User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

What did you do for Valentines?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

I have been singing in a Barbershop Chorus for about 3 years now and every year we do singing valentines. We send out quartets in Tuxedos with a rose and a card and sing to the ladies. The whole thing costs $50.00 and it is a LOT of fun. I sold 2 this year, one where my wife works at a preschool, and another at an insurance agency. I got to step in and sing at both of them for one song and passed out the roses to all of the women. 20 roses, and a whole lot of singing and fun. It can't get any better than that.

February 17, 2017 at 10:06 p.m.

Lefty1

Wrote my wife a letter, telling why I went out with her in the first place, and it was a good decision. Watching her with our grandkids brings it all back.

February 17, 2017 at 7:39 p.m.

Old School

Tom, that makes it a win/ win then. Glad it is working out. Hey, if you have any time, you should look up the closest barbershop chorus down there and go and sit in with them. It is a blast.

February 16, 2017 at 8:46 a.m.

Old School

Gosh Twill, I am not trying to make anyone feel bad! I just had fun with it and if I was able to spread a little cheer and joy at the same time, I thought it was a win/win situation. I am pretty much always happy because I choose to be.

February 15, 2017 at 3:45 p.m.

Old School

Yeah, the $50.00 is a heck of a deal. It is for 1 rose per session, and we charge $5.00 for each additional rose. I think we did 43 of them yesterday, with some being larger gigs that paid up to $200.00. It is a fund raiser for us, and we are a non profit too, so we give away all that we "make". It is an effort to serve the community and to also expand out the recognition of the barbershop sound. It is great fun all around though and the looks that you get are priceless. People stop and listen wherever they are at when we start to sing.

the little children in my wife's preschool class really enjoyed it. We are literally 5 feet from them and they get to see and hear everything.There were also two Chinese college age girls there that were doing some teaching of Chinese to the youngsters and they got to sit in and listen. We gave both of them roses too, so they got to experience some of our culture. They asked if they had to give the flowers back! What fun. I just enjoy the heck out of singing and the sound that the quartet gives out.

February 15, 2017 at 9:50 a.m.

wywoody

Profit wise, I hope you are better at pricing your roofing jobs than this barbershop enterprise is. ;)

February 15, 2017 at 6:20 a.m.

clvr83

My intelligent and beautiful wife normally see's a few RCS pages left open on the computer through the week. That won't be happening with this one.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Depot - Banner Ad - Supply the whole roofing job
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad