User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Yo...!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

RoofDude

Thought I'd drop in, & see how the old gang is doing.  Haven't talked to some of y'all in years, talk to a few of y'all from time to time.  Life, & our industry, sure has changed a lot in the last roughly 20yrs, since I started chatting with some of the fellas I met here.  Stumbling onto RCS years ago dramatically improved my professional life, & in some cases, my personal life.  Most importantly, the relationships that were made, were priceless.  I still maintain some of them today.  For that I'll always be thankful.  Hope life is treating everybody well.  

Still plugging away on this end. Still love being a Roofer too.  While the industry is constantly changing, roofs still speak the same language, if you are roof literate anyways.  Even though the world around us has gone completely mad it seems, roofs themselves respond, & act very much the same.  I still enjoy installing, & problem solving.  There's great satisfaction, in performing our trade as it should be.  There's much personal worth in climbing that ladder, & doing your thing.  

Is the old gang still around these parts..?  I'm talking about, MikeH aka "The King", The Sean, Dr Roof, That fellar with the boyish grin aka Tom Hay, the fellar that likes to run around nekkid aka Tinner, the man who does the best single ply, & mod bit work I've ever seen aka MikeNZ..?  Bull, Lefty, & the whole cast of Roofmen.  

The last time I checked in, it seemed I was in the twilight zone as, Tim had gone from chopping, to SPF..?!  I'd love to read a thread on him & Tom discussing that..! Not to mention, the million dollar question.....  did we ever come up with a consensus, on the most important question ever asked at RCS...???  You know.... did the plane fly..?  

As I drink my coffee this morning, I think of, & salute you all.  RD says, good morning, & hope your all doing well. 

August 22, 2020 at 10:38 a.m.

DavidRB

Good to see that they have put wifi in the Nursing homes....its been many a years comraderie 

August 20, 2020 at 7:38 p.m.

RoofDude

Tom,

You hit the nail on the head when you said, "pure rock & roll" 15yrs ago.... lol 

Hey, I went for a ride on the Gambling ship to nowhere...!  That was a blast..!  Was my 2nd favorite trip to Florida :) 

Here's an old pic for ya..! 

August 20, 2020 at 11:44 a.m.

TomHay

Heidi, no need to be sorry.  I get a lot of Glad you are here from women.  I chalk it up to my boyish grin.

Tom, I am so sorry.  I will get this to our developer to see what we can do.  I am so sorry but really glad you are here.

Heidi

-heidiellsworth

August 20, 2020 at 10:52 a.m.

hje@ellsworth.us

Tom, I am so sorry.  I will get this to our developer to see what we can do.  I am so sorry but really glad you are here.

Heidi

August 20, 2020 at 10:17 a.m.

TomHay

WOW... I worked all morning, on and off between demands, on a long reply.  Submitted it, got the verification screen, did it, then got a screen that said "You must be logged on to reply to this thread".  Entire post appears to be lost.  Couldn't recover it with the "back" button.   Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Mike H, you will always be King.  .  If anyones counting it has been 15 years since this place was pure Rock and Roll and you guys have gotten old, I stayed the same as I started out old.  The cartridge biz I had started became a monster.  It is now called WWW.SprayEZ,Com my old partner Fred has done a bang up job with it.  After I retired I stayed on as a consultent but am rarely used though I still take a ride there from time to time giving Fred an excuse to go on the Gambling ship to no where.

YES, my Mom is still living, 95 years old and spunky.  She sold her house and bought a Condo a block from me.

Not one to fully retire, I started a Cue Tip Biz on line as conditions of my retirement do not allow me to compete with my old compaany.  It keeps me busy but I do miss the Roofing and Waterproofing end very much.

LOL, I also miss defending the Urethane Foam Roofing Trade, you guys kept me on my toes.  I am very happy the RCS kept my old avatar as I lost it many many computers ago.  To be honest I am waiting to see if the RCS can kick in again before I decide to be a paying member which gives you posting rights for new threads.  Lifes a Ball if you can still Bounce, wish everyone my very best.

Not gonna retype it.  Logging people off automatically ain't a cool feature.

-Mike H

August 20, 2020 at 9:03 a.m.

Mike H

WOW... I worked all morning, on and off between demands, on a long reply.  Submitted it, got the verification screen, did it, then got a screen that said "You must be logged on to reply to this thread".  Entire post appears to be lost.  Couldn't recover it with the "back" button.   Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Not gonna retype it.  Logging people off automatically ain't a cool feature.

August 19, 2020 at 3:01 p.m.

MeganEllsworth

Roofdude! That is a great post. Glad to have you back and everyone here at RCS hopes that you and yours are all doing alright during these trying times. :) 

August 17, 2020 at 5:57 p.m.

TomHay

Hello, still alive and kicking

August 17, 2020 at 5:39 p.m.

Lefty

Birthdays never meant much to me. I turned 65 on Monday and worked a full day. 

Tomorrow is my grandsons Wyatt's birthday. He turns 6. I do celebrate other people's birthdays.

August 17, 2020 at 5:10 p.m.

RoofDude

Awesome Lefty.  Nice to hear from you man.  Glad to hear life is treating you well.  

You have a great memory..!  Anita just had a birthday a week ago.  Although, she quit counting some time ago ;)

August 17, 2020 at 4:39 p.m.

Lefty1

Hello RoofDude,

Glad your move to the sticks has worked out. I have not been on the Coffee Shop in a year. 

I have made a career change. My sons run the roofing company. I sign papers and get a check. 5 years ago I started to buy rental properties. Most of the roofing I do is on my own buildings. There are exceptions though. I had 70 sq. of metal delivered today. Another 100 sq. in a couple of weeks. I use a foreman I had that went out on his own to do my work. I take on jobs outside the area my company services. There is no way I can pass up work. Turned 65 on Monday. Still working 6 days a week. 

If I remember correctly Anita is having a birthday. Tell her I said Happy Birthday.

I stay in touch with MikeH and Tinner. 

My life and company definitely improved when I found the Roofers Coffee Shop.

August 16, 2020 at 5:17 a.m.

RoofDude

Mike,

I talk to Tom once in awhile on FB.  He's still a great story teller, & pretty funny most of the time.  Same platform I chat with Dr Roof, & Sean.  Sean is still very fond of little daddy yum yums, & irish whiskey. 

Paul still likes to tease me about a tattoo I got 15+ yrs ago but, I notice he's been in the gym working out pretty hard. He must be anticipating us meeting up again one day...lol. 

I'm still riding my poor handling, loud, obnoxious, never leaning motorcycle as often as I can.   Though, I've joined the Grandpa club so, I put a fairing on it last year. It's a great bug collector.  I had real good intentions of riding up to MI this summer to see a friend of mine but, the zombie apocalypse seems to have nixed that.  I had hoped to stop in NP & have lunch with ya.  Doesn't look like it's gonna happen this year now. 

Hurricane Anita is pretty much just a tropical storm these days but, every so often if the conditions are just right, she reaches CAT 3 or 4 status.  Depends on the topic...lol.  

As I creep closer to 10yrs in the boonies full time, I continue to be blessed.  One of the best decisions I've ever made.  Leaving the concrete jungle improved my life tremendously.  Was a pretty ballsy move at the time but, it has certainly panned out.  I'm content that my next move, will be to the cemetery.  Hopefully not for another 20-30 yrs ;)

I look forward to the next time we meet up, whenever that is.  I still brag about your ribs.  Almost activated a CAT 3 once over that....hahahaha.  Although, Anita has really upped her rib game.  One of my boys has even gotten into it.  Pretty darn good cooks a couple of em are.  I'm convinced they are all bound & determined to make me fat.  I resist as best I can but, eventually they're gonna get me.  

Until next time my friend.  

August 15, 2020 at 7:08 p.m.

Mike H

Pretty stellar stroll down the ol' memory lane, Andy. 

The plane flew, Bull has been through the grinder, I'm not even king of my own household anymore, and the plane is STILL flying today. 

Adams really sprays foam?   I thought all this covid nonsense was predicting the end of civilization, now i know the world is ending soon. 

Haven't heard from Tom Hay in a good while. Maybe he choked on candy striper?  

Thank you Heidi!!

August 15, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.

hje@ellsworth.us

RoofDude, you made my day.  Welcome back and thank you for the amazing post!!  We will see what we can do to let all the people you mentioned know you are here. :)  Heidi

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MRCA - Banner - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad