English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
Westlake - Sidebar Ad - Special roofing that rises above it all
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Thinking about buying an industrial brake

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

clvr83

There is a 10' Roper Whitney available for a good price near me. I currently use a VanMark Metal Master 12'6" but the bends aren't as precise as I'd like for 24 gauge. The Roper does 16 gauge, but isn't portable. It's in very good condition according to the ad.

Can anybody tell me what to look for as far as defects? Or give me a reason NOT to buy this? It looks like a money making mother effer, but I'll need to buy a slitter too. This makes me happy and sad at the same time....dang tools and my love for them.

September 22, 2016 at 10:21 p.m.

clvr83

The brake sold about 2 minutes before I called him. :(

We have a 60'x80' shop absolutely filled with stuff. It's got roofing, sheet metal, misc"farm" stuff incl. a mid-size tractor parked in there, mechanic equipment, and rental BS. Piles of insulation & rolled goods.

We clean it up real nice most winters, but we hardly had a winter this past year. So at this point, negative, we don't have the space for it. We've bought some nice racks that could be used for sheet metal. If we do get a brake like this, we will be designating an area for sure.

I'm going to be looking at others now though. I just sold a job with all copper drip edge, valleys, and flashings so this would be a good opportunity to start paying it off.

September 22, 2016 at 9:23 a.m.

wywoody

Do you have room in your shop for the brake and an arc in front of it of 15-20 feet that you can keep clear? Wrestling sheets of metal in clutter isn't fun.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CC-Season5-UnlockingEfficiency-July11-Banner-Watch
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Pli-Dek - Sidebar - Only the Best - June
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey