User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

This is a trip.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author
August 15, 2009 at 1:19 p.m.

egg

Just imagine the heat build-up in that suit if the water film on the ramp dried out. What's the word... did we reach consensus on the veracity of this thing? It's been bothering me of late. Keep seeing that fellow rifling through the air when I ought to be concentrating on more important things. Weird. I want the guy to shoot it again in blue and red tights (with a cape) and try it head first next time. Why'd you drag me into this, Jed? Make it stop. :silly: :S>>>

August 10, 2009 at 11:29 a.m.

Mike H

I think the impetus for this project began in the backwoods of northern Alabama, when a couple of brother's yelled from the front yard "Heeeeeeeyyy Mommaaaaaaaaaa ! Come'er 'n watch lil Bobby Joe">>>

August 10, 2009 at 11:13 a.m.

pgriz

Wouldn't be surprised if the original stimulus for this idea was a discussion about whether a plane on a threadmill would fly... :laugh:>>>

August 10, 2009 at 11:00 a.m.

Mike H

Some folks have more money and time, than sense. I think this is a prime example. I think hitting the water at that angle would result in a skip, not a splash. We've all seen guys jump from great heights to 6" pools of water. The ability of water to disperse force to a surviveable level isn't argued. I'm just not buying the physics of the flight and landing. In addition to the above, I do not believe there is sufficient slope/speed to create the trajectory necessary to hit that pool.

The world may never know.>>>

August 10, 2009 at 10:20 a.m.

seen-it-all

Would be interesting to know if the launch ramp was hooked up to that computer and could sense the weight af the object and would self adjust to direct him to the pool.>>>

August 10, 2009 at 7:11 a.m.

CIAK

Wywoody Flying through the air would be kinda cool . I 'm with the I don't want a broken leg or broken anything else crowd . I 'll watch the dummy . :laugh: :laugh: Maybe when I was a young pup . Older and wiser now ;)>>>

August 10, 2009 at 7:04 a.m.

wywoody

In the long version you can see the test dummy. How many times in a row would you have to see the dummy make it before you tried?>>>

August 9, 2009 at 11:36 p.m.

egg

Jed, if that means I have a reputation to protect, I'd have to be, ah, well, er measured in my analysis. Put it on my photoshop and stuff, measure things. You know. Doc's got a point, but since we all know I'm not really in the inner circle of the smartest, what do I have to lose? I believe because I want to.>>>

August 9, 2009 at 8:22 p.m.

Dr.ROOF

Everything in the video is plausible except for the landing. Assume for a moment that there was no pool to land in. Only a gently sloping landing area that you could safely land on and slide to a gentle stop. Once you made your initial touchdown how far do you think you would slide traveling at the speed pictured in the video? I dunno for sure, but 50 ft maybe? Likely longer I'm thinking. Now think of the force required to carry you that distance. That same force would cause you to totally blow right through the back side of the little round landing pool. If the pool liner was strong enough to contain your momentum, for sure you would end up with some broken leg bones from the sudden stop.>>>

August 9, 2009 at 11:44 a.m.

Jed

.....yeah, I'm stuck, not sure either way, be kinda crazy doing all that work just to fool people. You can hear the cow bells in the background.... Egg, you're the smart one around here what do you think?

Here is the longer version Woody refers to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXXC2etJeZQ&feature=related>>>

August 8, 2009 at 11:45 a.m.

wywoody

I vote for real, just judging by the enthusiasm and relief of the guys after he made it. I was wromg about them being Russian (I assumed too much from the Russian letters on the long version), they're German. The website is Magawoosh.com and might give insights into whether it is real. But wait until next week, just today the site added this update;

Because of so many international requests I will set up my site in english until start of next week. Overwhelming! >>>

August 8, 2009 at 10:26 a.m.

Dr.ROOF

It's fake, but still good for a laugh.>>>

August 7, 2009 at 11:54 p.m.

Mike H

I call BS on this one.>>>

August 7, 2009 at 10:33 p.m.

Roof Doctors USA

Wow! That's wild. That looks like it took a lot of work to set up that little ride. Can you imagine the time needed build the ramp and platform for the inflatable pool not to mention setting up the slide? That's just crazy! >>>

August 7, 2009 at 2:53 p.m.

wywoody

I noticed they're Russians. They don't make miscalculations or subs would just sink or nuke plants explode. So they have nothing to worry about.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Glo Group - Banner Ad - Leverage Your Team to Scale Your Business - RLW Registration
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
MRCA - Side Bar - 2024 MRCA Conference & Expo
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
NRCA - Side Bar - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps