User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Open Your Mind

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

wywoody

In the summer of 1976 I was moving from Denver to Red Deer, Alberta. Woody Joad with all his belongings piled high into a Chevy Luv truck. Just past Pinedale, Wyo there're gently rolling hills with a mountain range to the East. It's in the middle of the night and I'm the only vehicle on the road. Far in the distance, I see a light. I assume it's an oncoming car with a blown-out headlight or a motorcycle. Since the terrain is rolling I see it briefly, but it never seems to get closer. Finally, I crest a hill and can see that the light isn't on the ground, but in the air. In the time it takes to get out "What th", the light shoots over the mountain range, a distance of at least 5 miles. It left behind no contrails or exhaust, whatever powered it was far superior to anything we have ever dreamed of. Don't know what it was, but it wasn't us.>>>

September 11, 2009 at 1:08 a.m.

egg

But what? what to do what to do As Blake said, "He who moves the Ox to wrath will never be by woman loved." Net/net, the universe is benevolent. If I turn out to be wrong, all y'all are welcome to remind me of it later. "...Of course something is out there...." I like the simplicity of that, Frank. I didn't see the incident, but I believe you.>>>

September 10, 2009 at 10:02 p.m.

tinner666

Of course something is out there. Ever watch the space shuttle hitting 16,000-17,000 miles an hour? Ever see two fighter jets accelerating and breaking the sound barrier? I have seen the launches on TV. The Jets? Yeah. They were in 'pursuit' of a reported UFO over Richmond in '67-68. I watched whatever they were chasing disappear into the night sky, straight up, after amking a course change that looked like a bank shot. No curving turn at all. Just 90+ degree change straight up. The jets at mach2 looked like they were taxiing onto the runway. Think of a Funny Car against a stock VW. Space was attained in mere seconds.>>>

September 10, 2009 at 3:42 p.m.

CIAK

Mike, What is it that drives this universe . What is the engine? Nikola Tesla : “If you know what gravity really is you will find energy at any point in space." There is plenty out there . Now what is energy ? What drives us ? Energy http://gravitydrivenuniverse.org/Gravity-Driven-Universe.pdf The Hubble pic's great stuff.>>>

September 10, 2009 at 11:48 a.m.

kage

Nope!>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Construction Solutions - Banner Ad - Where do you like to get your training from manufacturers?
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all