User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

When it rains it pours

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jfreynik

Spent 4 hours in the hospital yesterday with severe pain. Seems I have a kidney stone. I thought I was going to die from the pain. Passed it today finally but I feel sick as a dog. To make matters worse some crazy customer comes to my house and demands her money back. If you remember the job I talked about the person canceled after signing a contract and giving me a $6500.00 deposit for special order cca treated wood shingles. I told I would help her load them into her car. She didn't see the humor in it. I told her If I sell them I'll give her money back and not until then. This lady drove 30 miles.>>>

May 22, 2009 at 6:47 p.m.

jfreynik

We settled it today. I gave her the shingles and a check for the difference less $200.00 for delivery and stacking. I'm glad it's over. I hurt my arm doing it though. 48 bundles of cca treated wood shingles get very heavy after you carry a few. these were wet so they went about 90 lbs. or more each.>>>

April 27, 2009 at 12:12 a.m.

egg

I agree with HoP. As galling as it might be, I would take her material to her and I would do it politely.>>>

April 26, 2009 at 9:52 p.m.

Roof Doctors USA

I would actually deliver the materials. Let suppose she decides to sue you, that fact that she received the shingles for her money IMO would help bulletproof your position. OTH, if she sues you and you've given her nothing for the money you received as a deposit, there is a greater chance that a judge would award her something (i.e. a refund).

>>>

April 25, 2009 at 11:02 a.m.

JET

CIAK Said: If you were smart enough to understand my post , Then this is a rhetorical question and no answer is expected . I hope so because that means you are becoming maybe a little smarter than the bag of rocks you have painted yourself to be. ;) ;)

Please Chucky........stop the preachin', you're out of that business now too, remember?

JET>>>

April 25, 2009 at 11:01 a.m.

JET

Copperman Said: Sick as a dog now. I got an infection from the stone. I was as big as the lead in a pencil. As far as the crazy lady I think when I can go back to work Ill load them up and drop them in her driveway. She can deal with them any way she wants too. Unless anybody here want to buy them ;)

Don't bother, just send her a certified letter stating she can pick up her shingles at her convenience.......plus, you won't charge her the $50 a day storage fee that's been adding up since the contract was signed. Oh yea, explain by her picking up HER shingles she's negating your agreement with both parties satisfied. See what happens then........

JET>>>

April 24, 2009 at 6:41 p.m.

jfreynik

Sick as a dog now. I got an infection from the stone. I was as big as the lead in a pencil. As far as the crazy lady I think when I can go back to work I'll load them up and drop them in her driveway. She can deal with them any way she wants too. Unless anybody here want to buy them ;)>>>

April 24, 2009 at 10:20 a.m.

CIAK

If you were smart enough to understand my post , Then this is a rhetorical question and no answer is expected . I hope so because that means you are becoming maybe a little smarter than the bag of rocks you have painted yourself to be. ;) ;)>>>

April 24, 2009 at 9:31 a.m.

JET

CIAK Said: Copperman I think you found the cure for the crazy customer,.. down payments up front money. The Media and govt agencies around here put out bulletins not to give contractors money in advance. For the most part they are right because some of the contractors in these times take the money and run . If your customer base trust you and your decision is to work with them Get that up front money as Old School says Keeps em honest leverage . !!!

Do you get the money "up front" Chucky? ;) ;) You can't trust some of those stormers 'ya know.

JET>>>

April 24, 2009 at 7:23 a.m.

CIAK

Copperman I think you found the cure for the crazy customer,.. down payments up front money. The Media and govt agencies around here put out bulletins not to give contractors money in advance. For the most part they are right because some of the contractors in these times take the money and run . If your customer base trust you and your decision is to work with them Get that up front money as Old School says " Keeps em honest " leverage . !!!>>>

April 24, 2009 at 6:55 a.m.

Jed

Here's to a speedy recovery Copperman.

>>>

April 23, 2009 at 7:35 p.m.

Old School

The "lady" drove another 30 miles home. That is why I get a deposit up front before I start a job. It helps to keep them honest!>>>

April 23, 2009 at 6:11 p.m.

CIAK

getridofkidneystones.com this is real,,,,,,,, now let see if we can come up with a process that getridofcrazycustomers.com ;)>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad