User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Fire at one of my last rental

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jfreynik

Three F insurance

Failure Fire Finanical success

Just joking :blink:>>>

March 27, 2009 at 8:03 a.m.

CIAK

Ok, This morning I have an appointment with the fire investigator with the insurance company, The fire is suspicious in how it started . I was told by my adjusters I would be hearing from the insurance company .>>>

March 25, 2009 at 2:05 p.m.

CIAK

Ok , now that went very smoothly. The adjuster husband and wife team. They called me to tell me they were going to be approximately half to forty five minutes late due to unexpected time on first claim. Called me fifteen minutes before reaching the property. Very professional and courteous. Spent approximately One hour and half looking over project. Next step , they turn in the claim and the adjustment is made. So far very satisfied with the service. I pointed out some items and they pointed out some to me. All and all I wish I had someone like this team working for me back in the day. The process is working the way it should up to this point with cool heads and courtesy>>>

March 25, 2009 at 9:07 a.m.

CIAK

I'm in anticipation for my noon appointment with the property adjusters. Here's hoping. I'm using this for a teaching tool not only here also with my son who is an outside adjuster with State Farm . They use exactly the same estimating software that Citizens ..Xactimate.>>>

March 24, 2009 at 3:14 p.m.

CIAK

Of course I want to have a hassle free process. This is one of the reasons I feel it so important to keep this going . If I can depart anymore info that is misunderstood the better off everyone is. I thought it was honest to tell everyone in the process .There the chance to perform at an optimum. I don't know what the end result is going to be. I know how the process works. Another thing I did and will continue to do is let everyone in the process that deserve it " Kudos's " both verbal and in writing to each and everyone who can make a difference for me and them. I have already written an email to the first adjuster ( inside ) to let them know that I greatly appreciated their professional and personnel way they handled the claim and me .>>>

March 24, 2009 at 12:45 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

Now, by you mentioning your related field experience to them, which should be a good thing, even if only subliminally, do you feel that you have gained an insiders favoritism, sort of like how a police officer usually will not write up a fellow officer, even if they are from a different local force?

I too, would use every tool I have available to me, to get the quickest and most favorable adjustment as expeditiously as possible. But, a typical home owner does not have that insider courtesy awaiting them, nor do most roofing and other remediation contractors.

Ed>>>

March 24, 2009 at 9:08 a.m.

CIAK

I haven't reached that yet Ed. The adjuster changes are on the inside so no biggie. I thought it very pertinent that I was informed immediately when the change took place , by email. One of the reasons the switch is made inside is the work load of each adjuster and compliance issues. The insurance company is under mandate to contact the insured with in x amount of time after the claim is filed. That is what this is about. Now I will tell you I let the first inside adjuster know I was very familiar with the claims process as an Lic Florida All Lines adjuster. Just to make it fair. I'm really interested in how this will play out. Admittedly I'm a little nervous. Not scared or pizzed . :laugh: :laugh: Just got a call from the field adjuster . Will meet husband and her around noon tommorow.I let them know also about my experence. Here we GO!!!! :woohoo:>>>

March 23, 2009 at 8:29 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

See how many times that you get transfered to another adjuster, who is not familiar with the particulars and the additional time spent on hold or playing phone tag, (Presume you worked in an office and could only make contact in early AM, Lunch Time or after getting done at work), and then see if it starts to raise the hairs on your neck a bit.

Yes, they are always professional and polite, but why does the case get handed down from one party to another so often?

Ed>>>

March 23, 2009 at 2:59 p.m.

CIAK

I have just been transferred to another adjuster no problem>>>

March 23, 2009 at 1:56 p.m.

CIAK

I got a call from Citizen 15 min. ago. Now here is something that most of you might not know. Because of compliance issue most of the time the adjuster coming out to your claim or who you may be dealing with does not own the claim. There is an inside adjuster who does. I was talking with the owner of the claim and they identified themselves as such. Very professional very conversant pleasant. I emailed her pictures of the house and damage. I was told I will be hearing from the outside adjuster by Wed at the latest. Also need to supply Fire report and lease agreement. So far very professional and personnel.>>>

March 23, 2009 at 11:45 a.m.

CIAK

This is an interesting case. I got a call from the Public Adjuster an hour after I filed the claim . Now I personally at this point think this guy is an ambulance chaser. What he neglected to tell me straight up was that if he is hired to take the claim I as the owner of the property have no recourse but to speak through him at that point . No contact with the adjuster or insurance company.>>>

March 23, 2009 at 9:43 a.m.

JET

Wait 'til they ask you to take a polygraph.........let us know the outcome. I'll watch the papers up here. Maybe you'll make the news :ohmy: :ohmy:

JET

>>>

March 23, 2009 at 9:19 a.m.

CIAK

10:15 am got a call back from agent gave me numbers to call in claim. Insurance company made sure I knew that I had to mitigate the damage and keep any receipts to show to the adjuster. Adjuster has till Weds to contact me to stay in compliance.>>>

March 23, 2009 at 8:45 a.m.

CIAK

OK Here I go. Called the insurance office Local agent to file claim. 9;30 am Monday morning . First experience answering machine . Not my favorite . Let see how long it takes to get back. Off to get police report. Then on to my lawyer. I'm also on an alert for the storms kicking up in the Midwest . Interesting>>>

March 22, 2009 at 4:52 p.m.

CIAK

Yeah What you been up to CLW. If your in town give me a call. Funny you know where I live but some one like the mighty whitey JET couldn't . " i dunno " :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MRCA - Banner - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements