User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Westlake ad corrected size
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Why Snow Guards Are Important On Metal Roofs

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Roofscape

April 17, 2024 at 1:55 p.m.

anaiqueen23

Snow guards are crucial on metal roofs for several reasons, especially when it comes to vehicles. Just like in automotive design, where aerodynamics and stability are paramount, snow guards ensure the safety and functionality of vehicles parked or moving beneath metal roofs during snowy conditions. https://www.ngrperformance.com/collections/turbo-filters/products/6435mb-bk

1. Safety: In the automotive world, safety is non-negotiable. Similarly, snow guards on metal roofs prevent sudden and potentially dangerous avalanches of snow and ice, reducing the risk of accidents or damage to vehicles parked below.

2. Protection: Just as cars require protection from external elements like debris and weather, vehicles parked under metal roofs need safeguarding too. Snow guards prevent large chunks of snow and ice from sliding off the roof and potentially causing dents, scratches, or even structural damage to vehicles.

3. Functionality: Snow guards help maintain the functionality of vehicles by ensuring they remain accessible and operational, even during heavy snowfall. Without snow guards, accumulated snow and ice could block access to vehicles, impede visibility, or even damage exterior features like antennas or roof racks.

4. Durability: Automotive enthusiasts know the importance of durability in vehicle components. Similarly, snow guards add durability to metal roofs by preventing the formation of ice dams, which can compromise the integrity of the roof and lead to leaks or structural damage over time.

5. Peace of Mind: Just as drivers value peace of mind on the road, property owners and vehicle owners alike appreciate the assurance that comes with knowing their vehicles are protected under a metal roof equipped with snow guards. It allows them to focus on enjoying their vehicles without worrying about snow-related hazards.

March 24, 2013 at 9:58 a.m.

Roofscape

My dear friend Mike. Man it's good to see ya.

Ya things are looking up but it wasn't my feet that I landed on. My feet ARE the problem. I can still walk but not for long. Doctors can't do anything else shy of prosthetics. I told them a few years ago "No more surgeries and no more drugs!" I already have titanium ears and bones. Don't wanna go thru it ever again.

So these days I sit at the desk and use my creativity and artistic skells (- had to misspell it intentionally because of stupid filter) working on websites, graphics, etc. I don't make any money at it but it keeps me occupied. About 5 years ago I had a few fantastic ideas that I've been slowly sculpting my way into a business. I link green tech with automotive power systems.

Our first project will be seen on kickstarter.com and indiegogo.com this fall. It's already gotten the attention of Tesla Motors, Ford and Dana Holding. So we're very excited.

Old School - I didn't even see that video. Hilarious.

GKRFG - Ya, Traverse City is amazingly beautiful. Send me a PM when you come up. I'll buy ya a coffee and chat your ear off. Would join ya at the wineries but I don't drink. Accomodations are easy. When your ready just give me a PM and it will hit my email.

March 23, 2013 at 5:19 p.m.

Mike H

Glad to see you've landed on your feet.

Trust you're doing well, Jeff?

March 22, 2013 at 6:36 p.m.

Old School

Yeah, I wonder how much that guy charged the owner to "shovel" the snow off the roof.

March 22, 2013 at 8:36 a.m.

Roofscape

The pictures show the snow accumulation of the 2013 season. It's not just from one storm. The bottom picture was taken late December and it's much worse now. The average snow accumualtion away from the snow pile is about 2 feet.

This is my cabin up near Traverse City, Michigan. Little fixer upper that I purchased about a year ago. The previous owner put a new standing seam on it right before he put it on the market. :(

Most of that would have melted naturally if the house was occupied and had the furnace running 24/7. But it still poses a major problem if you want to order pizza or get in the attached 2 car garage. I have not planted anything in the front yet. This spring I will throw in some greenery and add some snow guards to the front of the house.

March 21, 2013 at 7:50 p.m.

Old School

Knocks hell out of your bushes if there are any there, but on the other hand, you don't want that much weight on the roof either. Kind of "self" shoveling. I hope no one was beneath it when it went. Here is another way to clear off your roof.

http://www.flixxy.com/epic-win-roof-snow-clearing.htm#.UUuqjldXoXQ

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EagleView Assess -  Banner Ad - Visualizer
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2