Français

User Access

EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign
MetalForming - Lunch & Learn
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Nothing to say?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Patty Cakes

I find it hard to believe nothing is being said reagarding our current state of politics.  I have known this site to quite mouthy with both the peacemakers and loud mouths,,,,,,,,,,silence doesn't fit any of you.  With that said, I am bipartisan although I am a registered Democrat, it means nothing to me.  I live in PA and our primaries are a joke, Independants can't vote so I had to choose one or the other, D came before R in the alphabet so here I be.  My concern is all that goes on behind the scene,  all the wheeling and dealing and Pork Bellies. we as a country are being appeased by these professionals.  We certainly have our right to vote but it only decides whom the President will be,  after that our say means squat.  We vote, we take sides, we argue and THEY the 435 people make decisions that affect millions, they know we will make noise but also know our griping will subside.

December 25, 2017 at 8:38 a.m.

Alba

America is being respected around the world again all right. trump administration just scored a major victory. The  UN , led by our allies voted almost unanimously against the move of the US embassy to Jerusalem. Only Guatemala , Togo and some other island states whose names nobody has ever heard of and  inhabited by a few hundred people  voted pro. Our European allies  are telling trump to try to at least act his age when he picks unnecessary  stupid fights with them on twitter.Anyway respecting Patty's wishes we'll put this matter to rest and let the Trump stupidity run its course .

December 24, 2017 at 10:40 p.m.

Patty Cakes

I'm not looking to prolong this, gentlemen please put this to rest.  Let's agree to disagree.  I thought maybe there would have been more participation but not.  Maybe some are tired of listening, I've heard enough from you Roofguy to know we are definitely on different ends of the rope.  Alba the future will tell if our dreams come true until then our President is Donald Trump, a respected position not a respected person.

It is officially Christmas, have a Merry everyone.  May our wishes come true.

December 22, 2017 at 10:40 p.m.

Alba

Admiration is mutual. you're a bunch of narrow minded bigoted racists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUxY_KmvXOM

December 19, 2017 at 8:03 p.m.

Alba

the impeachment of the president is not an act of treason but one of the provisions of the constitution, granted there are  grounds to invoke it . I'm just stating my opinion , you're the one barking threats   .I don't have the power to remove or keep the  president in the office ,and neither do you.that responsibility lies squarely on the congress and the senate .these 2 institutions have the power to invoke the 25th amendment should they decide that the president has lost his mind beyond the shadow of the doubt.Now we're at the reasonable doubt level.if and when that happens you can bark,threaten , insult, offend , bully ,coerce and intimidate all you want your elected representatives who have the authority to determine the president's job future.I wouldn't suggest you doing so because they don't take too kindly to threats but you can do whatever you want to do.

December 18, 2017 at 8:34 p.m.

Alba

Trump is proving too stupid to be president and you're mad at yourself for being dumb enough to vote for him.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”-allegedly mark twain.

December 17, 2017 at 6:24 p.m.

Patty Cakes

Alba, I agree.  I had sympathy in the early months for Mr. Pence having to explain what was meant by his Boss.  No more sympathy, I'm not in favor him either.  I have resigned myself to Trump being there for the remaining 3 years regardless of the attempts to remove him.  I am certainly not looking forward to his re-election campaign which hasn't stopped.

Roofguy, I really don't know what is driving you,  I find you liking and not liking the Boss.  I did vote for Obama 2x and feel he was genuine which doesn't mean he was correct on his actions.  Every President  pleases and displeases it citizens, it is a personal feeling, what helps others doesn't help you.  Example: I make a fraction too much for assistance, I'm a fraction too low to get the better interest rate, almost qualifying but left in the middle of too little and too much, it is endless and it sucks for many people.  Do you remember the days of 3 classes..rich, middle, poor.  Today these 3 classes exists amongst the classes, which brings us to 9 classes.   The government has not a clue on how to deal with this because they aren't even aware of it's existence.

December 17, 2017 at 5:20 p.m.

Alba

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/the-opioid-crisis-only-became-a-crisis-when-it-affected-white-people

the current president has got to go. it seems like  the walls are closing in on him .by this time next year pence will be president.

December 17, 2017 at 4:29 p.m.

Patty Cakes

Gentlemen the bickering must stop, you will never agree on certain topics.  I'm speaking of a general consensus, are you pleased with our current President?  I know there was discord after Obama was elected but I have never witnessed such a brewhaha before. My first President of rememberance was Kennedy, take it from there.  I am seriously concerned about the confidence our nation once held and see a serious breakdown not only as us as citizens but our allies.  We must stop this personal opinion and really think about us as a nation.  When we feel good about us as a nation, respectful and yes guardians of other countries that gives us the privilege of bickering, until then look at the whole picture and question those in charge, it is our right and privilege.  I don't have the answer just a suggestion.

December 13, 2017 at 7:15 p.m.

Alba

The political system is antiquated and not keeping up with the times.the two schools of the political thought aren't really providing the answers.The left with the social programs have alleviated some of the problems but have created others .the right likes to govern with an iron fist .they have solved some problems but exacerbated others.you can't solve everything with a hammer.we have the  highest rate of incarceration in the world .when a  man is put away for 20 years , his 3-4 little children will more than likely fall in poverty ,grow up in a bad neighborhood   and end up in trouble with the law.by the time daddy gets out of prison his kids go in.1 million black men in prison and the streets are still  filled with drugs.the very fact that you have to buy gun after gun , carry your gun everywhere you go shows that we're not any safer.the private prison industry and NRA are getting richer though.I don't know what the answers are but DJT certainly isn't the answer .expecting  a non- politician to fix the political system is like expecting  a non roofer to roof your house .

December 13, 2017 at 7:08 a.m.

Alba

And talk about classless! Rumor is that at a posh D.C. gala, Harvey Weistein took Michelle in a back room and exposed his penis to her. Michelle responded by pulling hers out.

Yeap a rumor started by none other than the honorable David Duke lol .

Alabama one of the red states , didn’t seem to pay attention to Trump’s plea last night .

December 12, 2017 at 10:15 p.m.

Alba

A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush.  (-that is cold lol)https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/12/12/trump-lows-ever-hit-rock-bottom-editorials-debates/945947001/

December 10, 2017 at 10:46 p.m.

Patty Cakes

Why anyone would want to be President of the USA is beyond me, they already know the shenanigins that have to be dealt with and choose to do so anyway.  They know this because the have been within the system long enough to even be considered never mind elected.  Yes we have had great Presidents and certainly a few that proved to be inadequate.   Each Presidency has had it's trials and tribulations some self inflicted and others inherited.  It is all blended.  One administration affects the next which makes me wonder, forward to 2020.  Who would want to come in after Mr. Trump?  Is he setting a new precedent of style and attitude? We have one more year of relief before the race starts, this should prove to be interesting.

Roofguy, just can't agree with you on everything.  My personal opinion of Trump does not compare with yours.  He must be commended on finding his base group.  As limited as it is, it is a strong group and he will play that to the max.  For those of us that are not blinded by his concern for our welfare, we are watching out for ourselves.

Why does everyone want to chose a side,  today we need to be thinking collectively.  Take the republican, democrat, independent, conservative, left, right, social, radical, evangelist, wall street etc., out of it.  What would you like, want or need the goverment to do. Referendums should be more frequent in all states, that would bring pulic opinion to the forefront, not necessarily what politicians want to hear, it may not fit their agenda. We must remember WE THE PEOPLE  should be their agenda, not the big check, house, planes, cars, recognition and freebies, attractive freebies with an expected price of selling your soul...

December 10, 2017 at 9:45 p.m.

Alba

You voted for him because he’s black. Period.

You hate him because he's black.Period.

December 10, 2017 at 7:04 a.m.

RetiredRoofer

Retired after 42 years in trade and 36 as biz owner ..... Sold company and moved south, lovin’ it!

December 9, 2017 at 9:29 p.m.

Alba

When Obama took over ,the country was on the brink of destruction .there were 2 wars going on, sucking hundreds of millions of US$ and Osama bin ladin was  still at large. unemployment was at 10% ,housing , auto , banking ,auto industries were in shambles .dow jones had crashed to 6000.When he left Bin ladin had been killed .2 wars were closed out.unemployement was at 4%.economy was expanding the dow jones hit 18000.the country is still running on his budget .To say that he was a negative value is an utter ignorant nonsense .

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Spanish Lunch & Learn Series
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
AEP Span - Sidebar - Rollformer -  March
ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2