English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Contractor Outlook Newscast - Curtis McDonald
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Tinkering in the shop today

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jfreynik

Just made a new light to go with my new porch roof.>>>

September 14, 2009 at 2:37 p.m.

jfreynik

Like I said this was originally destine for the scrap pile as it was an experiment on a template but I decided to make it a one of a kind :side: .>>>

September 14, 2009 at 2:17 p.m.

tinner666

I do a cut and fold method so all soldering is on the inside, out of view. For instance, those 45's would have been soldered on the inside. Possibly, they could have been cut square and folded under 1/4" and soldered there.

>>>

September 14, 2009 at 1:05 p.m.

Jed

Right with you on the heavy solder joints Copperman, exactly my thoughts. I used to make humidors (as a hobby) inlaid with a half inch of spanish cedar and the outside sheet copper, the box itself was poplar one by. To decorate and cover solder joints I would sweat brass stripping over them. Turned out quite nice, but heavy. Never sold any but really did'nt try to hard either. Just a thought.>>>

September 13, 2009 at 6:08 p.m.

jfreynik

Yes its mounted to the wall. This one was actually a goof up that I resurrected.It has to many heavy solder joints as far as I'm concerned.I was trying to come up with a way to lay out and cut and bend it out of one piece. But since I got a chemical to color solder to copper they don't stand out to bad. It's made out of 20 oz. copper. This is going to be my new job when I retire from roofing. I have several designs i make now and have taken a lot of pictures of old ones on jobs that I would like to copy.>>>

September 13, 2009 at 5:55 p.m.

wywoody

Nice. You'd be looking at $350 to $400 at Rejuvination in Portland. Is it mounted to the wall and not really hanging from the top? You may have to make your new roof leak so the patina on the light still matches, though.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Instant Roofer - Banner Ad - Embed Calculator
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2