User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

I'm Out!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

tinner666

Looks like this disability is real, so I'll be shutting down as a viable entity. I'll keep what I can and do consulting and free-lance stuff, like being a coppersmith on somebody's copper roof that needs a true soldered seam, or whatever. Really need to get that shoulder replaced anyway, so maybe I'll play patient again this winter. We'll see. Anyway, I'll be around more if I can. :)

December 16, 2015 at 7:35 a.m.

tinner666

Here's a pic of asmall sample of the steel in the shop. I also had seehts, up to 1/2" thick.

I don't even remember where the 14" I-beam came from. :laugh: :laugh:

December 15, 2015 at 6:37 p.m.

tinner666

Lefty Said: There was a lot of stuff to move.
Huge piles of slate and steel, and a few tools too. B)

Just some of it.

December 14, 2015 at 6:18 p.m.

Lefty1

There was a lot of stuff to move.

December 14, 2015 at 10:54 a.m.

Mike H

When the tough going get's even tougher, the tough just keep at it, one slate at a time, eh?

December 14, 2015 at 6:21 a.m.

tinner666

Well, the last load was moved from the shop last week. Wife must have loaded and unloaded 5 tons of slate. I still wasn't able to do as much as normal, but got it done! Kudos to Lou for sticking with it. :)

Mike and Lefty should be able to appreciate how empty the place looks in this picture. :) There had been several tons of steel along that wall behind her.

September 26, 2015 at 9:33 p.m.

andy

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I've heard this getting old stuff isn't for sissies. Respect . . .

September 26, 2015 at 5:27 a.m.

tinner666

It is what it is. Thanks for the thoughts. I'm just gonna do what roofers do and hang in there.

September 26, 2015 at 3:47 a.m.

Mike H

Truly sorry, Frank.

September 25, 2015 at 7:38 p.m.

tinner666

Too challenging for the Docs, evidently. They've decided it's too far damaged to fix and I'll just have to deal with the pain until I die. Muscle dying off too badly to repair now. Not sure yet how I feel. This may have been too tought to handle. I wanted/needed it, but at the same time, I was pretty darned scared of it and the ensuing agony of immobility I would have had to endure. Relieved??, Mad??? Sad???? A bit depressed???? I just don't know.

As for the heart, as of Thurs., I've moved into a higher risk category for some reason, new meds, new treatments, new regimen entirely. I have been moved up to 'Help around the house, lift up to 15, or even 20 lbs. So, some good news out of it.

September 22, 2015 at 11:33 p.m.

Mike H

tinner666 Said:

Im trying to get the nerve for the next operation. Ill know more this week. Its going to be a very tough one, unlike that simple thing in Feb.

Glad to know you're gonna make it challenging this time ;)

September 18, 2015 at 4:03 p.m.

vickie

Oh Tinner - I am calling you this weekend! I've got something for you!.

September 16, 2015 at 11:30 p.m.

tinner666

GKRFG Said: Frank, Have you considered doing teaching of the craft. Instructing other contractors in proper techniques of the craft. Things that you could do in the shop. Just a thought. Hope all is well as can be. Hang in there!
Planning on getting something like that going. Trying to relocate tools now, but the next operation is going to keep me down for quite some time.

September 16, 2015 at 11:27 p.m.

tinner666

Mike H Said: I tip my hat to ya Frank. In the past month Ive had a perfectly healthy employee with young kids, and a relative who was a world class athlete, 2 time world champion at the peak of his success, multi-millionaire and the world at his fingertips... both killed themselves.

That's sad to hear Mike. I'm sorry about your loss. Hang tough my friend.

As ugly as you are to look at, youve got it where it counts, my friend.
Fug-ugly, eh???? I'll remember you said that! :laugh:

I'm trying to get the nerve for the next operation. I'll know more this week. It's going to be a very tough one, unlike that simple thing in Feb.

September 2, 2015 at 1:02 a.m.

Mike H

I tip my hat to ya Frank. In the past month I've had a perfectly healthy employee with young kids, and a relative who was a world class athlete, 2 time world champion at the peak of his success, multi-millionaire and the world at his fingertips... both killed themselves.

Like an iceberg, the 20 percent we can see, often doesn't give us a true perspective of what lies beneath.

As ugly as you are to look at, you've got it where it counts, my friend.

September 1, 2015 at 4:14 p.m.

tinner666

Well, I see one person figured out what I'll be doing! :laugh: Sucking hot sauce and cayenne pepper every day in the nude. :)

Miss the projects though.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

APOC - Banner - 3x Points - June
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style