User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

The word must be getting out

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

Despite what my straight man Jet might try to tell you . I think he a little pizzed and jealous he doesn't live here . The rest of the state and nation just can't be wrong. http://www.visitflorida.com/Caladesi_Island_State_Park/videos/video_id.117 Won the award again this year. Also the most visited state park in Florida>>>

July 29, 2009 at 10:08 a.m.

Mike H

Thanks Jed. Yeah, I love them. A place that faced due west for year-round sunsets was 1st priority when looking for a location.>>>

July 29, 2009 at 6:25 a.m.

Jed

Nice place Mike. I see you like sunsets too.>>>

July 28, 2009 at 6:27 p.m.

robert

Yea mike i think thier the prettiest beachs in North America,first time i rolled up on those beachs i thought i was in the carribean! :woohoo:>>>

July 28, 2009 at 6:09 p.m.

Mike H

Hey, I gotta chime in here. I agree with Robert, but I've never been stung by a jellyfish. See lots of them during the colder months, but the water is too cold for swimming by December. Sometimes by November.

The winner of that Dr. Beach list is retired each year. My beach, Cape San Blas, or St. Joeseph Peninsula, won in 1992. At the time, the list was 11 years old, and 7 of the previously retired beach winners were in Hawaii.

I don't actively rent my place, but will to people that I know.

Just came back Saturday, after 2 fun filled weeks of fishing, beaching, kayaking, waiting for CIAK to call, and snorkeling for scallops. Scallop season is until Sept. 10th, and can be found right off our dock, although it's not the best bottom for it. A short kayak trip around the island leaves a much nicer bottom for wading.

The tarpon have been rolling on the surface in the mornings beyond the 2nd sandbar, a little to far for surf fishing, but my son hooked a 5 footer from the kayak. When it started pulling him out to sea, he freaked and cut his line.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/569460831QMhVkS

This is solitude and good oyster country. If shopping malls are your gig, this ain't the place.

>>>

July 28, 2009 at 5:36 p.m.

robert

Best beachs are on the gulf in the panhandle pretty blue water and white sand also lots of jellyfish to sting you to. :woohoo:>>>

July 28, 2009 at 12:45 p.m.

CIAK

Touche Jet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: B)

Doc , No matter where you go enjoy buddy. :woohoo:>>>

July 28, 2009 at 12:33 p.m.

JET

CIAK Said: Doc Yeah there are plenty of family motels and hotels.This town is very very family friendly . Despite all the hype of the best and most visited , I know there are lots of empty rooms. Email me if your interested and Ill give you some nice places to stay . What is your price range and what do you want to do ? It only 5 hrs drive from your location . I have some really close family friends that live in your town . What might be of interest to you in the roofing field concerning or friends . Their father invented the original Presidential shingle when it was a class C organic. I dont know how many times I questioned why he made them run from left to right. :woohoo: Jet I wasnt alluding to your sexual orientation . Now you got me wondering why you even bring that up ??? Your interest can be satiated aha.. there is a club that those guys , BUTT then again perhaps that is your neck of the WOOD ( pun intended } :blink: :side: :silly: :ohmy: :woohoo: :( B

Ed Dunedin is the next town north of Clearwater There is another little boating community just north of Dunedin , Ozona very very cool .

So, you're a "club" man :P :P Hook, line and sinker......... :laugh: :laugh:

RD......my bad, thought you were out of state. What's wrong with your side of the state? Lots of nice beach there too but the Gulf beach is the best, IMO........Look into the Hilton in Longboat Key. Their website has photos of the place. It's really small, has a great restaurant and a beach bar. You can watch the kids swim right from a bar stool.......doesn't get any better than that! Think you can do a room there now for about $159 which is half what it is during peak season.

JET>>>

July 28, 2009 at 11:44 a.m.

roofdoc1

Good times good times Hey guys thanks for the help. Ciak I will email you, Jet I will also look into Brandenton, thanks for the heads up. I'm in Melbourne so no plane ride for me. Jed I sure dont want any self combusting quarters, dully noted. You guys keep me laughing, keep up the good work, and good luck to us all. MW>>>

July 28, 2009 at 11:34 a.m.

Jed

CIAK Said: Doc Yeah there are plenty of family motels and hotels.This town is very very family friendly . Despite all the hype of the best and most visited , I know there are lots of empty rooms. Email me if your interested and Ill give you some nice places to stay . What is your price range and what do you want to do ? It only 5 hrs drive from your location . I have some really close family friends that live in your town . What might be of interest to you in the roofing field concerning or friends . Their father invented the original Presidential shingle when it was a class C organic. I dont know how many times I questioned why he made them run from left to right. :woohoo: Jet I wasnt alluding to your sexual orientation . Now you got me wondering why you even bring that up ??? Your interest can be satiated aha.. there is a club that those guys , BUTT then again perhaps that is your neck of the wood ( pun intended } :blink: :side: :silly: :ohmy: :woohoo: :( B Ed the next town north of Clearwater)

More evidence of your complete lack of knowledge concerning roofing I see.... Roofdoc, The hotels on the beach are booked solid this time of year and will cost you a fortune should you be fortunate enough to find one. Watch out for ciaks rentals, he has a few that have dodgy wiring and are prone to self combust.......>>>

July 28, 2009 at 11:21 a.m.

CIAK

Doc Yeah there are plenty of family motels and hotels.This town is very very family friendly . Despite all the hype of the best and most visited , I know there are lots of empty rooms. Email me if your interested and I'll give you some nice places to stay . What is your price range and what do you want to do ? It only 5 hrs drive from your location . I have some really close family friends that live in your town . What might be of interest to you in the roofing field concerning or friends . Their father invented the original Presidential shingle when it was a class C organic. I don't know how many times I questioned why he made them run from left to right. :woohoo: Jet I wasn't alluding to your sexual orientation . Now you got me wondering why you even bring that up ??? Your interest can be satiated aha.. there is a club that those guys , BUTT then again perhaps that is your neck of the " WOOD " ( pun intended } :blink: :side: :silly: :ohmy: :woohoo: :( B

Ed Dunedin is the next town north of Clearwater There is another little boating community just north of Dunedin , Ozona very very cool .>>>

July 28, 2009 at 11:08 a.m.

JET

Thanks for the "straight" tag Chucky 'cause over there in your neck of the woods they're anything butt (pun intended) ;) ;). RD, check out Bradenton beach if you want a really nice quiet, clean, and "straight" vacation experience (the Hilton there is out of this world). That whole area he's talking about is jammed 24/7 with touristas. We do a lot of work over there and I just dread the drive to pull permits due to the traffic problems. Fly into Tampa and you're just about 90 minutes from true Paradise, right on the beach.

JET>>>

July 28, 2009 at 11:01 a.m.

Ed The Roofer

Chuck, are you closer to St. Petersburg, Treasure Island, ClearWater or Madiera Beach?

Ed>>>

July 28, 2009 at 10:34 a.m.

roofdoc1

Hey Chuck, any good hotels on the beach you would recommend?? Thinking of taking the fam next week before school starts for the younguns. Any shops/stores things for a 7 yr. boy and 15 yr girl to do?>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Glo Group - Banner Ad - Leverage Your Team to Scale Your Business - RLW Registration
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders