of my weakness is communication . Including but not limited to understanding what is being said to me as it filters through my filters . My goal is to clean up the filters and hear with my heart and not my angst or frustrations . Changes how I hear the exact things said to me . Interesting . It will be an interesting journey . World with in Worlds .. Stephen Spender " for those keeping score. "

October 18, 2009 at 11:28 p.m.

Mike H

CIAK,

I was really wondering what you were talking about.

Now that I had time, I clicked on Jed's link.

LOL LOL LOL

No need for such hostility and/or attempting to prove my inadequacy with me Jed. I'm first to admit I'm a buffoon. LOL

October 18, 2009 at 5:47 p.m.

CIAK

Another brilliant engineer and scientist ridiculed and spurned etc . Master got his idea from this guy .Tesla demonstrated "the transmission of electrical energy without wires" that depends upon electrical conductivity as early as 1891. The Tesla effect (named in honor of Tesla) is a term for an application of this type of electrical conduction (that is, the movement of energy through space and matter; not just the production of voltage across a conductor ." For those keeping score " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

October 18, 2009 at 11:36 a.m.

CIAK

Mike I believe it mostly Jedds problem. He did author the topic so maybe there might be a smidgen of wiggle room for the argument . I have many times copy and pasted without the intent it was interpreted to be my penn . With the immediate censor of my unintended transgression by an apparent Roman magistrate " the census administrator . " I try now to qualify the copy and paste with a signature line " for those who are keeping score " It such an irritant to Jedd . To bad .... he may have been traumatized early in life " i dunno "

October 18, 2009 at 11:08 a.m.

Mike H

PS: I like your 2+2............. very good.

October 18, 2009 at 11:07 a.m.

Mike H

Egg,

That was a grossly undue accolade. I copied and pasted that from GotQuestions.org weekly e-mail. I was following this thread and received the email, thought it rather appropriate.

Was never my intent for anyone to think I penned it. I know we've had some lengthy black/white/gray discussions here over the years, but I have never put that much effort into a post since my wordiness was lost in the RCS crash. I will always regret putting off for tomorrow my intent to harvest many of the things I wrote here for my kids to read when I thought they were ready, be they personal or business writings.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MetalForming - Banner Ad - Schechtl Free Installation and Training
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar