User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Dead as hell on here. Is nothing goiing on?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

Where is the banter? Where are all of the contributors? Where is all the bragging and complaining? Hasn't anyone's employees done something incredibly stupid? Where is our pride? Cone on guys!

February 24, 2016 at 4:29 p.m.

Old School

Amen on finishing just before the flakes started to fall!

February 24, 2016 at 3:22 p.m.

andy

After some winds approaching 70 mph last week Friday in West Michigan, we've been fielding calls for service. Properly fastened, quality shingles seem to have survived just fine. Improperly fastened, marginal quality shingles not so much.

Finished up a couple of repairs this morning before the flaky white stuff started. Quite a dramatic change in the landscape in the past four hours.

February 18, 2016 at 7:29 p.m.

Old School

Some wood left over for next year. It is all a wash!

February 15, 2016 at 9:27 a.m.

clvr83

We've had the nicest winter that I can remember. We've also had more work sold in winter aside from a superstorm 6 years ago. I've got more sold going in to spring than I had in May of last year.

Somehow I've even got more wood cut than I normally have this time of year. Within a few weeks, I might have enough to get through next year.

January 8, 2016 at 11:52 a.m.

max

I just started a church roof and i need some old bucks. Continued in I will continue in another topic

January 8, 2016 at 7:33 a.m.

Old School

I first posted this in October and her it is January and it is still dead on here. We finished a big stone coated steel shingle job and I will have to post those pictures to give us something to talk about.

November 8, 2015 at 6:58 p.m.

Old School

I love it. I doubt if it would work for me, but then, that is the way we came into this world! Too damn cold up on the roofs in the spring and the fall.

November 8, 2015 at 10:57 a.m.

tinner666

Old School Said: Tinner, is it a nudist colony? That would be cold as hell in the winter. I am glad that you are able to work and do something. It must be hard to sit and watch things happen. Last year when I wasnt feeling well was pure Hell on me. Get better fast. John Crookston

No, but it's warm there with indoor heated pools, sauna, game and exercise rooms, etc. All the amenities of any other resort without the hassle of getting dressed, even at the church for services.

We have a converted, heated schoolroom for living in the bush. Not cold inside, but can be rough outside if we couldn't dress for it. LOL

November 2, 2015 at 8:34 p.m.

Old School

Tinner, is it a nudist colony? That would be cold as hell in the winter. I am glad that you are able to work and do something. It must be hard to sit and watch things happen. Last year when I wasn't feeling well was pure Hell on me. Get better fast. John Crookston

November 2, 2015 at 7:29 p.m.

tinner666

Hate clicking to get in too! :laugh: :laugh:

Been moving the shop to the country, selling off items to pay for the move, staying out there for days without internet, so haven't been on much. When I'm in town, and not at VA, I'll log into FB and check RCS there and even post some. (Vickie even shared one of my recent RCS posts over there, btw.) :) Told landlord I'd be out of shop by Dec 1, and I've got somebody that's supposed to be moving in while I'm moving out. Crazy busy with that! Still don't have a house out there, but I can camp and rough it if I have too. :)

October 28, 2015 at 10:52 p.m.

Mike H

wywoody Said: When I log on, I used to start to type my email, a box would drop down with my email, I would click it and it would also fill in my password. A little while ago, it quit doing that, now I have to manually type in the email and password.

Every time I get on here if I have something to say, I ask myself if its worth the hassle of logging on. Turns out most of the time it isnt.

Ain't that so funny. We'll think nothing of spending minutes typing nothing, but filling in those two drop boxes is such a monumental hassle.

But we're all like that, ain't we? LOL

October 28, 2015 at 6:26 p.m.

Old School

Egg, that would be about 10,000 squares. I am sure I have personally done that about 5 times over in my lifetime. Hey, that would be interesting to find out. Let's start a thread to tell how many squares of shingles we have personally installed over the years. I used to really put them down.

October 28, 2015 at 4:49 p.m.

egg

But it's nice to see that dog at least every few days.

He looks quite thoughtful, even if he can't illuminate the thoughts for us.

We're still booked to the end of the year. We're not lake effect, not like Michigan, and by the time Jan 1 gets here we'll probably be booked til spring. That is if El Nino doesn't shut us down for awhile. The only thing I wish is that California had about twenty million fewer people living here.

Just read a short article from Texas that stated if every soul on the planet were crowded into Texas and there was no space allocated for roads, reservoirs, landing strips, warehouses, sporting arenas, pasture, fields, stores, malls, movie theaters, parking lots, military bases, courthouses, jails, prisons, administrative offices, sewage treatment plants, manufacturing, or any other public or private purposes of any kind whatsoever, each person would get a piece of land thirty feet by thirty feet. Best-guess is that to support our current standard of living we each need about twenty-four acres. That gave me a strange and familiar feeling. How many squares would that be? I know I've installed mine and I'm not even retired yet.

October 28, 2015 at 9:40 a.m.

wywoody

When I log on, I used to start to type my email, a box would drop down with my email, I would click it and it would also fill in my password. A little while ago, it quit doing that, now I have to manually type in the email and password.

Every time I get on here if I have something to say, I ask myself if it's worth the hassle of logging on. Turns out most of the time it isn't.

October 22, 2015 at 7:33 p.m.

Old School

I know that boys dad, and that was taken about 5 years ago. He is intense, and a very good slater. We are busy, but comfortable. I have enough to keep me busy for the rest of the year, and after that I don't care. I am planning on going to the Caribbean this winter which will be different and nice when it is cold. You don't make any money working in the winter anyway.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - This is Roofing School! (RLW)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest