User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

What kinda shingle is this?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

mnhomeguy

I am trying to identify a shingle for a customer facing a insurance claim. It is a dragon's tooth style I guess but thinner like a 3-tab. It does have differant exposures and widths to the differant tabs. Idealy I could attach a photo however I cant seem to figure out how to. Its about 20 years old. The adjustor wrote it up as a 30yr however I am hopping it may be a 40yr due to the depreciation. Any one have any ideas? Or know how to show the picture?>>>

August 12, 2009 at 5:33 p.m.

CIAK

I'm thinking Rustic Ramparts J/M circa 1985 - 87>>>

August 12, 2009 at 5:27 p.m.

robert

Sounds like a shingle we put on some condos in houston 20 years ago,doubt they more then a 25 year warranty.If they have RCV policy depreciation is irrelevent,you will just have to wait till your done.Is it the orignal roof on the house then thats what they will base the depreciation on age of the house.>>>

August 11, 2009 at 2:31 p.m.

Mike M.

Sounds like a chapparal, I think owens corning, not sure on manufacturer though, been a while.>>>

August 11, 2009 at 1:42 p.m.

CIAK

I'm thinking , JM or Celotex Rustics ?????? something . Not made any more . It was a 3-or 4 tab with a staggered edge that was intermittent and exposed a lot of fasteners when install at new construction speeds by carpenters and new bee's . Stopped production that I know of back in the mid to later 80's>>>

August 11, 2009 at 1:36 p.m.

highsky

mnhomeguy Said: I am trying to identify a shingle for a customer facing a insurance claim. It is a dragons tooth style I guess but thinner like a 3-tab. It does have differant exposures and widths to the differant tabs. Idealy I could attach a photo however I cant seem to figure out how to. Its about 20 years old. The adjustor wrote it up as a 30yr however I am hopping it may be a 40yr due to the depreciation. Any one have any ideas? Or know how to show the picture?
mnhomeguy Said: Somewhat like a grand canyon/sequoia however not as thick as those. More like a 3-tab in thickness.

Sounds like it could be the old ''Bird & Son '' staggered eedge shingle they made approx. 25 years age. Just a thought.>>>

August 11, 2009 at 1:32 p.m.

mnhomeguy

Somewhat like a grand canyon/sequoia however not as thick as those. More like a 3-tab in thickness.>>>

August 11, 2009 at 1:27 p.m.

Jed

Go to GAF's web site, take a look at the coupla different style shingles and get a name for it would be your best bet.>>>

August 11, 2009 at 1:25 p.m.

Jed

.....dragons tooth style...??>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos