User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Fire at one of my last rental

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

I stopped by the property went inside and noticed a new stain on the ceiling . E mailed inside adjuster reported what I saw and requested permission to tarp. Got the OK ! I'll have my contractor do it $ 250.00 - $300.00 for tarping. Also mentioned a slight not over powering smell of mildew . Still waiting on the structural engineer. I have been treated up to this point with professionalism and courtesy . I have emailed each and every person who has treated me in this manner with short note thanking them for the good job and a note to pass it on to their supervisors>>>

April 7, 2009 at 12:41 p.m.

CIAK

Thank you Jet , are we becoming friends ? That was one of the nicest things you have said about me. It could be because maybe , you are a Monkey " i dunno " People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and attraction for the opposite sex. They work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions, and are likely to be perfectionists. They are basically thrifty with money. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful. :) ;)>>>

April 7, 2009 at 9:25 a.m.

JET

CIAK Said: It is always wise to remember not to push or corner a rat . Rat people desperately want and need to be understood. Rat people jealously guard their privacy . :laugh: R . ;) :P :laugh: :blush: Chinese calendar

Spoken like a true "rat" :P :P

JET>>>

April 6, 2009 at 4:22 p.m.

CIAK

It is always wise to remember not to push or corner a rat . Rat people desperately want and need to be understood. Rat people jealously guard their privacy . :laugh: R . ;) :P :laugh: :blush: Chinese calendar>>>

April 6, 2009 at 11:54 a.m.

JET

CIAK Said: Well as of Friday there was an arrest and a $50,000 bail set. After further police investigations a $250,0000.00 bail was set and a 1st degree Felony Arson charge. Other than that nothing much. Thanks for asking Jet.

Hope they don't rat 'ya out Chucky :P :P

JET>>>

April 6, 2009 at 11:51 a.m.

Jed

.............thanks for the heads up ciak.......I'm pretty booked up over the next seventeen years..........>>>

April 6, 2009 at 9:14 a.m.

Miscreant

I hope it was a random act.>>>

April 6, 2009 at 7:37 a.m.

CIAK

Yeah, I was up in Burlington WI when THE LOVELY MRS CIAK called me and gave me the good news. When your away I worry about the LOVELY MRS CIAK no matter she has a weapon and is well trained in it's use. Thanks for the concern JED . Jed I'm in Baton Rouge a number of times during the year, I may stop by and say hey sometime.>>>

April 6, 2009 at 6:23 a.m.

Jed

......that sucks.............gettin' arrested on a Friday night.......>>>

April 5, 2009 at 2:23 p.m.

CIAK

Well as of Friday there was an arrest and a $50,000 bail set. After further police investigations a $250,0000.00 bail was set and a 1st degree Felony Arson charge. Other than that nothing much. Thanks for asking Jet.>>>

April 5, 2009 at 12:29 p.m.

JET

How's the arson investigation going?

JET>>>

April 3, 2009 at 10:03 a.m.

CIAK

Just had the recorded statement from the inside adjuster . These guys are very professional and informed me of what the process was , ( even though I already know )The bank will receive funds to disperse while the construction is taking place. A structural engineer will be out to look at the structural damage . This is moving along quite smoothly. I figure I I'll start work in about a month. So far other than being a little nervous about the actual working I am quite happy how this is going. I have been handled very professionally and courteously. I'm proud to be part of this industry. I believe a lot of the disconnect , dissatisfaction mumbling etc biatchin is pride and ignorance most of that can be fixed with education.>>>

March 28, 2009 at 12:28 p.m.

CIAK

Because this is a rental I will be collecting lost rents while the project is in progress. Also as stated in other posts I'm keeping every receipt and keeping track of my time cleaning up the place. The next step in progress is having a contractor estimated the project and turn it into the insurance company. The Siclan are on the phone now wanting to know about the fire story. If only I could post it on here ! First question " Hey do you want me to take careof him ? " Whoa you just can't keep a secret from them guys and they are in Italy.>>>

March 27, 2009 at 10:34 a.m.

CIAK

That was interesting. We went over the site the police reports the investigation . Nice camera. This has been a very interesting experience so far. When I was there I got a call from my storm boss . I'll be heading up to Nashville to pick up the RV and going to Burlington WI for a couple of days. Then to Barrington for a few more back to Nashville. I have another road trip to California mid April and back to Baton Rouge by the end of April or first of May. Back to my rental. Everything has been going like the process was meant to work. I should be hearing from the property side soon.>>>

March 27, 2009 at 9:27 a.m.

JET

CIAK Said: Ok, This morning I have an appointment with the fire investigator with the insurance company, The fire is suspicious in how it started . I was told by my adjusters I would be hearing from the insurance company .

Told 'ya :P :P Get ready for that test Chucky.......you won't even have to study for it ;) ;)

JET>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Johns Manville - TPO- Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
USG - Sidebar - Fire
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad