Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Travel games

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

Because I travel so much I was thinking about the games my kids would play in the car , before video games . The kids would play punch bug , some of you may know it as punch buggy . Keep score of the red cars blue etc . Licence plates game . What were some of your fav's or your children's ? When I was a kid we would sing found a peanut and a lot of the ad nause-ium obnoxious get your siblings pizzed songs .>>>

September 8, 2009 at 2:05 a.m.

egg

We played that alphabet game til we were good and sick of it. Next trip we'd forget all about the sick part until we got good and sick of it again. We played Slug Bug but the rules were a little more like slapjack or paper/scissors/rock in that If you failed to see a Volkswagon and shout 'Slugbug' whoever did see it and shout got to punch you in the arm. We always got good and sick of that one also. Twenty questions aka animal/mineral/vegetable was good for some miles as was the rhyme game which went like this: The person who was 'it' would say, "I'm thinking of a word that rhymes with 'red.' Let's say, for example, that the word was 'dread.' Someone would then ask, "Is it something you sleep in?' whereupon the it-person would need to say "No, it's not 'bed' or, failing to apprehend the meaning, he would be it again and have to start over with a new word. If someone asked, "Is it a kind of fear?" he was then freed to say, "Yes, it's 'dread'" and the person who guessed it would have to be it. This game could be quite amusing but like all these games, delivered up some serious tedium after awhile. One immortal day my brother who was absolutely fed up with the whole thing, said, "I'm thinking of a word that rhymes with 'toccasin.' It was never the same after that. Lastly, for awhile we had a station wagon with a back window that could be rolled down and you could look out and see the blur of the pavement at sixty miles an hour. We'd make little cowboys out of plastic clay. They would get up on the window ledge and have punching fights until one of them would fall out and disappear on the highway. The winner would get a little mark or a hat or belt or some such reward. If he survived enough fights, he would be quite the champion duded up with all that stuff. You hated to lose them after they got to be a high-ranking gladiator, but you know with plastic clay you could just roll them all up together into one ball and start all over again.>>>

September 7, 2009 at 9:16 p.m.

JWilliams

wywoody that sounds like a pretty fun game to play! Never really played games in the car on trips. My older brother always got car sick so my mom would give him medicine to make him fall asleep! So I normally would just fall asleep myself!>>>

September 7, 2009 at 8:46 p.m.

Roof Doctors USA

wywoody - That's funny. I just remember the bingo type game. We would stop at a truck stop or even some gas stations and you could purchase these bingo cards that were set up like a bingo card but had things like VW, horse, barn, statues, etc. instead of numbers.>>>

September 7, 2009 at 9:10 a.m.

johnny5

Try cribbage or poker with license plate numbers>>>

September 6, 2009 at 4:26 p.m.

wywoody

When I was a teenager I had a VW bus and took many a road trip. (emphasis on trip) Since the top speed of a loaded microbus is about 50, we had lots of time to kill. One of our games was A-hole survey. On two lane roads, as oncoming cars approached we would wave at 10 cars in a row and keep count of how many waved back. Then for the next 10 cars, we would give them a one-fingered salute and see how many responded back and compare the score. I'm lucky I survived those days.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Depot - Banner Ad - Supply the whole roofing job
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad