User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Open Your Mind

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Jed
October 25, 2009 at 5:21 p.m.

egg

That isn't the case, kage. You need to do a little more research on that one. An atheist believes there is no God. Maybe this will help you out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Perhaps you are confusing it with anarchist.

October 25, 2009 at 10:14 a.m.

kage

No such thing as an Atheist,a atheist says he believes in nothing,an atheist has NO believes..

October 24, 2009 at 1:15 p.m.

copperman

I never said an atheist has no morals. The fact that they do proves evolution as false. for what purpose would that serve in survival of the fittest. Remember evolution discards what is not needed. The fact that man has an inherited need to worship is something not seen in any other animal. Most people have lost faith in the bible because of those who you referred to earlier. But if you had first studied the bible without the man made dogma God's purpose would be clearly be seen.

October 24, 2009 at 9:37 a.m.

kage

It is right to listen to new things with openness and eagerness.We are an old wineskin if we are not open to that which is new.However,as eager as we should be for the Lord's new wine,we MUST always take what we hear to the Scriptures to verify it.We are each responsible for establishing the truths that we believe upon for a solid Biblical foundation.Without this,regardless of how accurate what we believe is,the foundation of our faith is weak.Its not just knowing the bible word for word but knowing the Lord of the bible,we are not saved by what we do,we are saved by His GRACE and LOVE for us..

October 24, 2009 at 9:35 a.m.

Jed

Mike. Coppermans quote is a definitive one, identifying christians as having morals and atheist as immoral, oft used and it gets old. A clearly radical statement not unlike the left in the current political theatre playing the race card on anyone who does'nt concur with obama. If it were meant as a generalisation (meaning there are exceptions) then it should have been quantified.

October 24, 2009 at 8:28 a.m.

Pot Gregory

.....and once you become a Born Again Child of God, at that point you are given a knowledge, and a richousness is imputed into your body and mind that helps you better able to understand God and his ways, and his purpose for man on this world. It does require quite a bit of studying and meditation tho, then you just get bits and pieces that help you better to understand.

Have you ever looked up the meaning of the word...see..and applied it to certain scriptures...baloon effect.

John 3 3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Matthew 5 8. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. 16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven

Matthew 7 5. Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Matt. 11 4. Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: 7. And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?

Matt 12 38. Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

Just a smidgeon of where see is used.

October 24, 2009 at 7:51 a.m.

Pot Gregory

That’s Bible M. The Bible was thought out in the counsel halls of Heaven before time(as we know it) was put into motion.

I know it dont agree with the way most people think.(human nature, carnal minded) At least if we are thinking in finite terms, but God is infinite, Omneiscient, Omnipotent. He knew exactly how man wood react to him before he even created him, yet he created him anyways. Strange how or why he wood do this..eh? Nothing about us in our physical state agrees with God, but it did in the beginning with Adam as he was perfect in every way, all that was required of him was to believe God when he told him not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, but at the urging of Eve, he did, which is why we wood need a savior, but that is another story for another time.

And for me this is sort of why I worship and love my Father in Heaven, because, even tho he knew we wood not be what he wanted us to be, he fixed an out for us in Jesus.

October 23, 2009 at 10:57 p.m.

Mike H

Jed Said:
copperman Said: In the end the atheist has nothing, At least a believer has hope,A proven moral compass and if hes correct will get his reward if his worship is acceptable to God.

A proven moral compass?? ROTFLMAO Like Fallwell? Or Tammy Faye Baker? Or the loser that drops his crack pipe, goes to a couple of meetings and enters the twelve step?? Or Jim Jones? Or Ken Lay? Or the myriad of other believers who lie cheat and steal under the cloak of their religious beliefs. ..............Good grief

That reminds me of an article I once read titled "The Hunter's Apologia" and in it he said "... i resent being called a slob, simply because some of those that hunt, in fact, are. Remember the world is full of slobs and few of them happen to hunt."

Being as you're no dummy, I am sure you see the correlation.

Mother Teresa, Billy Graham, Jim Hicks or any multitude of people out there doing great good in the name of God might be more in line with who Copperman was thinking of.

October 23, 2009 at 5:51 p.m.

Pot Gregory

Minn sez: but not a supernatural living god that majicially just created life for his own purpose.

Rev 4 11. Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rom 9 15. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

October 23, 2009 at 4:17 p.m.

kage

He created us for relationship with Him and each other. Why we are here? the crux of it is Mark 16:14-20,and considering the way the world system is i would say He would want us to proclaim the Gospel to everybody before it IS to late...and the beauty of it is not because we have too its because we want too..

October 23, 2009 at 3:13 p.m.

kage

Aint baitin ya..its your choice,just tryin to put some light on the Lord,guess i cant type as good as talkin...

October 23, 2009 at 1:00 p.m.

Pot Gregory

I know there was a lot of stuff said in the other thread that went so long. I just dont remember anything that was discussed about Jesus, himself, as a person that was here, and his teachings, as far as what you thought of him as a person.

I'm assuming you are talkin about Ciak,.....BC?

October 23, 2009 at 12:04 p.m.

Jed

You know my take on jesus PG. We did that dance before. Your buddy from BC is clearly a troll and I need a little more cerebal input than simply being baited so am outta here.

October 23, 2009 at 10:49 a.m.

Pot Gregory

....and in responce to the opening question...I don't think there is anybody out there..at least human, anyways.

October 23, 2009 at 9:49 a.m.

Pot Gregory

Jed, what is your take on Jesus?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June