User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Venting

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

tico

it's one thing when their is hail damage.most storm chasers want to stick around after they've sucked up the real damage,then get neighborhoods with margainal(which by my standard is nothing that should be replaced)damage. thats where the shingle is barely scuffed.they will rub out spots.some have bolts through the toe and heel.when they inspect the roof they don't even bend over. they will damage the roof as they measure. then they will run through the 3 in-house adj.'s and then get an independent.he's gonna push the job. we've got to get the ins. co's to reformulate their plan of replacement. many of the areas that get storms are the same places year after year. I've seen dimensional roofs that are 2-3 myears old get replaced,that by God could have gone 4-5 more years without water infiltrating. scuffed shingles that have the granules knocked off without being dented will last A few years more. I think the ins. co's. could do themselves A favor and allow the homeowner that they will get A new roof. create some type of program that makes it ok to potpone the replacement over the next 2 years. what this would do is put the work off,the roof will see 2-3 more storm seasons and then create the timeline so that it does not correspond with hail season. if you kick the rebuild into the off season the chasers have no way of being able to re-locate for standard replacements. I worked for one of the largest co.s out there.they made me realize one very important fact. it is no longer A trade it is A corporate industry.>>>

July 23, 2009 at 6:35 a.m.

Jed

..........no Tom.... you need somebody who's bent who REPRESENTS an insurance company..>>>

July 22, 2009 at 9:58 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

We discuss this a lot over here and other forums.

Stick around and you will learn a lot of good information and misinformation.

It will be up to you to see which points of view are correct and steer you the right way.

I have been in the exact same boat as you, so i know how you feel.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Ed>>>

July 22, 2009 at 7:37 p.m.

Handnail

CIAK Said: Handnail You said you have been in this area 1988 . Now there was a hail storm in your area in 2008 . If these facts are true . Im a little confused as to why you never got a call for hail damage . Have you invested you time in some insurance programs . I cant imagine you not being aware of insurance work unless this was an isolated storm . I have been sounding the clarion The future of residential business is insurance money. I base this claim ( no pun intended )When children used to be the insurance company of their parents . Back in the day children 9 or 10 were usually paying their own way in the house. During my lifetime families have become smaller and so less children more insurance dependence. As families grow smaller and further apart insurance has been used more and more against risk . IMO

Thanks for the reply! I lost my internet service for a while. The reason i didnt get the calls is because there was no damage. These homeowners dont know what storm damage is. There just lookin for free home improvements. This is a scam.>>>

July 22, 2009 at 7:09 p.m.

CIAK

Handnail You said you have been in this area 1988 . Now there was a hail storm in your area in 2008 . If these facts are true . I'm a little confused as to why you never got a call for hail damage . Have you invested you time in some insurance programs . I can't imagine you not being aware of insurance work unless this was an isolated storm . I have been sounding the clarion The future of residential business is insurance money. I base this claim ( no pun intended )When children used to be the insurance company of their parents . Back in the day children 9 or 10 were usually paying their own way in the house. During my lifetime families have become smaller and so less children more insurance dependence. As families grow smaller and further apart insurance has been used more and more against risk . IMO>>>

July 22, 2009 at 6:55 p.m.

Old School

You got cut off. That should make you even madder. Welcome to the "Storm chasers" way of life.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)