User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Where have all the posters gone?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

TRG Nice picture by the by. The nails are properly spaced and within the small white lines of the shingles. That takes a bit more time to do, but it is right. You should post that on "what is good enough"

January 20, 2010 at 6:49 a.m.

Jed

Well said the roofing god. Roofguy if I remember right, you got yer ass handed to you a year ago by Builderr over on NRG when he exposed you for what you are by publishing the court dates and fines levied against you for your dodgy dealings, you took off running and nobody has heard from you 'til now "When you dance with the devil, you wait for the song to stop" springs to mind. Before that it was you goin' on about your pilots licence, your extraordinary Chuck Norris kung fu skills, and the guns in your shop, thaty you would not hesitate to use against a likely perp.

Contributing certainly was'nt a strong point of yours so if that has now changed then why don't you put your tail between your legs and contribute.

January 19, 2010 at 6:55 p.m.

Old School

You think I am bitchin? There is just so much love here!

January 19, 2010 at 8:42 a.m.

kage

Well if i knew HOW to put a dang pix on here...i would..(scracthing my head still) :unsure:

January 19, 2010 at 6:43 a.m.

Old School

I am documenting the job we are working on pretty well right now and intend to post a weeks worth of pictures on it at a time. We may have a heck of a lot of picture by the time the job is finished, but everyone will see the progress!

January 18, 2010 at 9:24 p.m.

tinner666

Pix will make things pick up again.

January 18, 2010 at 9:16 p.m.

Old School

BUT Steve! You know we are harmless, so why be afraid to post? Just teasing. I think that if we would all just post pictues of the projects we are working on, that would "say" far more than anything we could write. I find it fasinating to see some of the work that Mike does in NZ. The attention to detail he shows impresses me. We do a lot with slate and tile, and I know I cut my teeth on shingles about 50 years ago.

I DON'T know everything, but I do recognize superior efforts.

I think that more pictures is the answer.

January 18, 2010 at 9:15 p.m.

tinner666

Webmaster Steve Said: I agree

I can see how some new blood would be hesitant about posting after reading some of the topics in here, there a lots of opinions and more than one right way to do things, just because someone doesnt do something your way doesnt make them wrong.

for example the whats good enough topic where it was said that if the manufacturer doesn't require 30# or 6 nails per shingle why do it

when I had my company I did it. I put 30# on every residential roof wether tear-off or go-over (never know it could save a leak if a large tree limb or some other object penitrated the shingles)and I used 6 nails/staples per shingle. Half the time if I had a parcial box of fasteners left over on a job by the time my crews got to the next job something happened to those fasteners any how so why not just give them to the customer they were intented for Its not hurting the roof.

but that doesnt mean you are a bad roofer if you dont do that its just the way I did it.

just my opinion

Yep. Many ways are the right way!

( Many ways are the wrong way! )

January 18, 2010 at 6:03 p.m.

tinner666

I lurk.

January 18, 2010 at 8:08 a.m.

Jed

Roofguy Said:
Robert Said: I still come here call the time but its just not the same anymore.

Pack mentality.

Class envy.

Malcontentedness.

####ing in your own nest.

Self-crowned royalty.

That probably just about covers what happened here.

You'd know about that one wouldn't yer....

January 18, 2010 at 1:19 a.m.

egg

Here, let me rack them up again, Tim. That one didn't break quite right.

January 2, 2010 at 7:55 p.m.

Old School

One day at a time, and one foot in front of the last.

January 2, 2010 at 12:20 p.m.

Roofsrus1

I still check in every couple of days to see the different subjects and the varied opinions on each of them but I just do not have the time like I did before to post on them. Part of it all, is that losing two of the most dear people in my life has left me changed in that I no longer have the great energy and enthusiasm for the roofing business. But since the new year has begun I am back at work now and will have to force myself to do the things that I do not like doing but I have to do them in order to economically survive.

January 2, 2010 at 11:35 a.m.

Old School

Hey, that is a great idea. All you lurkers step up and say something. We dont bite..much, and it is all in fun.

January 2, 2010 at 11:30 a.m.

Terry

Did anybody see that I was thanking RCS blogers, I did not memtioned Obama. I have noticed that posters are much more sensitive now then ever before. Whatever happen to the good old days, where everybody was entilted to there own opinion. It's everybody's opinions that makes this forum so valueable. Let's hope that 2010 brings back some of the oldies, with input of some of the newbies and statements from the lurkers. I plan on checking in more often in 2010 it is on my 100 things to accomplish in 2010. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

METALCON - Banner - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away