English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

WARNING - NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHING

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

egg

Maybe that calls for a little analysis in itself? When you break a few eggs (should I take that personally? lol) to make an omelette, the eggs contribute to and are transformed into the omelette, becoming an integral part of it. When you execute a few citizens to create a government, those citizens neither contribute to nor become an integral part of it. That would be an example of a weak analogy. A plane can fly through a flock of geese and I'm pretty certain (though I wouldn't necessarily want to be present for it) that it could also fly through a watermelon, just not through a watermelon the size of a mountain, which doesn't exist, so is moot. Lefty is on-the-money. The plane could fly through the argument, though, because it's over 75% water vapor and air :silly: and it could definitely take off from the conveyor belt.

May 28, 2015 at 7:11 a.m.

CIAK

Lefty that's a "Weak Analogy": Where someone claims that some items which have only a few minor similarities are practically the same in almost everything else. Examples............ I think it is all right for governments in developing countries to execute citizens who don't agree with the government. If you want to make an omelet, then you have to break a few eggs, or a cloud is 75% water. A watermelon is 75% water. Since a plane can fly through a cloud, therefore a plane can fly through a watermelon. Good luck Vickie. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

May 27, 2015 at 6:45 p.m.

Lefty1

Good Luck! I do not envy you.

To make an omelet, you must break a few eggs.

May 27, 2015 at 3:00 p.m.

andy

Good luck!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SOPREMA -   Banner Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand) New Design
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald