User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Sunny (foggy) California

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

egg

Went down to get a new faucet. All the shelves were bare and there were two big tote boxes in the aisle full of fixtures. Can't sell them to me. Guess what... no yellow brass fixtures, no yellow brass fittings, no yellow brass in any pumps, no yellow brass in pressure switches. Zero lead allowed. For God's sake, somebody is chasing after a pipe dream turned nightmare. $90 for a ball valve? Please make it stop. Don't follow us into this Hell-fire.

January 5, 2010 at 1:45 p.m.

Old School

In Kalamazoo, they made the cycle companies stop selling the smaller bikes because they had lead in/on some of the parts and the young kids could chew on them...I guess while dad is rebuilding the motor and checking the tire pressure for the next race, junior is going to be eating the seat and the shocks. This is because the smaller cycles are "made" for the youngsters, so they had to be lead free. Are we living in an insane asylum or what?

January 5, 2010 at 7:22 a.m.

wywoody

You convinced me, EGG. I'm quitting roofing, loading up the trunk with plumbing fixtures and heading down to Cal to sell them in HD parking lots. "Psst, I've got your Commando 5000 showerhead right here, buddy. Normally only used to wash elephants."

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - Living the dream summer adventure 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar