User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Guess I did upset some around here...

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Ed The Roofer

I removed the name of the other roofing forum URL since you had the opportunity to see it after your recent post.

Thanks for letting me place it on this site temporarily Steve.

Ed>>>

April 2, 2009 at 9:43 a.m.

jroop702

Funny you say that, because this "roofing contractor" let me know the difference between a "roofing contractor" and a "roofer" very kindly during a call last week.>>>

April 1, 2009 at 8:28 p.m.

thebaycompany

I just realized something here... you would think that if you had this job, you would be out here when we are here, not during the day when we're working. maybe their theory is, business roofers are here during business hours and tradesmen come on at night.>>>

April 1, 2009 at 7:01 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

Could you post the original thread topic on another site, since it obviously ticked someone off over here.

Try ""Other Roofing Forum URL Deleted By Ed As Promised""

Guys, that is the only time I ever mentioned one of the other sites I moderate on, so please don't consider it spamming for a competing forum.

After the OP notices it, I will edit the forum name out by the end of this evening, or if he has responded before I notice, then please do so before me.

But, if you are there just to only sell a service, it will get trashed for TOS also.

If you go there and have an informative post and create a good marketing topic to discuss, that would be considered worthwhile.

Do not list the company in the signature, but only in the profile, because that would be too blatant.

Observe proper etiquette regarding selling your services when you could alternatively buy a banner ad on someones site. The administrators do not operate these things for free.

Ed>>>

April 1, 2009 at 5:09 p.m.

jroop702

Yeah most of that was addressed in my old thread. The LiveDeal Classified site is populated by service magic. They post those listing on our site to help them fulfill what they are telling their clients they can. SERVICE MAGIC GETS LEADS FROM LIVEDEAL. Now if a company like SM has to use our site to get some leads from what does that tell you about us. I don't have anything to do with the classified site. I put my clients in the sponsored links on the top and down the right hand side of the page. As well as content networks where Google has a sponsored link section. I don't farm out the search to many contractors. The comsumer goes to you and you only when they click on the ad.>>>

April 1, 2009 at 4:45 p.m.

thebaycompany

my take on things is....if you take the best of all lead services, like I listed above, and put the entire smorgasbord in front of the potential buying customer, like it does, then hopefully the cost per lead would be reduced realistically. Unfortunately, as the listing advertiser, I don't see that happening for various reasons. Particularly in our catagory....home improvements. All of your listings go thru Service Magic, so not only are we paying you for a spot to get listed, we have to go thru the SM phone thing to get contact. As a job search source, between career builder and monster.com...I assume the same. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I looked at every home improvement contractor listed in the area of my zip code and each one was only reachable thru a SM#. That means that not only do they have an agreement with you, they also have one with SM. Maybe that's changed, but if I also have to compete with everyone on that list, which happens to be extensive, then I just blend in with the masses. If it had a distinct difference and exclusivity from Yellow pages, then it might interest me, but so far....it's just the same, big tasteless pizza that keeps me looking for another.>>>

April 1, 2009 at 4:17 p.m.

jroop702

I'm with LiveDeal Inc. I had another thread that had my background and some banter. I do pretty well but it is a tough raquet, because so many of you guys have been burnt by BS start ups. And total scams in general. We are also a publiclly traded company.>>>

April 1, 2009 at 4:04 p.m.

tinner666

Just curious. Lot of guys got that job you have to make ends meet now. Looks like hard row to hoe to me. Best of luck to you.>>>

April 1, 2009 at 4:03 p.m.

thebaycompany

frank...might be the josh from Contractor talk...>>>

April 1, 2009 at 3:58 p.m.

jroop702

Nope not me. Names John. Most call me Roop though. Haven't really went by John since before the Corps.>>>

April 1, 2009 at 3:53 p.m.

tinner666

Didn't bother me any. Is 'j' for Josh? He, or you has been calling about twice a week. :laugh:>>>

April 1, 2009 at 3:42 p.m.

jroop702

Fingers got silly there.....hell we are a Google authorized reseller for their Adwords platform. We are not in the business to burn our clients because then we can lose our partnership with Google. And then the perception is that Google marketing doesn't work. Right? It dosen't work when the wrong person or copmpany is handeling you campaign. Like the bad pizza anylogy you've had bad pizza before, right? But you still tried another pie. When made right pizza is great. Same applies to marketing. Many say they can do this and that, but when get the pie it's cold and cardboard tasting. You have to find a good chef. Thats me.>>>

April 1, 2009 at 3:34 p.m.

jroop702

Thank you for that. It truely is a excelent marketing platform. Hell we a>>>

April 1, 2009 at 3:30 p.m.

thebaycompany

when the bar owns the pay toilets..... everybody's making money..... as far as your ideas..... I think it's a great idea... and despite RCS /TOS....I vote a strong "Maybe" I just wish it were mine...... it was a combination of everyman's vices... mix... yellow pages, craigslist, backpages, service magic, career builder, monster.com, and realtors.com, and stir.

I would think that RCS as a group might be a good marriage to that venture, rather than standing in the shadows offering candy to only us pretty ones.>>>

April 1, 2009 at 3:25 p.m.

Rozziroofer

Not sure about competing with the site but you do offer good come backs :laugh:>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Commercial Distribution Specilaists
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad