User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Conflicts between science and religion

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

Ok can you elaborate on your reply ? One line doesn't make it clear to me . Help me understand .

November 30, 2009 at 9:10 a.m.

kage

CIAK Said: Imagination first of all is noticed mostly in intelligent people We have to be intelligent enough and have imagination to achieve our goals

I think you just answered yourself on which one is more important..

November 30, 2009 at 8:40 a.m.

CIAK

Imagination first of all is noticed mostly in intelligent people We have to be intelligent enough and have imagination to achieve our goals . Be it through the school of hard knocks which is the best teacher or the dumbing down public schools probably the worst . Imagination is the result of our degree of intelligence .

November 30, 2009 at 12:09 a.m.

kage

when ppl in general dont take that first step towards God,He cant do anything...but when you do,He will reveal things to you,He promises and He doesnt lie...

November 29, 2009 at 4:52 p.m.

copperman

What is the relationship between them? Science confirms there is a God. All things in this earth are so complex so interdependent, so perfectly balanced that it gives testimony as to God's wisdom. The fact that man has a need to worship and animals don't shows a designer with a purpose. What throws people off is how man has abused this desire for their own benefit, to have their own following.(Foretold it would happen) If one would just read and study God's guide book without any preconceived doctrine they would learn their is a point to why we all are going through these trials at this time, and that the FIX is in place.

November 29, 2009 at 2:36 p.m.

CIAK

This is another way of stating the conflict between science and religion ( spirit ).....What is the relationship between them?? We all know great artist and artisans including but not limited to our trade or knowledge that are brilliant but grounded in years of hard training . Metaphors are abundant The colossus huge volume of knowledge " the Oxford English Dictionary describes imangineation , forming a mental concept that is not actually present to the senses . The imagination can be used for good and useful things as described earlier or as an escape from reality .

November 29, 2009 at 9:48 a.m.

kage

egg Said: Doing without either knowledge or imagination would be like hopping around on one leg.

Naa,it would be like a one legged cowboy going to a butt kickin contest...

November 28, 2009 at 8:37 p.m.

egg

Doing without either knowledge or imagination would be like hopping around on one leg. You'd definitely want to practice that at home before you undertook any serious expeditions.

p.s. (kage) I was speaking directly to Dennis...don't worry over it.

November 28, 2009 at 8:06 p.m.

CIAK

Well, what I dream is a lot more than what I know . There have been many times I have acted on something I knew very little about .I imagined the end result and acted upon it . I let the knowledge of what I had imagined catch up with me and evolve . Organic . Living with out fear. I brought this point up in my Self Actualization topic.

November 28, 2009 at 6:30 p.m.

kage

CIAK Said: “Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Your imagination is limited to your knowledge as well so how could it be more important??

November 28, 2009 at 5:18 p.m.

CIAK

Religion ( spirit ) and science.... “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” Albert Einstein . I am creative, an artisan . I listen to my imagination . I draw from that deep deep well many times . Knowledge is very limited. Before time had it's place . Long before the veil was lifted . There was a very ancient dichotomy between the forces of what we know and what we dream. We are wonderfully made . I will have to post this in my Self Actualization topic.

November 28, 2009 at 11:25 a.m.

Jed

kage Said: I got that but im still huhing... :blink:
You'll get used to it.

November 28, 2009 at 9:52 a.m.

kage

I got that but i'm still huhing... :blink:

November 28, 2009 at 7:50 a.m.

CIAK

Kage If you read eggs reply with a definition of numinous ... 1. Of or relating to a numen; supernatural. 2. Filled with or characterized by a sense of a supernatural presence: a numinous place. 3. Spiritually elevated; sublime. It may make more sense to you .

November 27, 2009 at 7:37 p.m.

kage

:blink: Huh?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

NRCA - Banner - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder