English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Storm Repair systems and advice

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

roofbull

I am looking in to setting a storm this season to provide residential roofing services and was wondering if anyone knew of a resource or tool that works well to help track the job files. Seems it could be pretty hard to manage all the paperwork for the jobs and track payments, insurance stuff, etc. Anyone know of or can recommend an affordable system that is not murder to administrate?

Also, anyone know of a decent telemarketing company - or, recommend going in-house?

Any other comments or tips are appreciated.

thanks.

March 20, 2010 at 6:29 p.m.

Mr Shingle

I would look at EstimationPro.com and take the time and to do the 20 minute demo. They have a ad now on the home page here. We use hailwatch also.

March 18, 2010 at 8:44 a.m.

tico

www.hailwatch.com.they have A service that tracks,locates and then notifies you of the storm.from emminent danger to the actual pinpoint location,size and density or concentration of the hail.

March 18, 2010 at 12:12 a.m.

jimAKAblue

How does hailwatch work?

January 13, 2010 at 10:07 a.m.

roofbull

Hi Bill, I am familiar with Hailwatch and anything weather and we will be using your swath reports and notifications -- Can you post a link to the area that describes your back-office job tracking services?

January 12, 2010 at 2:41 p.m.

HailWatch

Roofbull, contact me offline. We have several programs that are perfect for "setting a storm"

Bill Combes www.hailwatch.com 800.845.0383 512.686.1767 (direct)

January 8, 2010 at 2:49 p.m.

Old School

Once a long time ago I had a bunch of workers...Worst mistake I ever made. I work with just a couple now and it is much better. Obviously I am not the one to talk to, because you want to be a "roofing contractor", and that is whole lot different than just being a regular roofer; like me!

January 8, 2010 at 1:19 p.m.

roofbull

yes, i understand that as i have storming experience - the back-office management is what i am most interested in investigating and hearing opinions on.

thanks!

January 7, 2010 at 6:36 p.m.

Old School

It would be simplier to just work with someone that has done it before. Do it for one season and then go out on your own. Not my cup of tea though. I guess everyone has their own business plan!

January 7, 2010 at 5:21 p.m.

roofbull

I mean, set-up in a location to assist with exterior damage caused by a natural disaster. I have sales and roofing production crews and have dome SOME insurance work -- but "storming" would require a good system for managing all the job files, collections and production and I was wondering is there was any advice out there on a system that I could get familiar with now to be ready for the throughput when the storms start coming.

Thanks.

January 7, 2010 at 3:04 p.m.

Jed

What do you mean by "setting a storm"?

roofbull Said: I am looking in to setting a storm this season to provide residential roofing services and was wondering if anyone knew of a resource or tool that works well to help track the job files. Seems it could be pretty hard to manage all the paperwork for the jobs and track payments, insurance stuff, etc. Anyone know of or can recommend an affordable system that is not murder to administrate?

Also, anyone know of a decent telemarketing company - or, recommend going in-house?

Any other comments or tips are appreciated.

thanks.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

NRCA - Banner - 2025 NRCA Gold Circle Award
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Embed Calculator
WSRCA - Side Bar - Western Roofing Expo 2024
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest! (2)
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar - Roofle + OC - June
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Siding solutions for any style