User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Wild Kingdom

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

wywoody

Sorry for the confusion, guys. Never try to post something just before you need to go somewhere, there isn't any way to abandon ship if the post fails.

It isn't roofing, but things have been slow on here. I went to close a window at home when I spotted an opossum running across my yard in broad daylight. I was thinking how brazen the small critters have gotten since my dog (the cigar chomper)passed away about a month ago, when a bald eagle swooped down, caught the opossum by the back and carried it about 15', then landed and quickly began eating. I went and grabbed my camera.

Unfortunately, I thought I needed a better picture and went outside and spooked the eagle up into a neighbors tree, where it was spotted by a couple of crows and harassed. Now I'm stuck with a rotting possum carcass. [IMG]http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu195/GWMiller/579782b2-458d-44c9-b78e-07687fee620c_zpsu7ollqbw.jpg[/IMG]

June 16, 2017 at 9:34 a.m.

wywoody

I think if my wife knew a snake was loose in the house, it would be listed for sale the next day.

June 16, 2017 at 6:46 a.m.

clvr83

You gotta love the country. I've had experiences with both animals on my property recently. Spooked a bald eagle in my front yard a few weeks ago. I was less than fifty feet away.

The opossum we were fine with. It would eat dog food and ticks from what I've heard. We let it be. And let it be. Then it got into the dog food bag somehow. I unknowingly stuck my hand in there three times scooping food with it inside. When I rolled up the bag it started resisting.

I've got kids so the next day opossum was no more.

Oh and the snake in the house last week. I try not to say this too often but WTF!

ps: It's still in here somewhere...

June 13, 2017 at 8:21 p.m.

egg

It's a dexterity test. Hard to click on that thing.

I think Woody's either letting us know he's been going through an enigmatic period or else he could be pointing out a new roofing speck.

Sometimes connecting the dots can be very much like one hand clapping.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sherwin-Williams - Banner Ad - Roofing Passport
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Readyslate Sidebar Ad
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad