User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
USG - Sidebar - Fire
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

I'm Out!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

wywoody

;)

August 28, 2015 at 2:43 p.m.

wywoody

Sorry about hearing you're being forced out, Frank.

So let me see if I have it right, life for you is now disability checks, picking the gravy out of your leads, chugging hot sauce and going to nudie camps. You're getting three things on my bucket list right there.

August 28, 2015 at 9:55 a.m.

tinner666

Thanks RoofDude. :) Will do. I am going to look at one I probably can't do in Farmville. Slate/valley replacement.

August 28, 2015 at 8:49 a.m.

RoofDude

Sorry to hear Frank. If I was closer, I'd have ya tinker on some of my jobs/projects. Haven't done a job in your area in a loooong time. Charlottesville is probably the closest to you I've been in the last few years.

I go through Richmond a couple times a year but, haven't worked in the area forever. Supposed to do a job up in the armpit of NoVa pretty soon. Not really looking forward to that...lol

I would come to your neck of the woods though. Hit me up if ya need any help with something. I'm about 2 1/2 hrs away.

August 28, 2015 at 7:12 a.m.

tinner666

It doesn't sound like it Twill. Other than ultra high BP after the operation, I was doing fine, then, one heart chamber literally quit and it took emergency surgery to insert a wire and external PM to keep me alive. (I was deemed too weaka nd too soon after the OHS to operate again for an internal PM.) That surgery had to wait more than a month. Just a month or so ago, during a checkup, everybody got ll worried again and adjustments were made and now the PM is working 99.9% of the time to keep me running. I exercise and go to shop to tinker, even drop by jobsites of others and piddle around, but seem to be physically unable to really work any. Tire too easily. I only have 3 working heart chambers according to Docs. I'm just not my old self, though I try hard.

August 27, 2015 at 1:55 p.m.

tinner666

:) Roofing is reportedly strenuous. Not sure if it's true or not. Problem is the shoulder does need to be replaced. Beyond that, the tiny wire keeping me alive has a target area of 1/16" x 1?16" and a jolt on my harness, a fall, or grabbing something could dislodge it according to Doc. They think it's already shifted somewhat and my 'Threshhold has changed by moving up' and that's "Not good", whatever that means. As it is, the shop cannot maintain itself with constant overhead and lack of income and will eat itself before long. My 2-year cushion is dwindling since there was no real income since 12-2013 when I first got injured. ;) Divest and keep hand and tinner tools and see if I can use them later seems to be the way to go. I've had amazing amounts of help from here and elsewhere, but I have to go it alone and depend on ohters to bail me out. Out with the old and in with the new!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Commercial Distribution Specilaists
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Claim Free Consultation - Ad 3