User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Polyglass - Sidebar - Polystick - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

This Hurt!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

madmike

Last week I was drying in a house when my button cap gun jammed, being in a hurry I failed to disconnect the hose before working on it....Lesson learned. After a brief visit to the ER I went back and completed the job.

>>>

July 24, 2009 at 9:12 a.m.

Miscreant

Imagine being in traffic and getting flipped off by this guy. I'd be skeered.>>>

July 24, 2009 at 9:00 a.m.

hatrick

I shot a 3 1/4 inch spike through my knee once. Somehow it didn't hit anything, in the top of the knee and the tip stuck out the bottom.I had my knee bent at the time. Went to the truck and pulled it out with pliers. The barbs (coil nail) hurt like crazy until they bent over backwards. Also put 2 roofin nails through my foot at different times. Pulled them out myself also. The last one I ended up at doctors a few days later, it had broke 2 toes at thier nuckles. It was kinda funny, I had nailed them together thru my shoe. But maybe I'm an idiot or accident prone.I also dropped a pickup truck off a jack on myself and had to call 911 to get it off me. No er visit for that niether.>>>

July 23, 2009 at 8:49 p.m.

madmike

Pot Gregory Said: A trip to the e/r here is minimal 750.00, i avoid it at all cost.....if possible. Just seems that I caint avoid it sometimes......lol

It's free for me - I'm a veteran and we have a clinic here :) I did think about the pliers but I was afraid the barbs from the coil nail would rip the meat out of my finger>>>

July 17, 2009 at 7:30 a.m.

Pot Gregory

A trip to the e/r here is minimal 750.00, i avoid it at all cost.....if possible. Just seems that I cain't avoid it sometimes......lol>>>

July 16, 2009 at 8:05 p.m.

tinner666

I just pull the out and duct tape them up. Keep working. Ain't got no time for an ER visit.>>>

July 16, 2009 at 6:58 p.m.

wywoody

Wow that's painful to look at. Do you still have a fat finger?

One time a guy working for me put a 2" staple through his finger. The hillbilly sider working there saw him and whipped out his pliers and wanted to pull it out. The guy said no, he wanted to go to yhe ER. So while we get in the truck to go, the sider is rattling off all the things he's yanked from employees, kids, wives, dogs, he's kind of insulted.

We get to the ER and the doc fumbles around in a drawer until he finds him a pair of pliers just like the siders'.>>>

July 16, 2009 at 3:51 p.m.

madmike

Hey Jed...I'm glad theres another hardcore roofer here! :)

No pain...No gain!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>

July 16, 2009 at 7:53 a.m.

Mike H

You mean you didn't just grab the claw hammer and rip it out? LOL

That does look sore.

Had a guy once squat down on a lightening rod while setting a roll in hot. Burried the thing into his thigh bone. He refused to go to the hospital. But it's the same guy that pulled his own infected molar at lunch time with a pair dirty roofing pliers too.

>>>

July 16, 2009 at 7:48 a.m.

Jed

Damn straight. What else would you do? ........edit: I would'nt have gone to the ER.....nothing less than a severed limb sends me to the ER...>>>

July 16, 2009 at 7:26 a.m.

OLE Willie

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Depot - Banner Ad - Supply the whole roofing job
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders