User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Will the plane fly??

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Tropical Roofer

A plane is standing on a large treadmill or conveyor belt. The plane moves in one direction, while the conveyor moves in the opposite direction. This conveyor has a control system that tracks the plane speed and tunes the speed of the conveyor to be exactly the same (but in the opposite direction). Can the plane take off?

April 10, 2016 at 7:03 p.m.

RoofDude

Mike H Said: With a 177 mph headwind, it will hover over the treadmill with minimal engine thrust.

With a rope, tied one end to a fixed solid ground-based object and the other end to the planes tail, it will not fly unless the engine thrust breaks the rope.

Otherwise, it will take off, just like any other plane, as the spinning treadmill will not be able to exert any force against the plane, UNLESS the wheel bearings fry from the zero to gazzillion speed that the magic treadmill accellerates to, in an effort to stop the plane. But, since the treadmill is exerting force against a free-spinning wheel, and the jet engines are exerting force against the unseen mass of air that we all love and breathe, the plane will push forward, accellerate, and lift-off.

If the plane has wheel bearings made from RF85, treadmill is TOAST. (If you dont know what RF85 is, Google it. Its amazing)

End of debate, unless Anita comes back. :)

:laugh: B)

Was a funny conversation the first time around...hahaha

April 10, 2016 at 3:34 p.m.

Old School

It has been about a week. It was getting slower and slower and finally it would not load at all. I had to wait about 15 minutes to make the third post up and then I couldn't make any. I emailed Vickie. and she figured it out. Glad to be back.

April 9, 2016 at 11:03 p.m.

Old School

Hey, it is working again! I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I couldn't get the site to work for me. Welcome back!

April 6, 2016 at 5:23 p.m.

Old School

I don't know if the plane will ever fly, but something is wrong with the site. It took it about 10 minutes to boot up and 5 minutes to get back here. Hey vicky, fix it or I can't get on. Old school. It is s l o w !

April 5, 2016 at 3:18 p.m.

Mike H

With a 177 mph headwind, it will hover over the treadmill with minimal engine thrust.

With a rope, tied one end to a fixed solid ground-based object and the other end to the plane's tail, it will not fly unless the engine thrust breaks the rope.

Otherwise, it will take off, just like any other plane, as the spinning treadmill will not be able to exert any force against the plane, UNLESS the wheel bearings fry from the zero to gazzillion speed that the magic treadmill accellerates to, in an effort to stop the plane. But, since the treadmill is exerting force against a free-spinning wheel, and the jet engines are exerting force against the unseen mass of air that we all love and breathe, the plane will push forward, accellerate, and lift-off.

If the plane has wheel bearings made from RF85, treadmill is TOAST. (If you don't know what RF85 is, Google it. It's amazing)

End of debate, unless Anita comes back. :)

March 31, 2016 at 8:48 a.m.

robert

No it wont it looks like a cartoon it never flew ever! :laugh:

March 29, 2016 at 11:09 a.m.

andyrosco

The wheels should turn, but it would helpful to be facing a 170 mph headwind.

March 8, 2016 at 5:51 p.m.

CIAK

The answer ,sneak onto the plane into first class and busy yourself finding out how many cocktails they will serve while waiting for the treadmill to start. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

March 2, 2016 at 5:19 p.m.

Old School

It is most excellent!

February 29, 2016 at 10:26 p.m.

clvr83

Nice drawring :)

February 29, 2016 at 8:47 a.m.

Old School

That is a 747. It is too big to take off!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO