User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

When Roofer Knocks On Door (Insurance Company SURPRISE!) Guess What May Happen Soon?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

carribbeandreams2004

Very soon (it is actually happening already in many areas of the USA) when the door to door storm chaser knocks on the homeowner's door and offers a FREE hail damage inspection due to the recent hailstorm, when the roofer tells the homeowner about the claim, and the homeowner calls their insurance company to report the claim - Guess What The Insurance Co. Tells the Homeowner? If you use our contractor we guarantee their repairs. This is how the isurance company is going to put pressure on YOU the contractor to pay their rate or close to it. Of course you can try to fight the insurance company. After you refuse the adjusters "fair offer" and he tells you that he can get the job done for his price using another contractor and you tell the adjuster to go to hell. Then the adjuster will tell the homeowner that he refuses to deal with you and tell the homeowner that he has a preferred contractor NOT a Storm Chaser that will do the work. How do you overcome this? Well you gotta buy my book. :P

February 16, 2010 at 10:04 a.m.

Terry D

Dreams,

I have been reading your posts and every one sounds angry. Most of them are peppered with unacceptable language and a self-appointed superiority that I am not at all sure you deserve. Although I read nearly everything I get my hands on, I believe I would have a difficult time reading anything that was written in the manner that you post here.

February 13, 2010 at 9:57 a.m.

carribbeandreams2004

Obama is going to give all of the illegals amnesty. Then the will be living 15 to a house and working for $20 square labor and the insurance companies will buy the materials in bulk and give it to them for FREE. So remember in November if you want to compete against this nightmare just vote Democraps!

February 13, 2010 at 9:54 a.m.

carribbeandreams2004

WTF is this supposed to be? Are you trying to quote an Xactimate breakdown. Oh you did not get the memo; State Farm and several other insurance companies have their OWN "STATE FARM, NATIONWIDE, etc..." price lists that are NOT the same as those used by regular Xactimate users. It is within Xactimate so as a contractor you mistakenly believe you are on the same page as the insurance company but you are not. What is even worse now is that Xactimate is changing for the better for insurance companies. I was at the meeting with the President of Xactimate, Crawford & Co, and MetLife P&C where they said "We have a desire to implement a Preferred Contractor Program to Save $$$. Xactimate said "Well whenever, however, wherever, you BIG Insurance Companies, want to save money we will help you. We will even kiss your asses and take out the knee pads if you ask us". So where do YOU think that leaves YOU - Contractor?

February 13, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.

carribbeandreams2004

So you are a local roofer. You knock on the door. You are NOT the preferred contractor. The insurance company says we will guarantee the work of our "Preferred Contractor" NOT the work of ANYONE else. Now what are you gonna do? True Story. Nationwide is doing this in Ohio now and many other companies are doing it too. What the insurance companies are doing is taking CONTROL. There are 17 states in the USA where you do not even have to be licensed to work as an adjuster. So the insurance companies are SCREWING ROOFERS and Independent adjusters BOTH out of work in order to save money. The "Preferred Contractor" scopes the claim for the insurance company and sells the insured a roof. It is a "Lay Down Sale" actually it is not even that. It is an order taker job because the homeowner/insured has already agreed to obey the insurance company inside adjuster and claims csr.

February 13, 2010 at 9:00 a.m.

robert

Ive found my crew,know wheres the storm damage

February 13, 2010 at 8:55 a.m.

robert

DRYWALL PAINTING ROOF FRE ESTIMATE (ALL AREA)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: 2010-02-13, 7:01AM CST Reply to: @craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRYWALL 0.45 SQ FT

CERAMIC 1.50SQf

ROOF 50SQ

PAINTING

FENCE

SANTOS local craigslist ad!

February 13, 2010 at 8:45 a.m.

robert

P Twilly you know Obamas deporting all the sobs and the Insurance companys lose in courtrooms cause nobody likes them.We are actually getting in on a prefered vendor list with one insurance company,maybe i can go around the country with a 100 sobs and reap my millions? Wheres pocketkangs when i need him?

February 13, 2010 at 8:33 a.m.

robert

Most guys knocking on doors are not real roofing companys to begin with and if it helps get rid of storm chasers im all for it!

February 13, 2010 at 12:31 a.m.

carribbeandreams2004

I have been out of insurance sales for 12 years but I have been considering going back to it because I been doing so great selling roofs. Well I was talking to a woman at an insurance agency in Atlanta, Georgia and she told me that some insurance companies want to create homeowner insurance policies that only pay ACV on the roof. Wow. That would SUCK! All the starving General Contractors who switched from building to roofing would really have a hard time and all the rest of us would actually have to learn how to 1. Sell cause we could NOT easily earn $$$ as storm chasers when people must pay the difference between ACV + RCV + Their Deductible as it will be Impossible to Wave A Ded on an ACV Only policy. Plus many of these people do not even have full time jobs. So selling a roof to broke people is gonna be DAMN HARD. :woohoo:

February 13, 2010 at 12:24 a.m.

carribbeandreams2004

I attended a seminar between Crawford & Co, MetLife Property & Casualty and your Xactimate Pals. Well guess what? Xactimate is transitioning from an estimating software into a Claims Management Software. Do you know what Claims Management means? Well for those (hopefully few) that do not know what claims management means think HMO and the man who dies because the insurance company was more concerned about saving $$$ than paying for lifesaving medical care. I actually watched a video of a woman testifying before Congress who had an entry level clerk job as a low level claims rep ended up getting promoted to upper management along with a 6 figure income for saving the insurance company money on claims. She said that she once denied a man a $50,000 operation that might have saved his life and (it helped her get promoted and gave her more money but) that it bothers her conscience that he died, as a result of her claim denial.

February 13, 2010 at 12:17 a.m.

carribbeandreams2004

Well as a roofing salesman I had a pissing contest with the adjuster and I lost. There are other reasons I lost other than the pissing contest, such as customer service, the roofer I worked for at the time was and still is a piece of shit. But anyway..... I have figured out a lot of good ideas that work to save a job as a result of that experience.

February 12, 2010 at 10:50 p.m.

Alba

I've noticed insurance rates are reasonable.contractors using excatimate software make a decent profit.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Johns Manville - TPO- Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Maven Group SIdebar Ad