User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
USG - Sidebar - Fire
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

pan flashing for skylight

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

wywoody

Is that seamless? made from roll stock?

September 3, 2012 at 8:28 a.m.

TomB

As a consultant, I wouldn't buy that line....Raise'em up & install crickets as per IBC/IRC.

September 3, 2012 at 8:08 a.m.

max

At the present time, unit skylights are required to be tested and labeled in accordance with the same standard in both the IRC and IBC. Unit skylights will also be exempt from a requirement of the IRC and IBC for saddle or cricket flashing of large roof openings. It is more appropriate for the installer of these skylights to instead rely upon the installation instructions of the skylight manufacturers, as currently occurs for windows.

September 2, 2012 at 9:20 p.m.

Old School

Beats me!

September 2, 2012 at 6:36 p.m.

TomB

How do you skirt IBC/IRC cricket requirements?

September 2, 2012 at 10:02 a.m.

tico

Never done 34'. Yet fabricating, God bless being an old airboater/swamp buggy fixer, andin Miami, EVERY roofer had one, the other and often both. When you went to the airboat association club on tamiami trail all the trucks said such and such "roofing". I, like many here come from the days of breaking or fabricating your own stop, pitch pans, scupper linings, etc. They called you A tin man. ironically, today it seems that you don't need that type of versatility. They make and sell all that crap. You go to the supply house you got 2", 3" eave, valley metal, 12", 16", 24" and that was your product base. When you wanted 5" you broke it at the shop or called Al springer, or Bob Hilson, they had brakes, and they would say, " sure, y'all boys come on T' the shop, the side dorr will be unlocked, do what ya need. Touch the beer in the fridge I'll kick your ass". Nowadays, with the way alot of help is, you better not be scroggin with the secretary, surely your gonna get A call, hey boss, ya busy? We got this 'n that such we can't do. And you gotta zip and go.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS - L&L contest
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
USG - Sidebar - Fire
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)