User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Contractor Outlook - Sponsored by SRS
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

terminated contract with 2 weeks later

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

joeal

I had a costumer he hired me in April, 2009 to do his roof this included: tear off 3 layers of roofing( 2-shigles layers and 1 layer wood shake) reinforced collar ties ( every single collar tie) install new CDX 5/8" plywood not OSB, but when plywood was install he change his mind and wanted pressure treated plywood (no can do I said and he did not like, but he did not say nothing else) fine. we used stainless steel nail (pricey) And we install ice and water shield all over the house to protect house from rain

We found some insulation on a room call Swiss Chalet and told us to removed it, also wood strips. And he wanted to add more insulation about 14" higher ,but roof was 7" higher between decking and ceiling so we raised rafter to 16". It took my crew 2 weeks to do it. we waited almost 3 month for this guy to order the insulation. There were some rains with wind so He called me when inculators were spraying insulation (it was raining) ad told this man it's raining, and he reply no it's not. so he sent an email terminating my contract Dec 15,2009. where he said termination of contract Dec 5, 2009. the funny part is He never ordered the tiles and we had the contract signed for Oct 13,2009

December 26, 2009 at 10:24 a.m.

tico

God spoke,words of wisdom. it usedto be that if you snooze you lose. in this economy,you snooze you die. any way that the consumer can be left with his money vs. the contractor recovering his due is air apparent.

December 24, 2009 at 10:25 p.m.

joeal

I put him under collection for breaking a contract

December 24, 2009 at 9:10 p.m.

OLE Willie

P.S. File a lein on his property and a law suit to enforce the lein. In my state you have 6 months.

December 24, 2009 at 9:09 p.m.

OLE Willie

Perfect example of 3 very important things never to forget. Especially on a larger job. 1) Always have a very good and legal contract. 2) Never let a homeowner furnish the materials. 3) Always collect half upfront on the larger jobs. At this point it will come down to the contract and proof of the facts of the work that took place to this point. Sorry this has happened to you. :dry:

December 24, 2009 at 6:31 p.m.

roofrite

I'm having a hard time understanding your post?

December 24, 2009 at 5:46 p.m.

Old School

Did you get paid for what you did so far?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Adams & Reese - Banner Ad - Christopher Kane - Storm Ready: Insights on Hurricane Preparedness
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Elevate - Sidebar Ad - Nobody covers you better
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Uniflex - Sidebar - Sales Reps
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch