User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick XFR - July
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Update on Tinner

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie

I got an email from his bride LouAnn this morning...

"He is doing well, sitting up, had dinner consisting of broth cranberry juice and boost. He eats a lot of ice. Flirting with his nurse, he like this one, he didn't like the one he had all weekend, neither did I, we had words last night. Frank does have a temporary pace maker, the wire was bad & her roaming aroung facebooking and God know what else she was doing.. his Pace maker cuts off & they only have 10 seconds to fix it or he is dead. So his still isn't totally out of the woods yet. Keep the prayers going."

"This is now Tues. morning, & Frank is doing well still very weak. but has been taken for a little walk yesterday. Last evening when I got to the hospital he was sitting up eating dinner which consisted of beef broth. breeze, jello, cranberry juice & ice tea. He ate every thing but the beef broth - he does not like it and because they gave him beef instead of chicken for lunch. Every day he is getting better. I'll keep in touch."

Lou

March 27, 2015 at 7:27 p.m.

tinner666

I'll call you Mike. :)

March 27, 2015 at 9:08 a.m.

Mike H

:laugh: I'm glad I could help brighten a dreary day. You get that roof lined up to build in shop, and I'll be there if there's any way possible. I would LOVE to do that.

To borrow a Morgan Freeman line from the end of one of my all-time favorites, "The Shawshank Redemption"..... Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'.

Let's just scratch the last half of that line, eh?

:)

March 26, 2015 at 11:05 p.m.

tinner666

:laugh: Thanks Mike, I needed the uplifting you offer. Who knows, I could pop off tomorrow and make you feel like it was worth it. :laugh: We did have some fun and I wish we could spend some time together on a slate or copper roof, or just preplanning a roof by laying out a pattern on the floor of the shop and pre-making everything needed. I hope to be doing that exact thing soon for a guy who needs a consultant. I can teach even if I only have the use of one arm for the next couple of months. (Left is out of commission now.) :( Hmm, maybe I should get Lefty to do my heavy work now. :)

March 26, 2015 at 4:59 p.m.

Mike H

This is going to be such a difficult chapter to write in my memoirs. All I can really think of is a way to try and tie into the common problem we all have. LABOR!

I think I would have titled this chapter: "The Franklin Mint" for Frank certainly has been a unique part of the flavor here.

The story was all going real good, ya know. There was the set-up to the story, Frank himself, Mr. Hot sauce, and hotter stories, hard livin' catchin' up on the old salty soul... There was tragedy...Gonna die any day. There was heroism... Two guys drop life and run to his side. There was irony... Coming from hundreds of miles apart, they arrive 30 seconds of each other. There were stories from a Great visit. There was action... All nearly killed in downtown Richmond traffic. There was drama... Long tearful goodbyes. ..... and then in a catastrophic collapse of the drama, at the end chapter, the guy has the freekin' nerve not to die.

Good help is so hard to find. ;)

March 26, 2015 at 8:34 a.m.

andy

Was thinking of you yesterday morning . . . good to see you are on the mend.

March 25, 2015 at 11:17 p.m.

tinner666

Made it through. Got a pacemaker yesterday and home within 20 hours. Sore as all get out since I refused pain meds. All seems well, but they verified my upper chamber is basically dead. I guess if I dislodge the wire, I'll slow, get tired, fall asleep and go whereever I'm supposed to go in the hereafter. :)

Be carful guys, we can't fix everything with a hammer.

March 15, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.

Old School

Welcome to the Springtime. Glad to hear you are still kicking.

March 15, 2015 at 9:36 a.m.

tinner666

Still kicking. Just haven't been posting much. Don't go back in until the 23rd. of this month. Getting a pacemaker then. Whoopeee...

March 8, 2015 at 10:31 a.m.

tinner666

Lefty Said: Hello Frank,

Glad to hear you are doing well. I have been sick myself on and off since you called. Could not fully recover because of some dental work I need done. I will give you a call next week.

Sorry to hear it. Get well Bud! Call any time.

March 6, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.

Lefty1

Hello Frank,

Glad to hear you are doing well. I have been sick myself on and off since you called. Could not fully recover because of some dental work I need done. I will give you a call next week.

March 6, 2015 at 2:36 p.m.

tinner666

Organizing the pix! Check! Rebuilding the site? Not yet, though I have WebEasy to do so. I just can't wrap around it yet.

March 6, 2015 at 2:25 p.m.

vickie

Keep your chin up. Now you can organize all your photos or upgrade your website or invent something. Just don't reach for anything!

March 5, 2015 at 9:14 p.m.

Old School

Hey Frank Hang in there and keep on looking at the mistakes of the roofers. It will make you mad enough to want to get back up there and that will keep you with us.

March 5, 2015 at 5:01 p.m.

tinner666

Well, more testing today. Had a few Wed. also. Back in on Mon. for consult, more tests and a pacemaker install is expected to be done next week too. It could even be Mon. Another 6 weeks of inactivity and no reaching allowed. :( Dropped in on some of my nurses and they seemed glad to see me and all said I was steadier on my feet. I can hike all around Costco for an hour or so to exercise and pretend I'm shopping. B)

February 26, 2015 at 3:58 p.m.

andy

The stress of uncertainty, especially for the female gender of the human race, is a real challenge . . . as you recover and demonstrate that you intend to be around for the long haul, she will recover as well. Keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Construction Solutions - Banner Ad - Where do you like to get your training from manufacturers?
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest