User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Website Budget

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

clvr83

Just got a quote for a new mobile optimized website and WOW. $5k was a bit much for me. I already have all of the content but they were going to spruce up the pictures and do a complete and amazing job, this I'm sure. They are good, and very good with SEO.

I built my current site but it's not mobile optimized and it's having some key problems with SEO, which I'm now aware of and will fix.

What's everybody else think? I have a great word of mouth reputation and run a seven man crew so it doesn't take an enormous amount to keep me busy. I'm just digesting a large pill and wondering if other guys eat that kind of a charge.

December 13, 2015 at 9:44 a.m.

clvr83

I built my current site. I really like it but it's not great for SEO or mobile. It has a mobile conversion, but it's very hard to navigate. Mobile users bounce from my website consistently. Vaa: I'm fair with websites, but when I consider the time I've invested in it, this is more worthwhile.

Fiverr is a decent resource, but I've had to wade through some garbage to get something decent.

This is a professional firm, plus I think paying them will actually bring me a few customers considering how big they are in this area. With the discount he is throwing me(50%) I'm going for it. This also includes hosting, fixing pictures, quarterly updates based on user flow, and free updates to increase traffic.

December 12, 2015 at 5:36 p.m.

Lefty1

Check out Fiverr.com

You should be able to make your site mobile ready.

I have paid $5,000 twice in the past 8 years. The last time was because we hired a marketing company and had them design a new site to go along with our marketing.

December 12, 2015 at 6:59 a.m.

clvr83

Thanks. I've actually seen the roofwebs before. I'm wanting to keep my fundage local. Also, that's the face value, I'm getting a very hefty discount because I used to work there in my college days. I've talked to other people he built a site for and that's what he charges.

The most important part is the SEO built in, and the mobile functionality. We are also doing free quarterly updates based on analytics of usage.

There is another guy here in town who uses Google Analytics only puts his own brand on it and hands it to the customer as if he did something. He also charges almost double the figure I quoted.

December 10, 2015 at 6:43 p.m.

mastersroofing

$5,000 is pretty stiff if you already have most of the content and images you are looking to post. mobile optimization is pretty simple. to take your current site and mobile optimize it would probably be about $400 or so. A new site would depend on how extensive but most of the ones I have seen are in the $1,500 to $2,000 range for roofing.

Chuck http://www.masterswa.com/roofers-edmonds.php

December 10, 2015 at 7:32 a.m.

RoofDude

Try these guys.... http://roofwebs.com/

Builds sites, optimizes, etc... pretty affordable too.

December 9, 2015 at 6:29 a.m.

clvr83

I wrote this post with a turning stomach. I was still in sticker shock. I would have d it but you'd already posted by the time I returned home from a short trip. I'm not the type to take to facebook to moan and complain, but this might have been a similar action.

Currently I get a ton of "bounces" on the website, many of them mobile. If I could turn 1/3 of bounces in to leads, and 1/3 of those are leads I want, then that's looking very promising.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo