English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Hey, everyone sign in here

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

Tinner, I believe most of that is directly proportional to the amount of beer they drink. Rocky, yeah, there is a lot of slate over in the Pointes!

February 12, 2012 at 12:10 p.m.

tinner666

Old School Said: Rocky, most of it was either North of the city or in Grosse Point. We did three of them on Grosse Ile. Lots of money over there.

There is just something about 111,500 people crammed into a big stadium. It is big, but when you walk up to it from the outside it doesnt look so large, at least until they made the additions around the outside. Maybe 20 feet high. 50 some rows down into the ground though. That is a lot of people.

After one or two events and always being near some inconsiderate slobs each time, I don't bother going to any more packed venues. I'd rather watch from the comfort of my home.

February 12, 2012 at 11:48 a.m.

Rockydog

Mike, I have 4 brothers, from OHIO, used to be Roberts Roofing, heard of them? They were from the battle zone, near Toledo. 2 root for M 2 for OSU. My building has Blue all over it, most Buckeyes can't make themselves come thru the door. Funny situation. OS, born and raised in the Pointes. There are 5 of them. Tons of slate in that area. The Big House is big, for sure. Weird to walk into the stadium at ground level at the top of the stadium on one side and the bottom of the stadium on the other.

February 11, 2012 at 8:01 p.m.

Old School

Rocky, most of it was either North of the city or in Grosse Point. We did three of them on Grosse Ile. Lots of money over there.

There is just something about 111,500 people crammed into a big stadium. It is big, but when you walk up to it from the outside it doesn't look so large, at least until they made the additions around the outside. Maybe 20 feet high. 50 some rows down into the ground though. That is a lot of people.

February 11, 2012 at 7:50 p.m.

Mike H

I've got 4 employees that are big MI fans. One used to be a forman. I'd say "It really scares me to think I have a guy that stupid in charge of a job". Makes for a lot of fun during the season. Just might turn into MI's turn for a while now........... so sad. LOL

February 11, 2012 at 11:53 a.m.

Rockydog

I wasn't there, must' ve been the 1890's. LOL Had to get out of there, those are the directions some of the nuts (Buckeyes) were using trying to get away from the rest of the nuts(Buckeyes). Bo and Desmond just to name a few. M Go Blue. Where is there a lot of concrete tile in Detroit? Always has been a lot of slate. Lot of concrete in Phoenix. One of the top rivalies in history, not just sports. Welcome to the big house.

February 10, 2012 at 8:58 p.m.

Old School

OOOWWWEEEEE Mike that was mean! Great programs and great rivalries.

Rocky, We did a lot of concrrete tile and slate over in Detroit in the 90's I don't miss it at all.

February 10, 2012 at 6:40 p.m.

Mike H

West 'til ya smell it. North 'til ya step in it.

Directions to Michigan, from Ohio. :silly:

Gooooooooooo, BUCK'S !!!

Can't blame ya for movin' Rockydog, but WELCOME to the fun.

February 10, 2012 at 11:48 a.m.

Rockydog

From the Shores of Grosse Pointe Farms, MI. Did the Farms reach the shore?

February 9, 2012 at 7:53 p.m.

Old School

A Michigan man! Hail to the Victors!

February 9, 2012 at 8:11 a.m.

Rockydog

Go Blue, my true home, but now I'm from Phoenix.

February 8, 2012 at 10:24 p.m.

guppy

Old School Said: Even you lurkers I would be interested to see how many different people are reading this site. Let me know where you are from too. Thanks. Old School John R. Crookston, Kalamazoo, Michigan

Guppy- Claude Holmes roofing contractor Toronto,Ontario. http://www.rooferscoffeeshop.com/rcs/users/guppy/

February 8, 2012 at 6:15 p.m.

robert

A new site sounds good,i think ive seen the poster above before and hes from Alabama!

February 8, 2012 at 12:40 p.m.

TARBABY

Man, I check in for like the first time in 8 months and the post police want my ID! I'm in Northwest Virginia. Oh and I guess I need to update/ my old profile. I'm a roof consultant, not a roofer.

February 3, 2012 at 6:40 p.m.

Mike H

Copperman, we are lot closer than that. Less than 50 by crow, about 60 by car.

And as one of the worst offenders when it came to initiating new posters, back in the day, well, I just hang my head in shame. Age has a way of doing that to ya, I guess. Sometimes you gotta smarten up a little to know how dumb you really are.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Depot - Banner Ad - Supply the whole roofing job
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad