User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Project Map It - Sidebar Ad - Close More Roofing Jobs With Project Map It
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
VaproShield - Sidebar - SlopeShield - Aug
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Guess I did upset some around here...

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jroop702

Hey you guys Roop here. My thread here was pulled down because i can not find it any longer. So I am still here if you have any questions on how to better market you business online. I can give some advice if wanted. Questions on website setup and appeal etc. how to drive traffic to your site.

Semper Fi, Roop>>>

April 13, 2009 at 9:56 a.m.

jroop702

Good Morning, hope all had a nice Easter.>>>

April 9, 2009 at 5:40 p.m.

builderr

Tom Hay did it and he has 12,754,879 candy stripers on his facebook pals list>>>

April 9, 2009 at 5:09 p.m.

builderr

roop...there's probably someplace in your profile to do that, if not in your member page, if there's such a thing>>>

April 9, 2009 at 5:03 p.m.

jroop702

Yes it truly is a testament for us to have a lead generation service, get leads from our site. The reason they show like they do is that when someone visits one of their clients they see the SM site first then they have to click on the link to go to the actual site. This is also the reason that you guys are having to compete that much harder. Which is why what I do is the way to go with an AdWords campaign. Now about not know much of the classified site, we are a large company and have different departments. Basically not my dept. In addition if you guys are getting curious, I am unable to discuss specifics, Email me and I will contact you and we can talk cost, agreement arrangements, etc. I'm not sure if leaving my phone number is ok.>>>

April 9, 2009 at 12:33 p.m.

builderr

Unfortunately...service magic always ends up at the top of the side pages on most google searches that I do anyways....so, if that is a reference to the success of your company, by having SM be one of your accounts, rather than an affiliate thing, then I take that as evidence to the success of your efforts. If not, then they become your nemesis....or our nemesis.

Knowing nothing about your classified site, while marketing adword management without being aware of everything that your competition is throwing at you, even thru your own sister company ( for lack of a better word) seems redundant. I am sure tht we are all looking for the secret that will put us out there in front of SM, and the other online lead marketing conglomerates that our competition uses to compete with us. It's kind of like taking out a small ad in a publication, assuming that your competition isn't going to be there, and finding out that they have the entire back page. Maybe when we see what the end result of your classified site being broken down involves, we would be less skeptical that it's just another hay ride. If I have a wrong idea about livedeal, it only comes from my 7 years with service magic, and the sour taste that I have over discovering that LD is the "how and why" I am getting 7-10 competing bidders in my fields of trade instead of the 2-3 that I used to get.

I think we are all curious as to what the basic adwords campaign costs to us, averages on a monthly basis, that being lowest possible agreement etc. Do you have a start out/ try it basis program, or is it a Minimum 1 year plan or what. I know you would prefer to talk one on one to each buyer, and I don't mean to speak for everyone but inquiring minds would certainly like to know. I am also aware of the Banner YP listing that LD offers for $5000.00/ month. I am also curious to understand a little better about the bidding for words thingie...does that apply to what you offer? >>>

April 9, 2009 at 11:37 a.m.

jroop702

No SM and LiveDeal are not affiliates. This is how Service Magic gets many many many of their "leads". Are you ready....They place their clients on our classified site which is free by the way. Then charge that client what ever the rates are. Now why would service magic need to post on free classified site? Oh and lets not forget that one "lead" is being farmed to more than one contractor. Our classified site is being broken down and will no longer be in our business model. I know nothing about the classified site. I do AdWords management. Which is our main drive. Sending people to your website based on the services you provide in the local area you actually service, from the front pages of Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Ask.com>>>

April 8, 2009 at 11:49 a.m.

Ed The Roofer

So is Ideal dot com an affiliate with SM?

Ed>>>

April 8, 2009 at 10:44 a.m.

jroop702

What's going on all.>>>

April 7, 2009 at 10:49 a.m.

jroop702

Hey Peter, email at jroop@livedeal.com or call not sure if I can post my phone number or not. Email me and I'll give you my phone number to talk better.>>>

April 7, 2009 at 10:47 a.m.

jroop702

Peter email at jroop@livedeal.com I don't want to step on anyones toes again.>>>

April 6, 2009 at 7:47 p.m.

Peter1

Hi jroop,

What is the difference between a Google Authorized Re-seller and buying keywords direct from Google adwords ?

The reason I ask is I am getting a lot of calls from people selling adwords at what appear to be prices that are too good to be true which as you know if it looks to good to be true it usually is.

Most of the scam artists who call lose the sale when the mention "Membership" (I'm not in the U.S.)

>>>

April 6, 2009 at 11:57 a.m.

thebaycompany

hey roop.... what's the scoop

I don't think there's too many out here during the day... unless they're out of work or it's raining.... or they're the boss, whom I assume your hoping to attract.

I discovered, by default, that I somehow already am listed in the venue that you promote, by proxi...thru respond.com and service magic.....I think everyone's needs thereego stroked in these trade and hard times, and made to feel like they are one of a kind, even in a small fish big pond scenario. regardless, I stand by my original statement that I wish I were the one that came up with the "business plan" that you represent here today. (Notice, as much as the word scheme fit into the flow of my rhetoric, I refrain from using it, and have proper spelling AND punctuation.

It is my opinion, that despite all the pros and cons of the net based lead marketing efforts that have floated thru here in the past 9 years, despite the up and down economy, those of us savvy enough to have a web presence, only look for something new and different. Another "classifieds format" idea puts us back on the same page as many others, including many start ups and "going unders" making last ditch.....poorly afforded efforts to drum up business. A lot of what you do is exactly what most in here have been looking for....google analytics, seo expertise, etc.....but if it comes in the form of some "latest new concept in Internet marketing" packaging... it's not new, and deftinitely not proven. Of course, negative internet search results about your prior parent company doesn't help your plight become any easier....

>>>

April 6, 2009 at 11:25 a.m.

jroop702

Good Morning guys>>>

April 4, 2009 at 5:50 p.m.

thebaycompany

I too was wondering where it went!!>>>

April 2, 2009 at 10:59 a.m.

Ed The Roofer

I wasn't referring to any topic.

In my previous post before that new one just submitted, I had listed another Roofing Forum for the OP to see, but I did not want it to be considered Spam and take away from this board.

So, since the OP posted since I listed the other URL where I Moderate at, I deleted it myself.

I was thanking you for allowing it to remain until he had the opportunity to see it.

The OP made earlier reference to an entire topic missing though, in his first post on this thread.

Ed>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

USG - Banner - Wind
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
CT_CimateFlex_Infographic_FINAL_2.jpg
Hunter Panels - Sidebar - Blog Website Launch - Aug
APOC - CCS Sidebar - ProProgram - June
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest