User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

The Ash is fallen

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

I'm here just out side LA . This morning hopped in my car to head on out to the evac center . Whoa ashes all over everything . The air quality is really bad right now. Sunday night when I arrived the flames were licking the top of the mountains and huge fire lines blazing . Like a scarf or band of fabric worn around your neck, a cravats . Looks like I may be out here for sometime , Fires are totally out of control and projected containment two weeks from now.>>>

September 6, 2009 at 10:56 a.m.

CIAK

Here is a shot of the fires from Mount Wilson web cam http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~obs/towercam.htm I can't seem to get this to load . Maybe the satellite I'm working through with all the filters it has to go through ?? It's a secure system I-net view with a Verizon as the provider .

>>>

September 3, 2009 at 9:32 a.m.

SoCalroofer

CIAK I am no were near the fires and hills, I'm near the Orange county and L.A.county lines, so I dont need to worry myself but these home owners in the fire area hills do. If we get a el nino after these fires most likely we will see some mud slides, happens alot out here. We have only a few inchs of rain out here each year for the last few years and thats usely in Dec Jan and Feb all the other months have been pretty dry. Florida has some day rainfall totals that are more then we get in a year lately.>>>

September 2, 2009 at 7:02 p.m.

CIAK

Ahhhnolld was talking up how proued he was of the fire fighters ." They are stroong, like they was eatin spinich . That was this morning in a press conferance :laugh: :laugh:>>>

September 2, 2009 at 10:36 a.m.

CIAK

Socalroofer You may need to find the house first after the rains. It may not be in the same place as the it was before . A major problem after the fires are mud slides ......... If anyone happens to be on or in that potential situation.. I'm pretty certain most policy's won't cover ground movement. Check it out . Read your policy . Make sure you understand what it says. Some one is roofing off the Foothill rd . I might stop by and say hey to them . I'll try to get a few pics of California roofing .>>>

September 1, 2009 at 10:32 p.m.

egg

Not such a good plan to have fires burn off all the ground cover and then let el nino sock it to the mud.>>>

September 1, 2009 at 5:42 p.m.

SoCalroofer

We have not had rain out here since May and might not see rain until December. Weathermen are saying this might be an el nino year which will bring a lot of rain this winter. We can only hope. The last few years we have had little rain so homeowners put that roofing job on hold, no rain no need to worry about the roof.>>>

September 1, 2009 at 5:25 p.m.

Dr.ROOF

Hopefully you'll get some rain thats being generated by Jimena.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Johns Manville - TPO- Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
APOC - Sidebar - 3x Points - June
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar