User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Update

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

Got up and cleared Oak debris off roof. 100 yr Oaks are beautiful and provide shade in the hot summer. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

March 1, 2015 at 2:15 p.m.

CIAK

Here is how the panels are attached.

B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

February 28, 2015 at 11:24 a.m.

clvr83

Seems logical, and bulletproof. So I assume that everything is riveted together on the flats and then fastened on the upper slope wings.

February 28, 2015 at 11:23 a.m.

RoofDude

Damn fine looking metal roof ya got there CIAK.

February 28, 2015 at 9:17 a.m.

CIAK

24ga Galvalume. The low pitch cricket between the 2 pitches was a major concern for me Notice hose to make source it would drain properly. I installed before metal application an S.A. Modified smooth base, S.A. Smooth cap and metal high heat resistance underlayment In that order. Hemmed joint 3/4 up cricket and urethane. No ice damns here Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day. I'm interested where metal will condensate and drain off roof during humid hot summer. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

February 28, 2015 at 7:43 a.m.

clvr83

That's some nice piece of mind and looks great IMO. Is that painted silver or is it acrylic coated galvalume?

I've installed a couple of these, but still unsure on a couple details as I had to read to learn. Growing up in to a crew was great, but it has the disadvantage of not being able to learn from other leaders(although it was slim pickens for good roofers here in the 90's)

The low pitch still trips me up a little bit, just not sure I trust the metal cleated to each other under an ice load. I could see it working, but would be nervous to install it. So let us know if it leaks :laugh: :laugh:

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

METALCON - Banner - Ticket Giveaway
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS