User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

underlayment for 5v metal

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

roofer54

been a long time since I did a metal roof, is the synthetc underlayment ok for 5v metal, any help would be appreciated

January 24, 2017 at 3:05 a.m.

eligoldman2

You must consider this thing asking from a Roof Repair expert , they will give you better suggestion on this.

January 24, 2017 at 3:04 a.m.

eligoldman2

You must consider this thing asking from a Roof Repair expert , they will give you better suggestion on this.

January 5, 2017 at 5:16 a.m.

inbonrollforming

We believe we are now supplying best & up-to-date machines built in China today and competitive prices comparing to our counterparts throughout the world.

http://forum.rooferscoffeeshop.com/users//

cold roll forming machine metal roofing machine stud and track roll forming machine

June 21, 2016 at 7:06 p.m.

roofer54

Still trying to figure out the best way to cut panels I think I'll try nibblers

June 21, 2016 at 7:03 p.m.

roofer54

Installed with screws I have put some on with nails. Gotta have the touch

June 21, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.

roofer54

Old School Said: Twill, No, Some guys that used to work for me started a metal business about 20 years ago and they do all of the custom bending for me. It works well.

Roofer 54, Really, and how do you not smash the point down when you nail them?

April 17, 2016 at 2:27 p.m.

Old School

Twill, No, Some guys that used to work for me started a metal business about 20 years ago and they do all of the custom bending for me. It works well.

Roofer 54, Really, and how do you not smash the point down when you nail them?

April 14, 2016 at 5:35 a.m.

roofer54

actually the screws are installed at the top of the Vs

April 2, 2016 at 2:52 p.m.

Old School

I buy all of my standing seam from a local distributor. They will come out to the job site and run all of the long pieces if necessary, plus curve them if needed. Other than that, they make it to length and either bring it out or we pick it up depending on how much of it there is. They make all of the accessories and flashing and we put it together. Why have a machine?

March 31, 2016 at 9:06 a.m.

robert

I had my own rollformer from rollformer corp,i sold it because I can get on site service cheaper then I could buy coil and roll myself so it was pointless. The guy that bought it took it to San Antonio where they install material and labor for $350.00 a square on a seamed panel.

March 20, 2016 at 7:13 a.m.

clvr83

It's similar to AG but it's got V's in it to give it a different look. It can't span purlins in 29 gauge, so it's direct to deck only.

March 19, 2016 at 4:51 p.m.

Old School

Look at the top post talking about metal roofs. I forgot to mention 5 V metal. I had never heard of it before. Hmmm..

March 13, 2016 at 9:47 p.m.

Tropical Roofer

I do a lot of metal roofs, mostly 5-V. In the old days we installed it over 30# felt. For the past 10 years or so we've been using Polyglass TU+ or Grace Ice & Watershield.

March 2, 2016 at 9:05 p.m.

Old School

What is "5v" metal. Is that the screwed or nailed down pole barn metal? If so, they put it down over wood purlins on 24 inch centers. No underlayment

March 2, 2016 at 8:11 p.m.

Chuck2

The only underlayment they use for metal roofs around here is the shingles that were already there. However many layers of them there were. :dry:

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

USG - Banner - Fire
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23