User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
USG - Sidebar - Wind
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

WARNING - NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHING

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie

Dear Beloved RCSers,

I will be launching a new website any minute now. I know most of you go directly to the Forum and that link should remain the same, but if not, you may have to go to the website and click on the forum in case the URL does change.

I am not replacing the Forum - For Now. But I will eventually as this Forum is built on really old technology. I don't want to get hacked and lose everything again.

If there is a Forum that you are currently using that you like better than this one tell me what it is so I can see if it is something I can use for you. If not I am going to come up with 3 options and let the majority pick.

I will not change this forum unless I can take all the topics with me and the majority of you approve of the new software. I don't want to lose all of you again.

Thank you for your patience through this nerve-wracking time! Wish me luck!

June 5, 2015 at 6:58 a.m.

CIAK

Cool, I thought I was being expelled ha LOL. I've got my hall pass now. I'm hungry maybe twill will whip up a good omelette. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

June 4, 2015 at 9:20 p.m.

seen-it-all

Worked fine the next day so all is ok. Thanks

June 4, 2015 at 8:55 p.m.

vickie

Seen-it-all I think we fixed it. Try again.

June 3, 2015 at 5:43 p.m.

Lefty1

Works fine on my Samsung tablet.

June 3, 2015 at 12:46 a.m.

seen-it-all

Seems like I only ended up with a half an omelette here. Can only see and read one half of the forum posts on the left hand side. Running an iPhone 5s. Anybody else having any issues? Posting this off my desktop computer.

May 29, 2015 at 4:50 p.m.

Mike H

wywoody Said: A unbroken egg has no value or use.

If you were starving, with a pocket full of money, and I had an unbroken egg, I suspect it might be quite valuable..... then there's Faberge'

May 29, 2015 at 1:44 p.m.

vickie

This did nothing to lessen my anxiety about the whole thing. But thank you for changing my topic and turning it into a discussion for the sake of discussing. :laugh:

May 29, 2015 at 9:30 a.m.

wywoody

A unbroken egg has no value or use.

May 29, 2015 at 7:47 a.m.

CIAK

WTF am I supposed to do with my spare time now? Vickie is creating a new web site, Lefty is laying down some TPO and egg a practitioner of symbolic logic. . I'm hungry. I'm going to make an omelette. 3 eggs onions and green peppers.

B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

May 28, 2015 at 10:02 p.m.

Lefty1

Thanks EGG, I now know that I am a practitioner of symbolic logic.

EGG says"This is a little engaging". That was not the word that came to me. How do I stay focused? So many directions, So many points/topics to expand on. That was the delima that I faced. I pondered "engaging" and said "self let this be and engaging/pleasant/winsome conversation".

Turning me into a little cloud of goose eggs. Turning means to cut or shape which would suggest that you would come out the other end of the turbine with one end of you with several lumps/goose egg. Or you could go through the turbine as a goose and turned into a nothing/zero/goose egg.

Hey, let's all lay down some TPO.

May 28, 2015 at 6:41 p.m.

egg

This is a little engaging. Lefty is more than able to defend his own reasoning, but in the interest of the community at large, I have to go back a few years to my study of symbolic logic, symbolic in the strict sense that philosophical/logical prose arguments are reducable to mathematical notation and can be legitimately worked and reworked from that notation the same way an algebraic equation can be worked and reworked from its notation. So...

In classical logic (as a practiced formal system, not just a debate in everyday vernacular) one of the biggies goes by the name of "The Logical Fallacy of Equivocation." What this means in plain language is that when you are attempting to prove a point through a logical progression, you invariably start with a set of "givens" (for example: the item in question is either blue or not blue.) and you are not allowed to pivot on any of the givens. You build your argument with the givens and you cannot change them without corrupting the progression. Equivocation involves stating a "given" and then subtly shifting the meaning of the words within it. Punning is a happy example of equivocation.

As it pertains to this debate, the word "destroy" is being substituted for Lefty's word "break." We don't get to do that because using the word "destroy" changes the meaning. Breaking a few eggs to make an omelette does not destroy the eggs, it merely changes them. When I break in a new belt or a pair of shoes, I don't destroy them. When I break myself of a bad habit I don't destroy myself. When you break a horse, you don't destroy it. Now if Lefty had said, "To make an omelette you have to vaporize a few eggs, or disintegrate a few eggs, we would be onto something. In the first place we would know not to eat an omelette that he had fixed us. But when you break a fast, maybe an omelette is the way to go, for breakfast, so to speak. Or am I just breaking wind?

In the second place...is there a second place? Hmmm...let me think about that. Why I'm defending him is beyond me because I'm a person who really doesn't like change, vaporization or otherwise. But I'm pretty sure the plane would vaporize the watermelon the same way it disintegrates the geese. I'm just the goose, flying along happily minding my own business and along comes this plane wanting to get from one place to another in the minimum amount of time going five hundred miles an hour with these giant turbines screaming, turning me into a little cloud of goose eggs. Hey, let's all lay down some TPO.

May 28, 2015 at 5:51 p.m.

Lefty1

When you break the eggs and add some new items you get an omelette. When you transform the eggs and the new ingredients you get a new product. The new product serves the same people and is more valuable to everyone. The cook and the customers now have a better life.

There are some who will only eat eggs in an omelette. Now that Vickie offers omelettes they can come here and have an enjoyable experience. Thus, even more people will benefit.

Comparing a cloud and a watermelon is like a scientist who picked his result first, then only runs experiments that prove his result. To say that a plane could fly through a watermelon because it has the same amount of water as a cloud without looking at the other 25% is a flawed theory.

I will not even try to use the developing country analogy. Growing up, I watched my government the most developed country of the world kill people who voice disagreement with the government.

May 28, 2015 at 5:20 p.m.

CIAK

egg Said: Maybe that calls for a little analysis in itself? When you break a few eggs (should I take that personally? lol) to make an omelette, the eggs contribute to and are transformed into the omelette, becoming an integral part of it.

I'll defer to Lefty for an explanation, In order to achieve something, it is inevitable and necessary that something be destroyed. Weak Analogy B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where athe Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day.

May 28, 2015 at 4:37 p.m.

RoofDude

egg Said: Maybe that calls for a little analysis in itself? When you break a few eggs (should I take that personally? lol) to make an omelette, the eggs contribute to and are transformed into the omelette, becoming an integral part of it. When you execute a few citizens to create a government, those citizens neither contribute to nor become an integral part of it. That would be an example of a weak analogy. A plane can fly through a flock of geese and Im pretty certain (though I wouldnt necessarily want to be present for it) that it could also fly through a watermelon, just not through a watermelon the size of a mountain, which doesnt exist, so is moot. Lefty is on-the-money. The plane could fly through the argument, though, because its over 75% water vapor and air :silly: and it could definitely take off from the conveyor belt.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... :laugh:

May 28, 2015 at 4:27 p.m.

Mike H

You out-dunned yerself with that one Mr. Egg.

If that post was an omlet, I believe it would be like angels dancing on the tongue.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - This is Roofing School! (RLW)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders