User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
METALCON - Side Bar - METALCON 2024: Metal Tradeshow Conference & Expo
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

This is Scary

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Terry D

This website was brought to my attention this morning.

http://award-roofing.com/default.aspx

While the site itself has clean, sharp lines and is easy to navigate, I am disturbed by some of the things they have listed. Under the Solar Panel & Skylights tab, they actually say "We can apply fibered silver roof coating that can keep a slate rroof from leaking and make it durable again."

Oh yeah, their spelling is atrocious!

I am seriously considering having them come out to my house for an estimate just to see what they say!

Anyone want to take bets on how long it took for that rubber roof to leak?

July 21, 2010 at 8:32 p.m.

Old School

This should be fun!

July 20, 2010 at 9:07 p.m.

tinner666

I called him Friday and invited him over to 'hear' us. And I did tell him it was bad!

July 20, 2010 at 7:41 p.m.

Old School

Are these guys Eastern Europeans? The spelling is atrocious, and it seems to be something that a person not born into English would do. Wow!

July 20, 2010 at 1:11 p.m.

Terry D

Mike H Said: Definitely cut-n-paste pics. The one on the modified page shows Fields Roof Services. I looked them up and found what looks to be an old, quality oriented outfit. Sent them the link of the pic thief, will be interested in seeing if anything changes.

Just checked to see and YEP, the Fields Roof Services photo is gone. Imagine that!

July 11, 2010 at 10:18 p.m.

clublaugh

nothing wrong with the rubber, they just haven't put the fibered silver coating on it yet I bet this is the most traffic they've had on their site in a while

July 11, 2010 at 8:12 p.m.

kage

The Roofing God Said: I don`t know about you guys,but I torch the whole roll,not just the seams

We do full torch as well,there are guys here that just seam it and call it good,we've done a couple full re-roof because they did'nt fasten base then they just seamed it,base and cap,i dont know about some guys.. :blink: ..one roof they didnt fasten base and the whole roof flipped over in half..right to wood deck..the house was on the ocean,so it got a bit to windy..couldnt believe it..

July 11, 2010 at 6:57 p.m.

seen-it-all

I like these quotes for modified:

It is not, however, suited to areas prone to high rainfall or snowfall (It may leak the way they do it)

Fire extinguishers and water should be ready and recomended to be on hand when installing. (Kind of gives you a sense of security)

July 11, 2010 at 5:50 p.m.

tinner666

Those folks are hilarious! I should give them a backlink on my jackleg page. :laugh:

July 11, 2010 at 8:56 a.m.

egg

When earnest goes up against sarcasm, earnest will eventually win, but only if it has a firm base. Sarcasm will make you crazy. Earnest will make you cry.

July 11, 2010 at 8:47 a.m.

egg

"...We also use this method to line faulty or rusted box gutters it is a good alternitive to total replacement, as long as the wood decking the is intact, otherwise it would be weak and someone would be likely to put there foot threw...."

What distinguishes a conscientious tradesman from a hack is this ability to think ahead and to anticipate problems that wouldn't necessarily be evident to the average person.

July 10, 2010 at 8:03 p.m.

kage

Boy...I wish I had competion like that...

July 10, 2010 at 5:03 p.m.

Old School

OMG!! That is so pitiful it is hilarious! I wonder if the same guy does the inspections of the finished products that did the proof reading? (Prufe)

July 10, 2010 at 2:58 p.m.

Mike H

Definitely cut-n-paste pics. The one on the modified page shows "Fields Roof Services". I looked them up and found what looks to be an old, quality oriented outfit. Sent them the link of the pic thief, will be interested in seeing if anything changes.

July 9, 2010 at 9:40 p.m.

wywoody

I'm betting they don't do tile over spaced sheathing in Pittsburg. Their picture is probably cut-and-paste. I like how on the page where they brag about how they 'hand craft' custom woodwork, they provide a link to the place that makes it for them. Something tells me that Eastern Europeans are involved here.

July 9, 2010 at 7:46 p.m.

pgriz

No, no... this is great. In fact, you should ask prospective customers to call them first, and schedule an appointment after they go. The term "you get what you pay for" or "u git vat u payd fer" comes to mind. The detail work on the rubber roof is just priceless. Can I borrow these guys for my area when you're done with them?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TAMKO - Banner Ad - Titan Product of the Year
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad