User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Where have all the posters gone?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

More pictures is the answer. We all know what we do, but none of us know exactly how the other guys do it. Pictures are interesting to me!

December 28, 2009 at 11:05 a.m.

Roofscape

Hi everyone. I decided to leave because the appeal of discussing the same roof topic 100 times got old. Try to post something these days without getting flamed.... impossible. Then all the lost info really stung a bit. Many of us had over 1000 posts and poured our hearts and souls into those posts back in 2003-2006 or so. It just stung a bit. Then I was in the hospital for a long time and blah blah blah. Just not a friendly "roof science" forum like it use to be anymore.

Hope you all are doing well and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

December 28, 2009 at 9:05 a.m.

CIAK

I had free AVG for awhile . They sent a messages after Dec 1 it would not run . I had McAfee on other machines in the house. So I downloaded their programs . I've wondered about the companies writing viruses . Interesting B) ;) ;) B) I'm counting the laptops in my household 4 of them two PC's and 2 flat screens ............ lots of other electronics . Funny how all this stuff creeps up on you. B) :woohoo: :woohoo: B)

December 28, 2009 at 12:23 a.m.

Mike H

Add me to the Lazy/Lefty list. I quit writing volumes after the crash and all the history was lost. Not that I reckon anyone misses it.

December 27, 2009 at 7:02 p.m.

copperman

You guys need to get rid of the pay anti virus crap. Go to www.free avg.com and down load their free version. It works perfect. Son in law is a computer geek and he set me up with that and I have never had a problem since. I will never use Norton or Mccaffee again. My son in law says those company's write the viruses and keep you scared so you keep buying better more expensive programs.

December 27, 2009 at 5:59 p.m.

tinner666

I don't shut down. CC wipes temp and internet temp files. And all cookies.

December 27, 2009 at 5:42 p.m.

CIAK

I had a third grade teacher , for those keeping score I did graduate from third grade B) :laugh: :laugh: B) Who would not let us drink from a fountain or open a class room door or touch anything ( cept maybe ah never mind ) without a kleenex and wipe what ever it was after using it , She died in her early forty's . Just goes to show you . If you shut down every few minutes whoa !!!! I bought a McAfee program and even this site virus hasn't been able to get through . So I can just leave her run . Cool

December 27, 2009 at 5:22 p.m.

tinner666

CIAK Said: Log in the appropriate manner. Dont log out . Your good till you turn the pute off. hmm Seems pretty lame to me. i dunno B) ;) ;) B)

Doesn't work for virus paranoids like me. CC runs every few minutes clearing that stuff out! :laugh:

December 27, 2009 at 2:29 p.m.

CIAK

Log in the appropriate manner. Don't log out . Your good till you turn the pute off. hmm Seems pretty lame to me. " i dunno " B) ;) ;) B)

December 27, 2009 at 1:56 p.m.

Old School

On my computer, all I have to do is click on the name space three times and a list of names comes up below it. I click the correct one and then do the same for the password. Then click on login. It takes about 4 seconds!

December 27, 2009 at 11:51 a.m.

Dr.ROOF

Seriously you guys, it takes 3 seconds to type the first letter of your name and password, as they are stored, and hit the login button. I know yall are busy important guys, so have your secretary do it for you. ;)

I still lurk every day. I just don't have anything to say.

December 27, 2009 at 11:36 a.m.

jcagle9595

Lefty Said: Hi,

I have to log in every time I want to post something. I am not going to do this, unless I really want to say something.

It took me 3 trys to get signed in to post this.

When they change that I am sure participation will go up. At least mine will.

Same here, Lefty. I complained about this several months back and got my arse roasted by the webmaster though.

December 27, 2009 at 7:09 a.m.

copperman

I'm here several time a day, I just don't always post. I would post pictures of work I'm doing but I don't have any :blink: . I will be starting a slate job soon and I want to take pictures everyday of progress. If I don't forget to take the pictures. It will be cold and I'm working alone. Should be interesting. Builder said he would give me a helper to send slate up as I need them. So that should help alot.

December 26, 2009 at 2:19 p.m.

Old School

I didn't post for YEARS because I had a dial up connection and it would take too long. We finally got a cable modem and I can post; but I haven't often enough. I will get the camera and see what I can do. I know I signed up for the picassa site and post my pictures to there and then link it with the coffee shop. That works well for me.

December 26, 2009 at 11:11 a.m.

johnny5

I'm still here too. Just not as frequent a poster as I used to be. I tried to post a pic for a new topic the other day got discouraged and gave up. The picture posts are my favs and there seems to be fewer of these. One reason I like them is it brings out the incredible astuteness(?) of you guys in identifying anomolies and gets me looking also.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23