User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

first day on job

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Terry D

they are the shank on a circle/shank hanger for half round gutters

February 5, 2010 at 10:45 a.m.

Jed

Good catch Dennis, I think it's the camera angle though...

February 5, 2010 at 8:46 a.m.

dennis

Must be the picture angle but it looks like you only have about an inch/ inch and a half headlap for the starter course and maybe two for the field courses.

We've gone to cutting mod bit in strips for the starter shim. Two layers. Won't dry out.

A layer of felt over the I&W. Keeps the slate from embedding at top edge in the ice and water.

The new "euro" imported gutters are much better (and easier to install) than the old Bergers. I have not tried the ClassicGutters. But it looks like you have to match the original gutters on that one. I'm guessing you have quite a few repairs to do on that crappy spanish slate.

February 5, 2010 at 8:00 a.m.

Old School

CM, What are those red marks on the top of the slate? Just kidding! You should try my brothers gutter system one time. It blows away the Berger system and is much easier and stronger to use. (Classicgutter.com) Are you going to have them fix the chimney while you are on the roof? Since you have to redo the slates around the valley anyway it would only make sense.

February 5, 2010 at 7:28 a.m.

wywoody

Looks like a nice job for Winter CM, It should shed the snow pretty fast. A couple of questions. Do the plasticap nails interfere with the slates? Do you ever take the drip edge (and underlayment) over the edge shim strip? We do that for tile and it's called antiponding to prevent ponding behind it and avoid putting nails penetrating the metal near the edge. Do you buy the gutter hangers prebent or do you do than twisting bend yourself?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

USG - Banner - Wind
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July